Kisan credit card status
- Indian banks started the Kisan Credit Card scheme in August 1998 and have been helping the farmers since then. The government of India supported this to boost the agricultural sector of India. Also, the government provides financial assistance to the farmers through the Kisan credit card scheme. Now that everything has been digitized, farmers can apply online and check their KCC Status 2021 too. KCC Status Check 2021 is available here on pm kisan.gov.in. If you have already applied for the PM Kisan Credit Card Loan Facility, then you should know the process to check PM Kisan KCC Application Status Online.
- The main idea behind the Kisan Credit Card scheme was to support the farmers financially in promoting agriculture, animal husbandry, and fisheries. NABARD was the main authority behind the creation of the model scheme. The authorities intended to provide the farmers with term loans for their needs (agricultural). With the help of the Kisan Credit Card Scheme, the authorities wish to meet the comprehensive credit requirements of the farmers. Then, the authorities added fisheries and animal husbandry in the scheme to further boost the development.
PM Kisan Credit Card Status
In the scheme, the government includes all commercial banks, state cooperative banks, and regional rural banks. Through the scheme, the farmers get credit limits for crops and term loans. Furthermore, the farmers receive accident insurance in case of disability and death. In addition to this, the scheme has many other benefits for the farmers.
What is the KCC Scheme
In an attempt to assist farmers of the country financially, the Government of India launched the Kisan Credit Card (KCC) Scheme in 1998. Also known as the PM Kisan Credit Card Yojana, the scheme was created by NABARD (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development) to provide farmers with short-term formal credit in the form of a loan should they need it. The easy access and the lower interest rate of this type of loan aims to ensure that the credit requirements of farmers in different sectors such as agriculture, fisheries, and animal husbandry are met without any hiccups. However, to avail of this scheme and apply for a KCC loan, having a KCC credit card is a must.
What is a Kisan Credit Card
Borrowing from the unorganized sector usually attracts high interest on the borrowed sum. To protect farmers from this unwarranted pressure, the PM Kisan credit card was launched. The special credit card under the KCC scheme allows farmers to borrow funds against a 4 percent interest rate on average. In some cases, the rate can also be as low as 2 percent. That’s not all, the repayment period for the loan on the Kisan credit card too is flexible as it can begin after the produce is harvested.
What are the Kisan Credit Card Benefits?
The features and benefits of availing a card under the PM Kisan Credit Card Yojana are listed below-
Farmers in agriculture, as well as other allied activities, can avail of the Kisan Loan Yojana
The PM Kisan loan amount varies from bank to bank and may go up to ₹3 lakh in some cases
The disbursement process for the Kisan credit loan is hassle-free and quick
The PM KCC loan repayment procedure is flexible and can be done post the harvest season
Under the PM Kisan Loan Yojana, you receive discounts as well as assistance when it comes to purchasing fertilizers, seeds, etc.
Most banks do not require you to provide collateral if the Kisan credit card loan amount is within ₹ 1.60 lakh
The interest rate, which is 4 percent on average, may from bank to bank and can go as low as 2 percent
Further discount on interest charged against loan on Kisan credit card may be offered based on the repayment history and credit history
The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Credit Card provides up to ₹50,000 as insurance coverage against permanent disability or death
For other risks, the insurance cover offered under the Kisan Credit Yojana is ₹25,000
Other fees levied such as processing fees, premium against insurance, mortgage charges, etc. varies from bank to bank
The Kisan credit card loan is provided for meeting post-harvest expenses too
You can apply for a PM Kisan credit card online as well as offline. There are several banks in India, such as Axis Bank, State Bank of India, HDFC Bank, etc., that offer you the benefits of the PM Kisan Credit Card Yojana. You can browse the KCC credit card list and study the different features and benefits offered by each card. Once you have made up your mind, you can understand the Kisan credit card application process and apply for a credit card for yourself.
PM Kisan Credit Card Loan Status Check 2021
- As mentioned above, the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development implemented the Kisan Credit Card scheme, along with the Reserve Bank of India. With the help of this scheme, the farmer can avail of loans from the government with the lowest interest rates. Also, after the KCC scheme, the government has launched many other schemes to benefit the farmers.
- In this post, we shall tell you the basic eligibility required and the process to check the PM Kisan Credit Card Application Status on the website. Thus, if someone has not applied for the scheme yet, he can do so after reading the post. Also, if you are reading this and know someone who can benefit from the scheme, you can share the information with them. Therefore, read the information given here carefully and read the other post on KCC to know more.
PM Kisan Credit Card Scheme Application Status
Other than the basic benefits that we provided above, the government has brought some add-ons to the scheme. These are stated below.
During the pandemic, when the virus has affected the rural areas badly too, the government has decided to extend the EMI Moratorium on Credit Cards and Loans till 31st August 2021.
Secondly, if a farmer is unable to pay the price because of the lockdown, he may wish not to pay the payment for the period. Also, the farmers can contact the banks in case of doubts and issues. The government has not made the payment mandatory, it depends on the farmer’s situation.
Principal or interest component
Credit Card Statement
Equated Monthly Installment (EMI)
The farmer applicant needs to be an Indian resident.
He should have cultivable land.
All those people who deal with agricultural activities and allied activities can also apply for KCC.
The applicants have to be from 18 years to 75 years.
All the farmers who are above 60 years of age, must have co-applicants.
Other than this, tenant farmers, shared croppers, and oral leases of cultivable lands can apply too.
Moreover, joint liability groups and self-help groups of sharecroppers will also be able to apply for KCC.
Reason for No Response from the Server API
Now, there are three major reasons why you will see no response from server API:
All PM KCC applications are not being accepted in the district from where you applied.
Your bank with which the account is not accepting any online applications for Kisan credit cards.
The PM farmer database has not been merged with the PM KCC database.
To provide timely and adequate credit to farmers to meet their production credit needs (cultivation expenses) besides meeting contingency expenses and expenses related to ancillary activities through simplified procedure facilitating the borrowers for availing loans as and when they need
RKCC will be like a revolving cash credit account. Credit balance in the account, if any, will fetch interest at Savings bank rate.
Tenure:5 years, with a 10% annual increase of limit every year, subject to annual review.
Interest Subvention:3% interest subvention for prompt borrowers up to Rs. 3.00 lacs
Repayment: The repayment period as per the crop period (Short/ Long) and marketing period for the crop.
KCC borrowers below 70 years of age are covered under Personal Accident Insurance Scheme (PAIS)
Eligible crops are covered under PRADHAN MANTRI FASAL BIMA YOJNA (PMFBY).
Up to Rs. 3.00 Lacs – 7%
Above Rs. 3.00 Lacs - As applicable from time to time
RuPay cards for all eligible KCC borrowers
Accidental insurance of Rs.1.00 lakh for Rupay Cards holder if the card is activated once in 45 days.
- When you apply for a Kisan credit card, you will be given a slip given by the Common Service Center. If you want to check the status of your Kisan credit card application, you will need the reference number and/or the application ID, which will be found on the slip.
- Keep in mind that you can track the status of your credit card application only after 6 to 7 days of having applied for the card.
Questions and Answers
How to Check your Credit Card Application via Kisan Credit Card Website?
Step 1: Go to the CSC PM KCC Portal, by visiting the website, https://eseva.csccloud.in/KCC/Default.aspx.
Step 2: Now, log into the portal using your CSC ID and the password.
Step 3: Select ‘View Status’.
Step 4: You will be redirected to a new page where you need to enter your Kisan credit card application ID.
Step 5: Now, you will be able to see the PM KCC Application Status will come in front of you.
How to know the KCC Application Status Check 2021?
Now that you know the benefits of the scheme, you can proceed to other important processes. Also, if you wish to know the process of application, you can read the other post on the KCC application on our portal. Then, follow the below-mentioned steps for checking your PM Kisan Credit Card Application Status.
Go to the PM Kisan Credit Card website, i.e. pmkisan.gov.in for the Status Check.
There, you will find a login portal where you have to provide your details.
Then, enter the CSC ID and the password that you have from registration.
Now, click on the View PM Kisan Credit Card Status Online option.
As soon as you click on the PM Kisan KCC Status Online option, you have to enter the KCC application ID.
Now finally, the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Credit Card status of the application will be available to you.