- If you’re an ARMY, the questions of how BTS members were discovered and how BTS was formed likely crossed your mind. Well, like the great bands before them, their story is a mix of the conventional and unconventional. BTS debuted in 2013 with their first-ever single, “No More Dream.” Since then, BTS members—RM, Jungkook, Jimin, V, Suga, Jin, and J-Hope—have become household names among K-pop fans everywhere.
- With celebrity fans like Shawn Mendes, Tyra Banks, and Charlie Puth, BTS has become one of the biggest and most well-known acts in K-pop history. But BTS wasn’t always BTS. About a decade ago, BTS members were just seven, normal South Korean guys with dreams of pop stardom. Then came Big Hit Entertainment, and their lives changed forever. As ARMYs know, 2020 was a milestone year for the band.
- After the release of their first number-one single on the Billboard Hot 100, “Dynamite,” in August 2020, BTS followed their success with two more number-one hits: “Savage Love (Lax – Siren Beat)” with Jawsh 685 and Jason Derulo and “Life Goes On” from their November 2020 album, BE. The boy band was also nominated for their first-ever Grammy at the 2021 award show in the Best Pop Duo/Group Performance category for “Dynamite.” So how was BTS formed into the band we know today? Read about all of BTS members’ discovery stories ahead.
Big Hit Entertainment audition is only open for boys who fall under the age group of 12 to 18.
Every country citizen is eligible to participate in the show.
Females and girls can also be a part of the BHE audition 2021.
Audition Date for Big Hit Entertainment in 2021
Big Hit Entertainment every year conducts an audition to select k-pop artists. Artists who are selected in auditions are trained and then they debut as a k-pop band. There is no confirmed audition date for BHE 2021 however it’s expected to be in October. Interested candidates are advised to keep an eye on the official website so that they don’t miss the last date of the audition.
Singing– under this category, candidates need to make a video clip of themselves singing or wrapping. Candidates also need to submit a full front photo of them. They will need this photo during the audition.
Modeling- Under this category, candidates need to submit a video introducing them. In this section, participants need to submit a PR video. It will consist of a frontal body shot and a headshot.
Acting– In this category, candidates need to submit a video of them reacting. Along with this candidate also have to submit one full body photo and one headshot.
List of Venues Where Auditions Will be held
America: Los Angeles, New York City.
Singapore: Path Singapore
South Korea: Busan, Sapporo, Seoul, Gwangju, Taipei, Osaka
Japan: Tokyo, Kaahasiung
Vietnam: Ho Chi Minh
BHE Audition List of Countries
Big Hit Entertainment is a worldwide audition show. Youth across the globe can participate in the audition without any border bar. The company organizes auditions across the globe to select k-pop artists. Below is the list of where the BHE audition will be organized.
Details of BHE Auditions Application Form
Date of birth
Social media ID link
Media file attachment and its URL.
RM, whose full name is Kim Namjoon, was the first member of BTS and is the band’s leader. RM, whose previous stage name was Rap Monster, is one of the band’s rappers. He started rapping in the sixth grade after he listened to Epik High’s “Fly” for the first time. In 2007, when he was in middle school, RM started rapping under the name Runch Randa, which led him to the rap crew Daenamhyup. (The crew also consisted of now-known stars like Top Dogg’s KIDOH, Big Hit Entertainment producer Supreme Boi and Show Me the Money 3 finalist Iron.) After that, RM started releasing more songs as a solo rapper until he was invited to audition for a hip-hop agency, where he met Untouchable’s Sleepy, who was a judge at the audition. Impressed by RM’s rapping, Sleepy connected RM to producer Bang Shi Hyuk, who invited him to audition for Big Hit Entertainment. Then, in 2010, RM became one of BTS band members, and the rest is history.
Jungkook, whose full name is Jeon Jeongguk, is one of BTS’ singers. He’s also the youngest member of the band, making him BTS’ Golden Maknae. Jungkook, whose nickname is Kookie, was discovered when he auditioned for the third season of Superstar K in his hometown of Busan. He was eliminated in the audition rounds, but the show gave him enough exposure to be scouted by at least seven agencies, including JYP Entertainment, FNC Entertainment, and Starship Entertainment. In the end, though, Jungkook chose Big Hit Entertainment to become a trainee at. Jungkook has said that the reason he chose Big Hit Entertainment over the other agencies was because of RM, who impressed him with his rapping, which made Jungkook want to train and work with him. Long story short, RM is one of the reasons that Jungkook is one of BTS members.
Suga, whose real name is Min Yoongi, started as a rapper under the name Gloss in high school. It didn’t take long for Suga to make a name for himself as both a rapper and a producer. (He was known at the time for producing and composing beats for local artists, like band D-Town, in his hometown of Daegu.) Soon after, Suga started producing tracks for more well-known artists, like Reflow, who worked with Suga on his song “Who Am I.” Suga auditioned for Big Hit Entertainment after he saw a flyer for the company’s rap competition called “Hit It.” Suga didn’t win the competition, but he did take second place, which was enough for Big Hit Entertainment to sign him as a producer and a trainee. Though he planned on only becoming a producer, Suga was convinced to join BTS in 2010 and became one of the band’s rappers. (He’s joked that founder Bang Shi Hyuk “tricked” him into becoming a BTS member.)
- Before his debut with BTS, Jung Hoseok aka J-Hope was a dancer. He had always loved to dance, and he even joined a dance crew called “Neuron” in his hometown of Gwangju, Korea.
- Because of his love for dancing, J-Hope auditioned for JYP Entertainment. Although he passed the first few rounds, he eventually got cut from the JYP auditions.
- The final member to join BTS, Park Jimin is originally from Busan, Korea. He attended the Busan High School of Arts, where he was a top student in the Department of Dance. Jimin had a natural talent for dance. As a promising young contemporary dance student, one of his dance teachers urged Jimin to audition for Big Hit Entertainment. During his trainee days, Jimin was often seen back dancing for GLAM’s “Glamorous” performance. He also had a brief cameo in GLAM’s music video for “Party (XXO).”
- Rap Mon was a part of BTS since the beginning. He has seen bts members changing. Jungkook and Taehyung (V) entered the scene later. Jungkook was cast after auditioning at SuperStarK2 and V passed his auditions and became a part of BTS (Note: V was not revealed until debut and Jungkook was not revealed until final members were chosen). Seokjin (Jin) was recruited by Big Hit at his university, despite his initial desire to act (Again Jin was not revealed until final members were chosen). Jimin was also recruited into the team. Jimin and J-Hope went on to take dance lessons at academies to improve their dance. Final Auditions happened and Kidoh, unfortunately, could not make it to the auditions because he was taking his college entrance exams, taking him off the team. The seven members: Rap Monster, Suga, J-Hope, Jungkook, V, Jin, and Jimin debuted in June 2013. Making Rap Monster the longest Trainee (4 years ) and Jimin the shortest at a little under 1 year. Their audition went pretty well. Though initially, V wasn't selected, Rap Mon urged Bighit to take him in(thank god he did, can't even imagine BTS without V).
Big Hit Entertainment Auditions 2021 Registration
South Korean Entertainment Company Big Hit organizes a big hit entertainment audition show to find a new k-pop group that will make their debut as a boy band in 2021. You can check the BH audition date for males and boys in this article. Every year a large number of people and youth apply for Big Hit Entertainment audition, however actually before going for an audition, candidates need to qualify for it. Keep reading this article to find audition applications, dates, and eligibility criteria. Candidates who are interested in being a part of the big hit entertainment audition 2021 can apply for an audition on the official web portal. Candidates can submit their application form following which the official will shortlist the candidate for the task.
Candidates can apply for BHE audition 21 under various categories. This company conducts auditions every year all over the world to find new k-pop talent. Candidates need to perform tasks after which they get selected for an audition.
Questions and Answers
How did BTS members audition?
While as a student at the Busan High School of Arts, where he studied under the Department of Dance, a dance teacher, impressed by Jimin's talent, encouraged him to audition for Big Hit Entertainment. After he passed the audition in his hometown in Busan, Jimin was flown to Seoul, where he became a trainee.
How long was Jungkook a trainee for?
RM, Jin, Suga, J-Hope, Jimin, V, and Jungkook trained for months before officially joining BTS. Of the seven idols in this group, one of the vocalists only trained for a year before being presented to the public. Here's what we know about the BTS members and their trainee years.
How to Apply for Big Hit Entertainment Label Audition Registration In India?
Step 1: To give your audition in BHE, you first have to apply for an audition on the official web portal. BigHitAudition.com
Step 2: Scroll Down till Online Audition, First Click on “Details” then click on “Apply”.
Step 3: Now an Apply page will Open. Here you will ask to fill in details like email id and then click on the verification email tab.
Step 4: You will receive an email in which you will find a verification link, click on it, and verify.
Step 5: Your email is already registered on the official website. Now you have to choose the audition type. You will find this option available on the official portal.
Step 6: After this, choose performance categories such as vocal, rap, dancing, acting, and modeling.
Step 7: Now you have to provide your social media ID and your physics measures such as height.
Step 8: After that, you have to upload your photo in JPG/ PNG/ GIF format. The size of the photo should not be more than 20 MB.
Step 9: In the end, you have to upload your audition video. It is noted that the size of this video should not be more than 100 MB.
Step 10: Once you upload all the documents, click on agree to all policies and conditions and press submit button.
Step 11: Your registration process is completed. You will be contacted by the show’s team if your application is shortlisted.