Delhi Ration Card 2020 - Types, Eligibility Criteria, How to Apply and Download
Ration card is an official document which helps in getting food items and other essential commodities at a lower price. This ration card is usually provided to needy families. They get the food items and other necessities from a ration store by showing the card. The ration card is also an identification proof like aadhar card, PAN card etc. Every State of India has the ration card system, and the state government itself issues the ration cards.
As the country is in lockdown because of the on-going situation, the Delhi Government has decided to provide temporary ration cards to the citizens of Delhi. The ration cards will be issued by the Department of Food, Supplies and Consumer Affairs. The Delhi Government takes this step because many people are facing difficulties as their income has stopped. A lot of them can’t afford to buy high priced food items and other necessities, so to give them relief, the government has started this temporary ration card system. The main aim of introducing temporary ration card was to eliminate the old ration card system.
To know more in details about Delhi ration cards in 2020, please read this article till the end.
Department of Food, Supplies and Consumer Affairs
Online and Offline
Types of Ration Cards
There are different types of ration cards which are mentioned below:
- APL - Above Poverty Line (APL) ration cards whare issued to those families who are living above the poverty line. In this scheme, the Delhi Government will not provide them with food items and other necessities at a subsidized price.
- BPL - Below Poverty Line (BPL) ration cards are issued to those families who are living below the poverty line. In this scheme, the Delhi Government will provide them with food items and other necessities at a lower price.
- AAY - Antyodaya ration cards are issued to the most impoverished families. The government of Delhi will provide them with all the necessities at a very reasonable price.
- AY - Annapurna Yojana ration cards are issued to those people who are over the age of 65 years and don’t have any source of income. They will be provided 10 kg of food grains for free.
Eligibility Criteria for New Delhi Ration Card
- Those who want to apply for a new ration card must fulfil the following conditions:
- You have to be a permanent citizen of Delhi for applying for a new ration card.
- If you want to apply for a new ration card, you must not possess an old one.
- You have to provide an income statement if you are applying for APL and BPL ration card.
- If you had got married recently, you need to apply for a new ration card.
- You can apply for Annapurna Yojana if you are a senior citizen neither have any source of income nor get any kind of pension under central and state government.
Documents Required for New Delhi Ration Card
The documents required for applying for a new ration card are as follows:
- In both online and offline, the applicant has to submit passport-sized photos of all the family members.
- The applicant has to submit residential proof such as telephone bill, house rent receipt, electricity bill and bank passbook.
- If the applicant doesn’t have permanent residential proof, then their application will be approved after the verification by the circle officer by taking into consideration the statement from two neighbours. The ration card will be issued within 15 days.
How to Track Delhi E-Ration Card Status?
The applicants can check their e-ration card status in the following steps:
1. Visit the official website of Department of Food, Supplies and Consumer Affairs by clicking the link https://nfs.delhi.gov.in/
2. The homepage will appear on the right-hand side corner you will see ‘Citizen’s Corner’ section there you will find the option ‘Track Food Security Application’. Click it.
3. After clicking on it, a new page will open where you have to enter the required details such as aadhar card number, NFS application ID/Online citizen ID, new ration card and old ration card number.
4. After filling all the details, click on the ‘Search’ button and the ration card application status page will appear.
Apply for New Ration Card
You can apply for a new ration card through both online and offline modes.
You should follow the following steps for applying for a new ration card:
1. At first, visit the official website of the government of Delhi, i.e., www.delh.gov.in.
2. The homepage will appear there you will see an option ‘Apply for Temporary Ration Coupon’. Click it.
3. Then, ‘How to get Ration with e-coupon’ page will appear where down below you will see to continue a ‘Click Here’ option. Click on it.
4. A new page will appear where you have to login in by entering your mobile number.
5. Then, an OTP will be generated. Type-in the OTP and click on ‘submit’ button.
6. A page will open where you will see ‘submit a new application’ button down below, click on it.
7. Now, an application form will appear where you have to enter all the relevant details and upload all the necessary documents.
8. Then click on the ‘proceed’ button. You will get an application number, note it down somewhere.
9. Don’t forget to take a print out of the ration card application form.
If you want to apply through offline mode, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. First, visit the official website for Delhi ration card, i.e., https://ration.jantasamvad.org/ration/.
2. Take a print out of the ration card application form and start filling it up.
3. Enter all the relevant details and attach all the necessary documents.
4. Then, submit the application form.
5. You will get an application number to save it for future references.
How to Download the Delhi E-Ration Card?
To download the e-ration card applicants have to follow the steps mentioned below:
1. First, visit the official website of the Department of Food, Supplies and Consumer Affairs, i.e., www.nfs.delhi.gov.in.
2. The homepage will open where you will see ‘Citizen Corner’ section under which you will see an option ‘Get e-ration card’. Click it.
3. Then enter all the relevant details such as ration card number, head of the family, aadhar card number, date of birth, registered mobile number etc.
4. After filling in all the details, click on the ‘submit’ button and download your e-ration card.
Benefits of Ration Card
The benefits of ration card holders are as follows:
- The ration cardholders will get food items and other essential commodities at a subsidized price.
- Ration card is also an identification proof which may be needed for other central and state government schemes.
- Ration card helps the poor people to maintain the living standards.
Modification in New Ration Card
If there’s any kind of error occurred while filling the new ration card application form, the applicant can report for grievance. They have to follow the steps mentioned below:
1. First, visit the official website of the Department of Food, Supplies and Consumer Affairs by clicking the link www.nfs.delhi.gov.in.
2. The homepage will open where you will see ‘Grievance Redressal’ option. Click it.
3. You will be redirected to the grievance page where you have to click on ‘lodge your grievance’ option.
4. Now, you have to enter all the relevant details such as name, mobile number, email id, address, panchayat and village name, grievance category etc.
5. You also have to explain the whole issue in details.
6. After entering all the details, click on the ‘submit’ button.
7. Later, a complaint number will be generated which you can use to view the grievance status.
Department of Food, Supplies and Consumer Affairs
011 – 23378759
1800 – 11 – 0841
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How long does it take to create a ration card?
It takes around 15 days to create a ration card.
Q. What documents are needed for a ration card?
Identification proof, residential proof and a passport-sized photo.
Q. Where can I apply for a new ration card 2020?
You have to visit this link.
Q. Is ration card mandatory?
No, it’s not compulsory to possess a ration card.
Q. What will happen if someone doesn’t have a ration card?
If you don’t have a ration card then won’t be able to get food items and other essential commodities in subsidized price.
Q. What is NFS card?
NFS card is given to the eldest female member of the family.
Q. What is the full form of APL?
APL stands for Above Poverty Line.
Q. What is the full form of BPL?
BPL stands for Below Poverty Line.
Q. What is a ration shop?
Ration shops are shops where food items and essential commodities are sold to the ration cardholders at a lower price.
Q. What is the other name of ration shops?
Ration shops are also known as fair price shops.