Delhi Ladli Yojana
The Government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi has inaugurated this scheme for the protection of girl children.
This scheme is aimed at improving the status in the society of girl children in the community as well as providing them with proper education for them so that they can be self-dependent and can be economically secure and also protecting them from societal bias and prejudice.
This scheme was imposed in Delhi on 1st January 2008.
Objectives of Delhi Ladli Scheme
To empower the girl child socially and make them financially secured
To promote the registration of birth of a girl child.
To control female foeticide and improve the mentality of people in rural areas related to the birth of a girl child.
To end discrimination and prejudice against the girl child.
To promote education among the girls and reduce the rate at which girls drop out of school
To assist girl students for their higher education.
Benefits available to girl children in Delhi Ladli scheme
When the girl child is delivered at a hospital (for a girl child born on or after 1st January 2008) - Rupees eleven thousand
When the girl child is delivered at home (for a girl kid born on or after 1st January 2008)- Rupees ten thousand
When the girl child is admitted to 1st standard, she will be given rupees five thousand
When the girl child is admitted to 6th standard, she will be given
When the girl child is admitted to 9th standard, she will be given five thousand
When the girl passes 10th grade, she will be given five thousand
When the girl is admitted in 12th standard, she will be given five thousand
Key features of the scheme
- The department of women and child development appreciates the support of the education ministry, MCD, and NDMC in the implementation of this scheme.
- The funds of this scheme are managed by The State Bank Life Insurance Co. Ltd. (SBIL).
- Only two girl children in a family can have access to financial benefits under this scheme.
- The amount given to each girl child will be dependent on the time at which the girl child is enrolled in this scheme.
- The family applying for this scheme should have been living in Delhi for 3 years before applying for this scheme.
- The girl child should have been born in Delhi.
- The school in which the girl child studies should be recognized by the Delhi government.
Delhi Ladli Yojana budget for 2021
The Delhi government has approved a budget of a whopping 100 crores for this scheme in 2021. School-going girls are benefited from this scheme and are encouraged to continue their studies.
This scheme was enforced by the department of Women and Child Development in 2008 to improve girls' education, decrease the rate at which girls drop out of schools, and make them financially secured.
The Delhi government chaired by Mr.Arvind Kejriwal issued a grant of Rs.76 crores for students coming from Scheduled caste/Scheduled tribes/Other below caste Categories. They would also provide funds for subsidies and appliances to help children with special needs and libraries in Delhi government schools will also be expanded.
How to register and fill up the application form regarding the Scheme of Delhi Ladli Yojana
For getting registered, the applicant should analyse the eligibility test and analyse whether they're applicable for the policy or not, and if they're eligible then they can stop in the authorized site of the scheme Delhi Ladli Yojana.
From the homepage of the website http://www.wcddel.in/, there would be a pop-up page on which all the necessary details should get filled up like the name of the user, age, citizenship, mobile number, email address, caste, etc. After filling up these details the system would send the verification code to the mentioned mobile number through the message to continue. After stating that code on the website, a username and a password would be allotted to the applicant and after this, their username would get registered.
- If the applicant is eligible then he/she can go forward and up the application form. To fill it up, the applicant needs to again visit the authorized site of the Delhi Ladli Yojana Policy. From the cover page of the scheme, the user needs to log in through their registered username id and password.
- After logging in, the user can check up on the page and read out the eligibility criteria or guidelines to cross-check it.
- To access and get enrolled in the scheme, the user should fill up the application form.
- On the home page, on the top right corner, there would be an option with a symbol of three dots. From that option, the application form would get opened then it needs to be downloaded.
- After getting it downloaded the form needs to be printed out from any nearby print shop for filling up the details.
- After filling up the details, the form should be scanned and then it can be submitted on the website or mail it on the authorized mail id of the scheme.
If the applicant wishes to fill the application form through the offline mode, then he/she can visit any nearby government scheme-orientated ed department. From there, they would get a hard copy of the form from the government clerk present there.
The form then needs to be filled with all the crucial details and then it should be handed out along with the necessary documents.
1) Necessary documents should be also attached while submitting the form.
2)www.wcddel.in is the official site of the Delhi Ladli Yojana Scheme.
Procedure for application in schools
Step 1 - Firstly the in charge of Delhi ladli scheme will provide you detailed information related to this scheme.
Step 2 - Now applications will be distributed to all the people interested in availing the benefits of this scheme by the in-charge of the ladli.
Step 3 - Now the people who are interested in availing the benefits of this scheme will have to fill out the form distributed by the ladli in charge and attach all the documents required with it.
Step 4 - Then the principal of the school will be checked on by the in-charge of the ladli scheme.
Step 5 - Now the form will be submitted to the district office.
Step 6 - The form will now be verified in the district office.
Step 7 - Now if there are any mistakes or errors in the application form those should be corrected.
Step 8 - The application form will be sent to State Bank of India Limited after this.
The registration can be done for schools by following the above steps.
The process to renew the Delhi Ladli scheme through school
Step 1 - Ladli in charge will provide the complete and detailed information related to this.
Step 2 - Now renewal forms will be distributed by the in-charge.
Step 3 - After submission of these forms, they will be provided to the principal of the school.
Step 4 - These applications will be thoroughly checked and verified by the school principal.
Step 5 - Now the applications will be provided to the district office address of which will be provided on the official website.
Step 6 - Applications will now be verified and checked at the district office.
Step 7 - Any mistakes or errors in the forms should be corrected.
Step 8 - The application form will now be sent to State Bank of India Limited.
That's how you can renew your enrollment in this scheme.
The process to know your application status under the Delhi Ladli scheme
Step 1 - Visit the official site of the department of women and child development http://www.wcddel.in/.
Step 2 - Click on the Delhi Ladli scheme option available on the homepage.
Step 3 - Now on this page there will be an option available to know the status of applications under the ladli scheme-2008.
Step 4 - Now enter the required information on this page such as policy number, group member ID, member DOB, and captcha code.
Step 5 - After that click on the submit button.
Step 6 - Now you can see the status of the application on your screen.
That's how you can check the status of your application under the Delhi Ladli scheme.
How to claim the matured amount under the Delhi Ladli scheme
- The girls can file a claim for the matured amount if they have reached the age of 18 years or passed the 10th standard or 12th standard.
- An acknowledgement letter from SBIL along with the application is required to file by the students along with residential address, mark sheet of 10th or 12th standard (whichever is applicable), a copy of the bank passbook in which account and mobile number are shown.
- A savings account is required to be opened by the girls who will avail the benefits of this scheme with the state bank of India by showing the letter received from the bank.
- Now the money is transferred to the unique ID number of the girl beneficiary child, by the state bank of India.
When should you claim the matured amount?
Till the time the girl is 18 years old and passes 10th-grade examinations or takes admission in 12th standard the amount in her account is managed by the SBI life insurance company.
After reaching this stage the girl can claim and withdraw the matured amount.
This money can be used in higher education of the girl or learning a job oriented or vocational skill or training or setting up a small business.
Documents required to enroll for the Delhi Ladli scheme
Passport size photograph
Residence proof for criteria before registration
A certificate showing income /attested document depicting the annual income of the family.
Certificate of the birth of girl child issued by authorities
A photograph of parents with the child
Bank account pass of the book
A photocopy of the Aadhar card of each member of the family
Eligibility criteria for enrolling in the scheme of the Delhi Ladli Yojana
To get eligible for the scheme, the individual should fit into certain criteria. And the individual passed the eligibility test then he/she can go ahead and avail of the scheme's benefits.
- To be eligible, the first requirement for the applicant should be that he/she should be a roof responsible and innocent resident of the city only for at least 3 years before the birth of the girl child as the is scheme has been launched by the Delhi administration and is limited up to its area only.
- The second requirement which is stated under the scheme's guidelines is that the girl child should be born in the National Capital Territory of Delhi as shown by the birth certificate issued by the registrar (MCD/NDToll-Free third prerequisite is that the annual income of the family should not be above Rs.1 lakh.
- The fourth regulation is that if the girl child goes to a school, then her school must be recognized by the Delhi government or MCD or NDMC.
- The fifth criterion in this scheme is that the benefit of this scheme is limited to 2 girls per family.
Q1. Can someone whose family income is just a little bit above Rs. 1 lakh avail of the benefits of this scheme.
Answer- No, the benefits under this scheme can only be availed by people whose family income does not exceed Rs. 1 lakh.
Q2. If someone has 3 daughters can all of them avail the benefits of this scheme?
Answer- No, as per the guidelines of Delhi Ladli Yojana the benefit of this scheme can only be availed by two surviving girls of the family.
Q3. If a girl registers after 6th standard, can she avail of the benefits she could have if she enrolled in the scheme before?
Answer- No, according to the guidelines of the Delhi Ladli Scheme the benefits to the girl child will be dependent on the time when she is registered for the scheme.