PMAYG Beneficiary Details
- If you have applied for the benefits under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, you must be aware of how the entire process has moved online. This has made the procedure transparent and efficient. Through the online system, applicants can now track their applications and check the beneficiary list online for urban and rural areas. Here is a step-by-step guide to check the PMAY beneficiary list.
- If you are looking at buying a house under the government's Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY), you can consider buying it under the Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS). The date to avail the subsidy benefit for those falling under the EWS and LIG categories has been extended to March 31, 2022, while the deadline for those in the MIG-I and MIG-II categories expired on March 31, 2021. Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) for ensuring housing for all in urban areas was launched on June 25, 2015, providing pucca houses to all eligible beneficiaries by 2022.
What is Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS)?
- The Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) for Middle Income Groups (MIG), MIG I, and MIG II, was initially approved for implementation for the year 2017. The scheme extended up to March 2020 for the first time and then the government, on May 14, 2020, announced the further extension of the deadline for the affordable housing CLSS scheme for one year, that is, till March 2021.
- The subsidy benefits for MIG-I and MIG-II benefits for MIG-I and MIG-II categories ended on March 31, 2021. While the benefits were extended for EWS and LIG categories till March 31, 2022, it is yet to be extended for MIG-I and MIG-II categories. Under the scheme, the interest subsidy up to 2.67 lakh per house is admissible for beneficiaries of Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and Low Income Group (LIG).
Who are all eligible under the PMAY scheme?
- The scheme is primarily aimed at providing housing for all. Therefore, understandably, all those who already own a home or any of their family member own a home, are kept out of the benefits of PMAY. The rule says, "The beneficiary family should not own a pucca house and the beneficiary family should not have availed of central assistance under any housing scheme from Government of India." A beneficiary family will comprise of husband, wife, unmarried sons, and/or unmarried daughters.
- To avoid duplication, beneficiary family members have to provide their Aadhaar numbers while applying for the loan. But, as per the guidelines, "An adult earning member (irrespective of marital status) can be treated as a separate household, provided that he/she does not own a pucca (an all-weather dwelling unit) house in his / her name in any part of India." So, even if children (married or unmarried) are staying with their parents (or on rent, in the same or another city), they can opt for PMAY provided they are earning and don't own any other home. In the case of a married couple living on rent and even if their parents own a home, will anyhow be treated as a separate household. However, if they wish to avail of PMAY benefits, they will be eligible for a single house.
Beneficiaries Under PMAY Scheme 2021-22
Beneficiaries of PMAY(U) mainly include:
Middle Income Groups (MIG I) with annual income between Rs. 6 -12 Lakh
Middle Income Group (MIG II) with annual income between Rs. 12 -18 Lakhs
Low-income Groups (LIGs) with annual income capping between Rs. 3 -6 Lakh
Economically Weaker Section (EWS) with an annual income capping Up to Rs. 3 Lakh
While beneficiaries from LIG and MIG are eligible only for the Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme that comes under PMAY, beneficiaries from EWS are eligible for complete assistance. The applicant needs to submit an affidavit in support of his income proof to be able to be recognized as a LIG or EWS beneficiary under the Scheme.
How does PMAY Work?
An Illustration to help you understand:
- Assume that you fall in the MIG-II category (i.e. your total household income is between Rs 12-18 Lakhs). You are planning to buy a house worth Rs 50 Lakhs. Your minimum down payment would be 20%, i.e. Rs 10 Lakhs, and you can arrange the remaining amount of Rs 40 Lakhs through a loan.
- However, under PMAY, MIG-2 category applicants are eligible for a subsidy of 3% on a loan of up to Rs 12 Lakhs. Therefore, for the remaining Rs 28 Lakhs of loan, you will have to pay a regular (non-subsidized) interest rate to the lender.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Subsidy Calculation
- As you can see from the table above, the subsidy that you are entitled to is around Rs 2.3 Lakhs. So, out of the loan amount of Rs 12 Lakhs, your subsidy of Rs 2.3 Lakhs will get deducted and you will be paying EMI on the balance amount of Rs 9.7 Lakhs.
- In other words, the subsidy is credited upfront to the account of the borrower, which reduces the effective home loan amount and EMI amount.
Beneficiaries Under PMAY(G)
- Out of 1.03 crore houses sanctioned till 8.7.2019 under Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana - Gramin (PMAY-G), 62.92 lakh landless beneficiaries, who derive a major part of their income from manual casual labor, have been sanctioned houses. State Govt./UT Administrations, responsible to provide land to the landless, is yet to provide land to 3.26 lakh landless PMAY-G beneficiaries. The State/UT-wise details, including Maharashtra, are given at Annexure-I.
- Under PMAY-G, landless beneficiaries are accorded the highest priority and are on top of the Permanent Wait List. Concerned State Govts./UT Administrations are responsible to provide land to the landless PMAY-G beneficiary from the government land or any other land including public land (Panchayat common land, community land, or land belonging to other local authorities). The matter of providing land to the landless PMAY-G beneficiaries is reviewed regularly by the Ministry with the States/UTs, including at the highest level in the States/UTs.
- The details of beneficiaries identified for assistance and the beneficiaries assisted rural housing scheme during the last 5 years are available in the E4 report and A2 report, respectively at the website https://pmayg.nic.in. The data is drillable up to the beneficiary level for the States/UTs. The number of houses sanctioned under the rural housing scheme in the last 5 years in 13 districts of the Bundelkhand region is given in Annexure-II.
PMAY urban contact details
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban)
Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi-110011
Phone: 011-23063285, 011-23060484
Email id: [email protected]
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is a government initiative that intends to provide affordable housing to the urban and rural poor in India. Eligible beneficiaries will be provided a subsidy on home loan interest rates, making it more affordable to own homes. Since Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) caters to individuals both from the urban and rural areas in the country, the authority releases a separate Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana list for either category in 2020. Here’s how you can check if you are on the PMAY beneficiary list or not.
Questions and Answers
How to check the PMAY beneficiary list?
Click on the ‘Search Beneficiary’ option and select ‘Search By Name’.
Enter your Aadhaar number and search.
Find your name on the result page. You can match the details to ensure your application is shortlisted.
How to check Beneficiary List For PMAY- Rural (with registration number)?
Applicants get a registration number when applying under the PMAY-Rural scheme. Use this number to check your name-
Enter the registration number.
If your registration number is present in the list, your details will appear.
Alternatively, one can click on ‘Advanced Search’ to search without the registration number. It will redirect the user to a page where one has to enter details including the state, district, block and panchayat, scheme name, and financial year from the drop-down box. Also, details like name, BPL number, account number, sanction order, and father or husband’s name must be entered.
How to check Beneficiary List for PMAY -Rural (without registration number)?
Instead of entering the registration number, click on the ‘Advanced Search’ option.
Enter the details as required in the form and click the ‘Search’ button.
If your name is present in the list, your details will appear.
How to download and check PMAY Gramin List PDF for 2021-22?
One can check and download the PMAY – G List 2021-22 by visiting the official Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana – Gramin website.
Step 1: Go to the homepage of the PMAY – G website. Click on ‘Reports’ under Awaassoft
Step 2: Go to Social Audit Reports. Click on Beneficiary details for verification.
Step 3: On the subsequent page, choose the required fields under the Selection Filters. Select the year (2021-22), scheme (Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana Gramin), State, District, Block, and Panchayat. Enter the captcha. Click on ‘Submit’.
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin beneficiaries list will be displayed. You can check the personal details, beneficiary name, name of father/mother, village name, registration number, house allotted to, sanction number, sanctioned amount, installment paid, the amount released under PMAY-G, and house status in the PMAY G list of beneficiaries. Users can download the list in Excel and PDF format.
How can I check my PMAY status online?
Visit the official PMAY website at https://pmaymis.gov.in/.
Go to Citizen Assessment.
Track Your Assessment Status.
Choose to search using the name, father's name, and mobile number or by assessment ID.
Enter the required details in the appropriate fields.
The PMAY application status will be shown on the screen