Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana
DeenDayalUpadhyayaGramJyotiYojana is designed to fulfill the needs of a continuous power supply in all the rural areas of the country. This scheme was inaugurated under the leadership of PM Narendra Modi announced in November 2014 to provide the electricity supply in entire rural areas.
In this yojana, PM clarified that all villages will be electrified within 1000 days by May 1, 2018. This yojana will provide a power supply to 18,452 unelectrified villages. This initiative was taken by the government of India and the flagship programs of the ministry of India.
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya gram Jyoti Yojana has helped them in electricity supply for the growth and development of the villages. It will help rural households to avail all the necessary availability of developments for the country.
Major components of the scheme:-
- In this, the divergence of agriculture and non-agriculture affluents will facilitate judiciously the supply of electricity to agriculture and non-agriculture customers in rural areas.
- In rural areas, micro-grid and off-grid distribution of electricity projects are also sanctioned under this scheme.
- Sub transmission and the distribution of infrastructure in villages also take place. It also includes the metering of the number of transforms, feeders, and consumers.
Some of the silent feature of the scheme:-
- The existing scheme Rajiv Gandhi Grameen vidyutikaran yojana has been converted into Deen Dayal Upadhyaya gram Jyoti yojana.
- Under this scheme, all the discoms will be eligible for financial assistance.
- Rural Electricity Corporation limited will become a nodal agency to implement this scheme.
Budgetary support of the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya gram Jyoti Yojana:-
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya gram Jyoti yojana involves the investment of approx Rs. 43,033 crore. It also entails expecting budgetary support from the government of India during the entire implementation of the scheme. All discoms will be comprised of private discoms and state power of the department which will be entitled to the financial assistance under this scheme.
Discoms will provide strength to the rural infrastructure work, it will be considered the particular system requirements for the detailed project reports and these reports will showcase under the scheme. It will also furnish the monthly report of the implementation of the yojana to both financial and physical advancement to the ministry of power and central electricity authority.
Objectives of deen fatal Upadhyaya gram Jyoti yojana:-
- To provide the power supply to all villages.
- Provide sufficient supply to farmers and regular supply to the daily customer.
- Restoration of sub-transmission and distribution of the network to improve the quality and quantity of the power supply.
Surveying committee of the scheme:-
The chairmanship of the secretary will be a monitoring committee to approve the projects of power supply and also monitor the execution of the yojana. A tripartite agreement will also be signed between the rural specification corporation and the state government and the discoms to ensure all the guidelines must be followed and prescribed under the yojana.
The bipartite agreement was also enforced in the case of the state power department under this scheme.
- Under this scheme, all villages and households will provide the electricity supply.
- It also helps increase agriculture yield and work.
- Small business and household business will help to grow and resulting in new avenues for employment.
- It seeks new formation in health department, education and banking services.
- Improvements in networks of telephones, radio, television and internet and mobile.
- Availability of electricity will help to improve the social security of the villages.
- Power supply accessibility in schools, colleges, panchayats, hospitals, and police station
- Rural areas will get more opportunities for their comprehensive development.
Implementation of the scheme:-
Power supply projects are carried out on a turn-key basis. In this turn, key contracts are rewarded after carrying out open competitive bidding procedures on a fixed price basis. The project has been awarded after the 3 months of the implementation by the date of communication of the authorization by the monitoring committee.
An overview of the scheme:-
It generally a known fact the power supply of our will continue rise every year. The demand is increasing day by day due to a broadening in the population of the country. The old techniques of power generation and supply are getting ancient and it also doesn't meet the today demand of the supply.
So, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya gram Jyoti Yojana has launched by the government of India to fulfill the insufficient power supply in rural areas. Generally, the distribution often cuts the power for a longer period which affects both agro and non-agriculture customers due to power shortage. This scheme also takes another important factor into the consideration of growing demand for electricity which improves the living standards of the rural people.
So, sub-transmission is another key factor to focus on the quantity of power supply in villages. Thus, the government of India is aiming to extent large investments in this project which will help to ensure strengthen quality and reliability of the supply. The strength of the sub-transmission system will surely ensure minimizing loops in the entire transmission line. It results to help rural areas to have a sufficient power supply in the village.
Financial provisions of the scheme:-
Under this scheme, an outlay has a budget of Rs76000 Crore for the implementation of the project of power supply. Under which government of India will grant the budget of Rs63000 Crore in this project.
Frequently asked question
Q. What is the full form of DDUGJY?
A. The full form of ddugjy is deen Dayal Upadhyaya gram Jyoti yojana.
Q. When Deen Dayal Upadhyaya gram Jyoti yojana was launched?
A. The scheme was launched by PM Narendra Modi in November 2014.
Q. What was the objective of the scheme?
A. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya gram Jyoti yojana is to provide a continuous supply of electricity in all rural areas.
Q. Under which ministry the scheme is flagship?
A. This scheme is one of the flagship programs of the power minister to provide the 24/7 supper of electricity to all rural areas.
Q. What is the main aim of the scheme?
A. The main purpose of this scheme is to provide a sufficient supply of power to all rural areas of the country.