TN Chief Minister Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme (CMCHIS)
The Chief Minister comprehensive health insurance scheme (CMCHIS) is also known as the Amma Health Insurance scheme, which is designed for low-income families that have low annual income. With the help of the Chief Minister's comprehensive health insurance scheme (CMCHIS), they do not have to go through a financial problem at the time of a medicinal emergency. This scheme was launched by the Tamil Nadu CM to offer coverage to the entire family with the help of cashless amenities.
Amma health insurance plan can provide financial aid when a medical emergency comes. With the help of this health insurance plan, a candidate can avail the following coverage:
Under this scheme, the cost of getting treatment at an empanelled hospital is covered. The procedure will be provided to the beneficiary that is specified in the list of allowed medical process under Amma Health Insurance.
The hospitalization cost takes up a large portion of money during a medical emergency. A person has to pay a large amount of money to get treatment for any serious diseases. A significant amount of money is required for analytic tests. These procedures are covered under the plan, so the patient and his family do not need to pay any cost for treatment.
There are many health insurance plans are ongoing in India, but no plan cover follow-up treatments. But under the Amma Kapitu Thittam scheme, this coverage is also offered. This can reduce the burden of medical treatment very much.
There are main key Features of Chief Minister Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme mentioned below:
Amma health insurance is known as a family-floater type of health insurance plan. All the members of the family of a person who is eligible for the scheme can avail health insurance benefits under this plan. The person does not need to worry about the cost of treatment as well as about future medical emergencies because almost all the procedures are covered under the TN CM Insurance Scheme.
The person who is eligible for this scheme does not have to pay any money while availing treatment at an empanelled hospital under this health insurance plan. This is the primary benefit a person can get from any plan as he or she does not have to think about how to arrange money for treatment. The patient's family members just have to focus their attention on the well-being of the patient.
Frequent Heath Camps
The hospitals that are empanelled under this plan are instructed to organize health camps at least once a month. Through this, the beneficiaries will be able to get free check-ups and follow-up treatments frequently.
Coverage for Sri Lankan refugees
Under Amma Health Insurance, there is no restriction on the income of a Sri Lankan refugee to enrol. He or she can avail seamless healthcare at the desired centre.
An active call centre has been established by the government to answer various queries as well as questions regarding Amma Health Insurance. If the person faces any problem related to the health insurance plan being offered, they can easily search for a solution.
Benefits of Amma Health Insurance
There are a lot of benefits provided by the Amma Health Insurance scheme. The benefits that can be availed by the beneficiaries are mentioned below:
Medical Emergencies Coverage
There are a lot of families in India who are not financially prepared to face a medical emergency due to the increasing costs of healthcare treatments in the country. The Amma Health Insurance plan will be able to solve all the problems of these families quickly. As we can say, this health insurance plan is the best step taken by the TN government towards eliminating this hurdle as well as giving access to high-end medical treatments to needy families in the country.
A Huge Number of Network Hospitals
There a large number of hospitals that are empanelled to give service under Amma Health Insurance. This scheme is the best scheme for those people who are not able to reach the medical facility faster. This scheme can ensure treatment at the right time in an emergency condition.
Multiple Treatments Are Covered
Various treatments are offered under Amma Health Insurance. This plan can reduce the chances of beneficiaries to pay money from their pocket. The beneficiary can get any treatment free of cost that is covered under the policy of this scheme.
High Sum Insured
Chief Minister of Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme provides high coverage of 5 lakh rupees every year to each family. This amount of sum insured seems enough to get most of the minor health treatments.
There are a lot of health insurance plans in India that do not provide coverage for follow-up treatments or diagnostic procedures. But these follow-up treatments or diagnostic procedures are also covered under Amma Health Insurance. The beneficiary does not need to spend extra money on carrying out follow-up treatments as well as diagnostic procedures.
Eligibility Criteria for CM's Health Insurance Scheme
The Chief Minister's Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme is launched for low-income families that are not able to receive the required health care facilities that a person needs. A person who wants to get enrolled under this plan to get the benefits has to fulfil the eligibility criteria. The details about the eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
- The family must be residents of Tamil Nadu state to register under this scheme.
- The annual income should be not higher than Rs.72,000/-.
- The member must be included in the ration card of the family.
- The candidate who is from Sri Lanka refugees must provide proof of citizenship.
- Migrants who are from any other Indian states who carry migration certificates from the appropriate authority if they should be living in Tamil Nadu for at least six months can also apply for this scheme.
- The girls that are orphans or rescued from any registered or unregistered organization are also eligible for this scheme.
The candidates have to submit some required documents to complete the registration process under this health insurance plan. The list of documents that are required for the CM's health insurance policy mentioned below:
- The candidates have to submit the Income Certificate.
- A copy of Ration Card and original
- Self-declaration from the head of the family
The candidate should also carry the following documents at the time of enrollment.
- Proof of identity
- Address proof
- Aadhaar card
- Pan card
The Registration Process
Getting enrolled under the Chief Minister's Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme process is very simple. The candidate can complete the entire process very fast if he or she fulfils all the requirements of the plan. The steps to get enrolled under this plan are mentioned below:
1. At first, the candidate has to get an income certificate from the Village Administrative Officer or Revenue authorities.
2. You should have to carry all the required documents to the enrollment centre.
3. The candidates have to verify all the documents by the kiosk operator.
4. After this, you should have to provide your biometric details like fingerprints, photographs, eye scan, etc.
5. You will be issued your e-card after verification and biometric scanning.
Link an Aadhaar Card with a URN
Sometimes the beneficiary faces the problem of linking the Aadhaar card to the provided URN at the time of enrollment. This is not a significant issue because it can be solved by a simple process that is mentioned below:
1. First, you have to visit CMCHIS official website.
2. After visiting the official website, click on the Beneficiary.
3. After this, you should click on the LINK AADHAAR to URN.
4. You will move to the next page now you have to enter the URN number in the box.
5. After entering click on the checkbox to select the option for linking your Aadhaar card to URN.
6. After this click on the Enroll now option.
7. Now you have to choose the family member from the list of beneficiaries.
8. After this, you have to enter the mobile number that is linked to the Aadhaar card of that family member.
9. Now Enter your Aadhaar Number and Click on the Submit button.
10. Now you will get an OTP on your registered mobile number and enter the received OTP.
11. After successful registration, you will get a message that states "Your Aadhaar number registered successfully."
12. If you are already linked to an Aadhaar number, then you will get a message like "Already Registered."
Period Covered and Maximum Limit
The policyholder needs to get the policy renewed after one year for the Amma Health Insurance scheme. The maximum limit of the financial support provided under this health insurance plan is 5 lakh rupees. All the family members of the registered applicant can get treatments under this scheme that are covered under the policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the main motive of this insurance health plan?
The plan was launched to provide medical treatments to needy families and to those people who are not able to bear the expense of treatment.
Q: Which family members can enrol under the Chief Minister's Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme?
The following members of a family whose annual income is less than 72 thousand rupees can enrol under this scheme:
Head of the family
Children of the eligible person
Q: Are repayments claims allowed under Amma Health Insurance?
No, only cashless claims can avail at an empanelled hospital. This will help to reduce the financial burden on the beneficiary of the health insurance plan.
Q: What if the head of the family cannot be able to present at the time of enrollment?
If the head of the family is not able to present at the time of enrollment, then the spouse is considered as the head. The enrollment process is still approved for all family members present.
Q: Dental treatments are included in CMCHIS or not?
Yes, there are various types of dental treatments that are covered under CMCHIS. The dental process comes under outpatient treatments.
Q: Is abdominal hysterectomy covered under CMCHIS?
Yes, a beneficiary of the Amma Health Insurance plan can endure abdominal hysterectomy for both benign as well as malignant conditions. The entire cost is covered under the plan.
Q: Do coverage limits differ for unstable treatments?
Yes, there are special package rates for each type of surgical medical treatment, diagnostic treatment, as well as follow-up procedures.
Q: Can grandchildren be also covered under the scheme?
No, coverage is accessible only for dependent children. Grandchildren cannot be able to get benefits under the Chief Minister's insurance scheme.