Pravasi Rojgar Yojana
On 20th June 2020 the government of India launched The Pravasi Rojgar Yojana initiative to handle the impact of Covid-19 on migrant workers. The workers who lost their jobs or daily wage workers will be able to find work through this scheme so that they can sustain their living during this pandemic.
This scheme will benefit the people who are registered with the Employees Provident Fund Organization. The duration of this plan as of now is 2 years till 30th June 2020 but it can be extended considering the situation in the country. It had covered all sectors.
The net budget announced is 2.65 lakh crore rupees total budget works out to 29.87 lakh crore rupees, which is fifteen percent of the national gross domestic product.
An additional outlay of ten thousand crores has been provided for Pravasi Rojgar Yojana.
It was said by honorable Mrs. Nirmala Sitaraman that this scheme would give a boost to employment in the organized sector.
Features of Pravasi Rojgar Yojana
- There will be incentives for new jobs and a new employment scheme will be implemented from 1st October 2020.
Those who lost their jobs or employees with less than fifteen thousand rupees will get the benefits.
Benefits Of Pravasi Rojgar Yojana
- Central Government will provide subsidy for two years to newly eligible employees enrolled on or after 1st October 2020.
Under Pravasi Rojgar Yojana, the firms which have less than fifty employees will have to appoint two new employees.
Firms that have more than 50 employees will have to hire 5 new employees to get their benefits.
Under this Yojana, the government will give a 24% stake of Employee Provident Fund Organization to both employees and employers in organizations with less than one thousand employees, which will be for two years.
The government will contribute 12 percent of the employee’s share in the Employee provident fund of those working in organizations with more than one thousand employees.
Eligibility criteria for enrolling in the scheme of the Pravasi Rogjar Yojana Policy
To get eligible for the scheme, the individual should fit into certain criteria. And if the individual passed the eligibility test then he/she can go ahead and avail of the scheme's benefits.
- To be eligible, the first requirement for the applicant should be that he/she should be a permanent citizen of the given area as this scheme has been launched by the Indian administration and is limited up to its nation only.
- The second requirement which is stated under the scheme's guidelines is that the individual should not be engaged with any kind of the permanent basis of earnings as the scheme works to assist only the people who are in need and are helpless.
- The third prerequisite is age eligibility as workers above the age of eighteen years can only avail of the scheme's benefits because the administration doesn't appreciate the workers under the age of eighteen years because child laborers are banned. Also, the maximum age which an individual should hold is supposed to be up to thirty-five years and not more than that.
- The fourth regulation is that the individual applying should be from distressed families or in other words, their family income should be below the poverty line to access the policy.
- The fifth criteria for enrolling is that the applicant should be registered in the employee's working list under the specified department.
- The sixth requirement is that the employee applying should be employed in a permanent worker's job rather than a temporary job.
- The seventh eligibility criteria which an individual should make sure of is that he/she should not have backside any payments previously with any of the Indian registered banks.
- The eighth and the last eligibility criteria are regarding the castes. It states that the applicant belonging from general caste, scheduled tribe, scheduled caste, and other backward classes can apply for the scheme.
How to register and fill up the application form regarding the Scheme of Pravasi Rogjar Yojana:
For getting registered, the applicant should analyze the eligibility test and analyze whether they're applicable for the policy or now, and if they're eligible then they can stop in the authorized website of the scheme Pravasi Rogjar Yojana
- From the homepage of the website https://www.pravasirojgar.com/index, there would be a pop-up page on which all the necessary details should get filled up like the name of the user, age, citizenship, mobile number, email address, caste, etc. After filling up these details the system would send the verification code to the mentioned mobile number through the message to continue. After stating that code on the website, a username and a password would be allotted to the applicant and after this, their username would get registered.
- If the applicant is eligible then he/she can go ahead and up the application form. To fill it up, the applicant needs to again visit the authorized website of the Pravasi Rogjar Yojana Policy. From the cover page of the scheme, the user needs to log in through their registered username id and password.
- After logging in, the user can check up on the page and read out the eligibility criteria or guidelines to cross-check it.
- To access and get enrolled in the scheme, the user should fill up the application form.
- On the home page, on the top right corner, there would be an option with a symbol of three dots. From that option, the application form would get opened then it needs to be downloaded.
- After getting it downloaded the form needs to be printed out from any nearby print shop for filling up the details.
- After filling up the details, the form should be scanned and then it can be submitted on the website or mail it on the authorized mail id of the scheme.
1) Necessary documents should be also attached while submitting the form.
2)https://www.pravasirojgar.com/index is the official website of the Pravasi Rojgar Yojana Scheme.
Documents required for enrolling in the scheme of Pravasi Rogjar Yojana Policy
While filling out the application form, the applicant is required to submit a certain set of crucial documents along with the form.
- First, the documents regarding the identification or Aadhar card are the most crucial papers amongst all.
- Second, the documents stating citizenship as only the inhabitants from the country India can apply for the scheme of the scheme Pravasi Rogjar Yojana.
- Third, the certificate regarding the age should be attached as only the people who are eligible to attain the scheme's benefits are the workers above the age of eighteen years old and below the age of thirty-five can certainly apply for the scheme.
- Fourth, the applicant should also carry a passport size photo as the photo needs to be pasted on the right top corner of the application form and it is mandatory to attach the picture.
- Fifth, the bank passbook details should also be provided by the applicant to the government department so that the authority could directly transfer the pension amount to the applicant's account.
- Sixth, the documents stating the annual income of the applicant should also be provided to cross-check and evaluate the eligibility of the individual.
- Seventh, the caste should be also specified by handing out the certificate stating the concerning proof.
- Eight, the document verifying their job such as a permanent employer job statement should be positively submitted as this scheme benefits only the worker's category of the nation.
- Ninth, the other details such as mobile number, the email id, the area details, etc should be referred.
Modifications in the Pravasi Rogjar Yojana Policy
- The upper age limit has been increased by 10 years and beyond 35 years for SCs/STs and women
- Educational qualifications for eligibility to enroll under the scheme has been decreased to 8th standard from 10th the standard
- The upper limit of the project cost has also been raised from 1 lakh rupees to 2 lakh rupees.
- This scheme will include agriculture and related activities and exclude direct agricultural operations, such as organic manure and its acquisition, growing crops, etc.
- Group financing eligibility is raised to Rs. 5 lakhs
- The upper limit has been raised to 40 years in seven North Eastern States of India
Q. What are the age criteria to enroll for Pravasi Rojgar Yojana?
Ans. The minimum and maximum age of the applicant is 18 years and 45 years respectively, if the applicant is from North-eastern states, then the maximum age is 45 years and for people falling in SC/ST category, it is 45 years.
Q. What is the minimum qualification required to enroll for Pravasi Rojgar Yojana?
Ans. The applicant shouted have studied and passed 8th standard to be eligible.
Q. Is there any collateral required to be submitted to enroll in the scheme?
Ans. There are no requirements of collateral for projects up to rupees 1 lakh rupees.
Q. What is the subsidy provided under Pravasi Rojgar Yojana?
Ans. The subsidy offered under Pravasi Rojgar is 15% of the project cost, a maximum of Rs. 7500.
Q. Are there any income criteria to meet before enrolling for Pravasi Rojgar Yojana?
Ans. The annual family income should not exceed Rs. 40,000 to get enrolled under Pravasi Rojgar Yojana.
Q. What is the repayment schedule offered under Pravasi Rojgar Yojana?
Ans. The repayment schedule to be followed by the applicant should be between 3 to 7 years after the initial prohibition period.
Q. What is the training period of the borrowers?
Ans. The training is provided for 15-20 days to ensure that their businesses get settled and started.
Q. What is the maximum time duration the applicants need to reside permanently before applying?
Ans. Applicants need to have stayed for at least 3 years at the same location to be eligible for Pravasi Rojgar Yojana.
The helpline contact number regarding Pravasi Rojgar Yojana:
If the individual is facing any issue then he/she can ring up the number of the policy which is
They can also write up a mail and send it to the authorized mail id of the scheme.
Or the applicant can post the query letter commissioners the address.