Pradhanmantri Gramin Awas Yojana
The Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana was launched on 25th June 2015 by the primary government of India. The idea of the scheme was to deliver residence facilities to the people who needed them.
Many of the people living in India reside in a kutcha house which is like an abrupt housing facility as the house is constructed of soil and doesn't even hold adverse weather conditions. Meanwhile, the motive of the government was to provide pucca housing facilities to those who had kutcha houses as the pucca houses are built from cement and they do deliver protection against adverse weather conditions. The pucca houses also facilitate the sanitary kitchen facility for its residents.
The motive of Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana
The scheme has been set for public welfare. The scheme was launched in 2015 and its guideline got updated in 2019 to make the scheme competent with the latest scenario.
The scheme's target is to cover as many citizens as possible by the year 2022 by handing out the pucca housing facilities to the nation.
- All the citizens who are unable to build pucca houses for themselves due to their low income or poverty status can get the benefit of the scheme.
The scheme ensures a pucca house facility along with a sanitary kitchen, access to pucca road, liquid petroleum gas facility, and connection to regular electricity.
The pucca house which would be assisted by the government to the citizens would stand the size of twenty-five courtyard meters. And since 2019 the scheme has covered many citizens and has assisted them.
Advantages of Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana
- The citizens can get benefited from taking up the home loan as the return interest authorized on it would be poorer than the usual circumstance.
- The scheme benefits rural areas and uplifts their living standards.
- Yojana also ensures various sanitation tools as the kitchen and the toilets also get installed in the constructed house.
Characteristics of Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana
- The central and state government has agreed to work out the scheme of Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana by allocating the finance and attaining their responsibilities.
- The Central Government would look after the sixty percent of finance out of the total budget set to carry out the scheme. Rest forty percent of finance would be taken care of by the state government.
- Rupees one Lakh twenty thousand is the cumulative amount of budget set for the scheme to carry out finance of all the areas except the hilly areas.
- For hilly areas, the central government looks after ninety percent of finance meanwhile the state government looks for only ten percent of finance. The entire budget made for the construction of houses in hilly areas amounts to rupees one lakh thirty thousand.
- The other union territories administration and has the hundred perfect control over the finance.
- It is expected from the scheme that there would be a day when India would no longer have the kutcha houses because the scheme would replace them with the installation of the pucca house.
- The current target established by the government for the scheme's working is that they would assist two crores ninety-five lakh houses by the year 2022.
- Apart from building hygienic kitchens in the houses, the scheme also ensures the construction of toilets in the home as per the "Swachh Bharat Abhiyan".
- Under the scheme of Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana, the selected applicant would get a supplementary subsidy of rupees hundred per day if they're jobless as per the scheme of the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act 2005.
- The Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana works with the Socio-Economic and Caste Census as they check up the data and ratify it. Then the scheme's officials also consult gram panchayat of the applicant's village for further information about the resident
Eligibility criteria for enrolling in Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana
- The applicant should be a permanent citizen of India.
- The citizen applying for the scheme should belong to distressed families like the ones whose income is below the poverty line.
- Caste groups such as scheduled caste, scheduled tribe, and backward classes can also avail of the scheme.
- If a person is disabled and wants his/her house to be a pucca one then he/she is also eligible for availing of the scheme's benefits.
- Unfortunately, the literate population cannot apply for the scheme, the scheme is open to illiterate populations because the literal ones are able enough to earn their livelihood.
- Laborers who are employed in irregular jobs are qualified for the proposal.
- The age group of eighteen to fifty-nine years old are exempted to avail of the benefits as per the guidelines.
- If a family already has a pucca house then they cannot apply for the yojana.
Procedure for applying in Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana
The applicant can apply in two ways, they are the online method or the offline method.
- For the offline method, the applicant needs to visit any nearby government department and enquire about the scheme. From there they would get an application form that needs to be filled with correct details. After filling out the application form the applicant can submit it to the department's clerk along with the required documents.
For the online method, the applicant has to make sure that they're connected with a good internet connection. After that, they need to visit the official website of the scheme https://pmaymis.gov.in/, from the homepage of the website there will be an application form available. The application form should get printed out from any nearby print shop and then the applicant has to fill it up.
After filling the application form, the scanned picture should be uploaded on the website along with the required documents which also should be scanned and handed in.
The details such as the name, gender, age, name of the related family members, current job, annual income, district name, city name, pin code of the area, the reason for applying in the scheme, etc would be asked in the form.
Documents required for enrolling in Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana
- Documents such as Aadhar card, age proof certificate, the statements for the education acquired, and the proof regarding the present job. Also, the bank details should be provided along with the documents regarding their present housing status.
If an applicant is disabled and wants to get enrolled in the scheme then the medical reports should be handed in.
If an applicant is from any backward class then their caste certificate should be delivered.
In the case of a citizen whose income is below the poverty line then the annual income certificate should be deferred.
Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana's working as per different states
The recent data shows that during the year 2020, the state Bihar has provided housing facilities up to 2,50,028 residents, Maharashtra has assisted 47585 houses, Rajasthan has completed with 70424 houses construction and Uttar Pradesh has benefited 118852 locals.
These States have the nicest accomplishing status, meanwhile, the states such as Sikkim and Mizoram have the poorest accomplishing status as their data of assisting is only 29 and 11 house construction.
1 Q) When was Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana launched?
A) Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana was launched on 25th June 2015 by the central government.
2 Q) What was the idea behind launching Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana?
A) Most of the rural population of India reside in kutcha houses which is very poorly constructed out of the soil and lack sanitary kitchens and toilets so the government wanted to uplift the living standards of those who couldn't afford to build a pucca house for themselves and this is the main idea behind initiating the scheme.
3 Q) What size of houses would be built under the scheme of Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana?
A) The size of the houses built under the scheme of Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana would stand as twenty-five courtyard meters.
4 Q) What is the scheme's budget set for constructing houses in the plain areas and for constructing in hilly areas?
A) Rupees one Lakh twenty thousand is the cumulative amount set for constructing houses in the plain areas and rupees one lakh thirty thousand is the amount set for constructing houses in the hilly areas.
5 Q) Who all or what features are not qualified for enrolling in Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana?
A) Certain citizens with specified features are disqualified as per the guidelines. These include all the citizens who own a vehicle whether it's a bike, active, scooter, or car.
The residents who are not below the poverty line or earn more than ten thousand per month are also not eligible for the yojana.
If anyone retains a Kisan master ticket with a value limit of rupees fifty thousand then he or she would be exempted to avail of any scheme's usefulness.
6 Q) How does an applicant get selected for the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana?
A) The government officials who take care of this scheme's work go through various selection procedures to get a final list of selected applicants who are worthy of assistance.
First, the Socio-Economic and Caste Census checks up the data and ratifies it then the gram panchayat of the applicant's village is contacted for further information about the resident. Then after filtering out, the list gets uploaded on the scheme's official website.