The government of Andhra Pradesh takes initiative from time to time for the betterment of living standard and providing better opportunities for education. Schemes like Jagananna Vasati Deevena scheme and the YSR Kapu Nestam Scheme has been put to force after being approved by the cabinet. Apart from this, one such important approval made on 27th November, by the Andhra Pradesh government, is Jagan Anna Vidya Deevena scheme. Herein the students belonging from BPL category will be provided with 100% fee reimbursements.
Under the Jagananna Vidya Deevena scheme, the cabinet approved INR 3400 Crore, as part of reimbursement amount in the current FY. The scheme aims to provide better education facilities removing the hurdle of monetary expense, for students willing to pursue their education.
How to apply online for Jagananna Vidya Deevena scheme? Who are eligible under the scheme?
The Andhra Pradesh Government recently implemented the Jagananna Vidya Deevena scheme. The government through this scheme aims education empowerment and provides the eligible students with an educational financial aid of INR 20000. Proper free hostel and food facilities will also be provided to the students registered under the scheme. Under the scheme, the 100% fee reimbursements will be provided to the registered candidates.
Any students registered under the course of B.Tech, M.Pharmacy, B.Pharmacy, MBA, MCA, M.Tech and B.Ed, are eligible under the Andhra Pradesh State government scheme. A sum of INR 15000 is offered to the students of Polytechnic while the one holding a Graduate degree and under the other courses receive INR 20000. The ITI students receive INR 10000 under the scheme. Proper precautions are taken to ensure that the students receive complete fee reimbursements.
Important information on Jagananna Vidya Deevena scheme
- The scheme was initiated under the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy. The same will be supervised by the Andhra Pradesh Education Department.
- It is a Government Scheme expectedly planned under the Andhra Pradesh with an implementation in January 2020.
- For being eligible the family income should be less than INR 2.5 lakh annually.
- Eligible students can apply offline to take advantage of this scheme.
- The Jagananna Vidya Deevena scheme is for the benefit of a student of private and Government colleges, falling under the BPL category. Any student registered under ITI, Polytechnic, Engineering, PG students or any other degree.
- The official website to obtain other important information is ap.gov.in.
Features and highlights of the scheme
- All those students belonging from the Scheduled Castes and Tribes, Other backward classes, Minorities, Economically backward class, differently abled-students, Kapus, categories will be receiving reimbursement of the fee.
- Anyone who has a 10-acre Wetland and 25-acre Dryland, are eligible to take benefits under the scheme.
- Students having a family annual income less than 2.5 lakh, are eligible to take benefit under the Jagananna Vidya Deevena scheme.
- For students who come from families doing sanitation works or are dependent upon taxi, auto, tractor for their financial needs, do not have an income limit under the scheme. Anyone paying income tax is debarred from being registered under the scheme.
- Students pursuing B Tech, B Pharmacy, M Pharmacy, MBA. M Tech, MCA, BEd, are all eligible under the scheme to receive full reimbursements.
- The fee reimbursement is made by the YSRCP government as compared to previous TDS government, has been increased by INR 1800 Crore.
What is the eligibility criteria under the Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme?
- The students applying under this scheme must be the local inhabitants of the state of Andhra Pradesh/the residents of AP. The applicants are eligible only if they wish to pursue their higher education. Before applying, the applicants must have taken admission in the concerned college for the eligible courses– B.Tech, M.Pharmacy, B.Pharmacy, MBA, MCA, M.Tech B.Ed, ITI, Polytechnic or any other degree or the PG Courses.
- The family income of the applying students must not exceed INR 2.5 Lakhs or they shall be debarred from applying under the scheme. Any students whose parents pay the tax and are under the tax slab, will not be eligible under the scheme.
- Students whose family income depends upon the taxi driving, truck driving, sanitation providers and are eligible under the scheme, will be provided with the financial assistance.
- Any applicant under the scheme must mandatorily fall under the category of BPL or EWS.
- No students who are pursuing distant education courses will be permitted for any financial assistance under the scheme.
- The members and the applicants must not have a family member as a government employee or the pensioner. Under this point, the sanitary workers are considered to be exempted.
- The family of the applicant should not hold a 4 wheeler. Although the Taxi, tractors and the autos are exempted from this point.
Important points about the present scholarships scheme
- INR 5000 annually is provided to applicants belonging from categories of Scheduled castes and tribes, Backward classes, minorities, EBC.
- Any students who have an attendance record of 75% or more in every session is provided with the scholarship and mess charges every year.
- INR 1400 is received every month (per 10 months) as mess charges and the one under the welfare hostels are not offered any scholarship by the government of Andhra Pradesh.
Important points about the new scholarships scheme (Revised)
- Any students who have applied to study under any degree, engineering or some other courses will receive facilitation for tuition fee and the hostel fee of INR 20000 annually, by the government of Andhra Pradesh.
- Any student who applies for welfare hostels scheme will not be required to pay the mess charges and the same shall be paid by the government itself. Any difference between the amount offered and the charge of the mess shall be transferred to the student’s mother’s account.
- To avail the reimbursement of the tuition fee, the students under the scheme must have a total of 75% attendance in every session as per the school register book.
- The eligible candidates will be issued Jagananna Vidya Deevena Cards to avail the benefit under the scheme offered by the government of Andhra Pradesh.
Facilities under the Jagananna Vidya Deevena (RTF) and Jagananna Vasathi Deevena scheme
- Deevana (MTF) cards, will help get a reimbursement of the fee (RTF) under the Jagananna Vidya Deevena scheme.
- All the eligible students shall be provided with INR 20000, annually for their food and hostel expenses (FY 2019-20) under the scheme of Jagananna Vasathi Deevena.
- Eligible students must be studying in the Government aided or Private Colleges, which are affiliated to State Universities or Boards. Students pursuing Polytechnic or any other degree like ITI and some other above level courses are all eligible to receive the benefits under the scheme.
How to apply under the Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme?
Nothing about the registration or the enrolment process has been announced by the Chief Minister of the Andhra Pradesh, to avail perks under this scheme. There will be a scheme portal available for the candidates to apply herein and the concerned department as said, is working on the website launch faster. Any official announcement made under this regard shall be updated soon to the eligible candidates willing to apply under the scheme.
What are the documents necessary for applying under the Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme?
- To be eligible, the students who wish to enrol under the scheme shall be able to provide their residential proof documents which have been issued by the Andhra Pradesh government.
- The students before applying shall take admission in the respective college under the concerned course. The students are required to produce such admission certificate as the proof of their being part of such concerned institute. The students also need to provide the receipt of the admission fee to show their respective college or university admissions.
- Aadhar card photocopy for scrutiny is required to be submitted with other official documents.
- Bank accounts details are to be attached along with the respective application form submitted.
- A student needs to submit a declaration for his parents being a non-tax payer. The same should be officially issued.
- An annual income certificate is to be provided of the parents, to be eligible under the scheme and availing the perks under the scheme. The parent’s occupation certificate is also being demanded by the government of Andhra Pradesh together with other documents.
- A certificate of BPL and EWS issued by the government of the state is to be provided by all the students.
If proper documentation, together with other eligible points are covered by the candidates, the same shall be eligible to take advantage under the scheme or else the government of Andhra Pradesh shall debar the students from same.
Vidya Deevena scheme
Women Can Earn Upto Rs.50000/- Check Now
Get Upto Rs15000/- For Education – AP AMMA VODI SCHEME 2020
Jnanabhumi Scholarship Status Check Online 2020
Delhi Pollution: Worse Than Emergency Level? | Causes & Measures