Aarogya Setu App - Benefits, Installation and How to Check
As the Covid-19 situation is increasing day-by-day, the government of India is also increasing its precautions and taking new initiatives, and one such effort is Aarogya Setu App. Aarogya Setu is a coronavirus app, which helps to track coronavirus infected people near you. The app is available in both Google play store and Apple app store for both android and iPhone users. To know more about this app, read the article till the end.
The government of India has launched the Aarogya Setu app to make the people aware about the coronavirus situation in the country. Aarogya Setu has been developed by the National Informatics Centre (NIC). The main aim of this app is to augment the initiative of the government. This app helps to track coronavirus infected people and places and also provides correct and genuine information.
The benefits of using Aarogya Setu App are as follows:
- Aarogya Setu app works on Bluetooth rather than mobile data.
- It determines the risk factor based on your location.
- It will inform you if there is any COVID-19 infected person within a 6-feet radius.
- It provides several preventive measures.
- You can ask any question in the app, the A.I. will answer you.
- You can also find the helpline number for each state.
- The app can also act as an e-pass for travelling from one place to another.
How To Install and Use Aarogya Setu App?
One must follow the following steps to use this app properly:
1. First, go to Google play store (if you are an android user) or Apple app store (if you are an iPhone user) for downloading the App.
2. Once you are done with the installation of the app, you have to select a language. There are 11 different languages available such as English, Hindi etc.
3. Now, switch on the Bluetooth and GPS of your phone.
4. Then, go to your phone setting and set location sharing to ‘Always’, to give the app permission to access your location.
5. Now, you have to register yourself. Click on ‘Register’ then click the ‘I Agree’ button.
6. You have to enter your mobile number, and then you will receive an OTP. Enter the OTP, and you will be registered.
7. Now you can use the app.
8. Take self-assessment test, read guidelines and preventive measures, determine risk factor etc.
How To Check COVID-19 Symptoms?
To know if the virus infects you or not, you should follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Open the Aarogya Setu app and click on the ‘Self-Assessment’ button.
2. You have to enter your age and gender.
3. Now, you will be asked if you are having any symptoms such as fever, cough or difficulty in breathing.
4. Then you will be asked if you have any disease such as heart disease, diabetes, lung disease or hypertension.
5. Then you have to enter your travel history in the last 14 days.
6. You will be asked various questions such as if you ever lived with a COVID-19 patient if you are a health worker etc.
7. Once you are done answering the questions, the app will tell you if you are safe or not.
Frequnetly Asked Questions
Q. What is Aarogya Setu app?
Aarogya Setu is a COVID-19 tracker app.
Q. With whom my data is shared?
The data of the user is shared with the Government of India.
Q. How does Aarogya Setu app work?
AarogyaSetu track coronavirus infected people and places.
Q. Who launched Aarogya Setu app?
Government of India.
Q. Is AarogyaSetu app beneficial?