Prime Minister Garib Kalyan Yojana
The scheme of Prime Minister Garib Kalyan Yojana was inaugurated way back in the year 2016 but in the year 2020, the scheme got broadened and is currently being practiced on a huge scale. The validity of the scheme lies up to the duration of the lockdown span.
The scheme which was launched in the year 2016 stated under its guidelines that the people associated with black money can now turn that amount into a legal amount. The scheme gave that sort of opportunity to them, but to avail that opportunity the individual was supposed to deposit fifty percent of the total black money amount to the administration.
The scheme then got further extended at the time when the global pandemic broke down. On the thirtieth June, the decision was made to assist the poor helpless people and the health workers under the scheme of Prime Minister Garib Kalyan Yojana.
Features of Prime Minister Garib Kalyan Yojana
Under the scheme of Prime Minister Garib Kalyan Yojana, the minister of financial affairs has decided to provide monetary aid to all the Indian citizens whose income lies below the poverty line or who are from distressed families in the pandemic time. The reason being that due to national lockdown it has become difficult for them to survive on an economical basis.
The amount decided as the budget for carrying out the scheme to assist the poor people was set up to rupees one lakh seventy thousand crores.
The goal of the policy is to assist as many people who are in need as possible, nearly people up to eighty crores have been assisted by the government.
The government under the scheme functions to deliver food assurance to civilizations, as food assurance every individual gets five kilograms of either rice or hear whatever their type of supplement is, and along with that, they get to choose the pulse worth five kilograms according to their taste preference. Every month the individual is accountable for these food supplies.
All the financial assistance provided by the government under Prime Minister Garib Kalyan Yojana would be directly transferred to the individual's bank account. In case the person doesn't have any bank account then the government would attempt to assist the individuals in another way.
Benefits of Prime Minister Garib Kalyan Yojana
In the pandemic, the government has provided support to many people and they have got benefitted
- Liquid gas petroleum cylinders were given as a subsidy to more than eight crore inhabitants who cannot afford it as an exemption. Also, the rural single women, senior citizens, and differently-abled people of more than three crores have a financial subsidy of one thousand.
- The women of India from the rural sector are also getting various benefits of the scheme as the self-helped group of women can now avail the loan from the government without submitting any collateral security for about rupees twenty lakh. Also, more than twenty crore rural women have got the financial subsidy of rupees five hundred per month for at least three months under the scheme.
- Moreover, the government under this scheme has laid down life insurance for all the health workers who are fighting against the virus. This is because all the health workers working are associated with the risk factor. The insurance amount made for them is about fifty lakhs.
- It should be noted that the policy will incorporate all administration health centers, wellness centers, and hospitals for both at the primary as well as district level. To combat the pandemic, approximately twenty-two lakh health workers will be underwritten by insurance.
- The agricultural workers of more than approximately nine crores are also given a monetary subsidy of rupees two thousand. The amount is being directly transmitted to their bank account.
- More than five crore workers registered under the scheme of the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act have also got their wages increased by rupees two thousand under Prime Minister Garib Kalyan Yojana.
- More than three crore fifty lakh workers who are associated with construction and irregular jobs have been protected against monetary disturbance due to national lockdown. The budget made for assisting them is about rupees thirty-one crores set by the finance ministry of India.
- For the next three months, wage jobs earning less than rupees fifteen thousand a month in firms with less than a hundred employees will be getting the assistance of twenty-four percent of their monthly earnings which would get transferred into their provident fund accounts.
Eligibility criteria for enrolling in Prime Minister Garib Kalyan Yojana
The applicant applying should be residing in the country of India. Individuals from any state can apply for the scheme as the yojana works on the central level.
The individual applying should have an income below the poverty line.
The scheme assists various categories of people such as rural poor people, rural women, self-help groups, the rural single women, senior citizens, differently-abled people, health workers from all administration owned health centers, wellness centers, and hospitals working for both at the primary as well as the district level, agricultural workers, laborers registered under the scheme of the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, workers who are associated with construction and irregular jobs and individuals with wage jobs earning less than rupees fifteen thousand a month. These are some of the examples of who is eligible to get the scheme's services.
Process of filling out the application form for registering in the Prime Minister Garib Kalyan Yojana
- If the applicant is eligible then he/she can go ahead and fill out the application form. There are two ways for filling out the petition form. First is the online registration process as it is simple and saves up time/money.
- For the online procedure, the applicant has to open the official site of the Prime Minister Garib Kalyan Yojana https://pib.gov.in/.
- On the home page, at the top right corner, there would be an option with a symbol of three dots that need to be clicked.
- Then the petition form option would be visible on the screen under the scheme's category data.
- By clicking on that the petition form would get opened. Then the form needs to be downloaded and printed out by the applicant from any convenient print shop.
- After getting it printed, the details like the name, age, state name, area pin code, job types, etc should be filled in the form as per the given questions mentioned in the form.
- Then after filling in the details, the form should be submitted along with attached documents on the site of the scheme by the method of online submission or it can also be mailed to the authorized email address of the scheme.
- For the offline mode as it's less confusing and straight, the applicant can visit any nearby government department near their house. From there the department's clerk would hand them the petition form which needs to be duly filled with all the crucial information. After that, the application form can be deposited to the department.
(Note:- Don't forget to assemble the documents along with the form.)
Documents required for registering in the Prime Minister Garib Kalyan Yojana
The applicant should show the citizen certificate and along with that the Aadhar card or any identity card is a must and should be deposited.
The applicant should also give proof regarding their job type or if they're unemployed they can give details about the same.
To receive the subsidy amount, the applicant should comply with a bank account made as of Jan Dhan. The bank under which the account has been made should be ratified by the RBI.
Q)What is the objective of the scheme Prime Minister Garib Kalyan Yojana?
A) The scheme of Prime Minister Garib Kalyan Yojana's main objective is to provide jobs or subsidies for migrant workers who were laid off during the lockdown and the people who are facing problems to carry out their livelihood partly because of the pandemic.
Q) What collaborative projects between the separate ministry departments have been assigned under the scheme of Prime Minister Garib Kalyan Yojana?
A) The scheme of Prime Minister Garib Kalyan Yojana is assigned with twelve collaborative projects between separate ministry departments namely as gram panchayat which is a form of local government in India, the ministry concerned with the growth of rural areas, collieries, freeways, and road conveyance, drinking water, and disinfectant, the department of nature, crude oil and gas bureau, rail lines, roads which run along the border, farming and renewable energy telecom.
Q) When was the scheme of Prime Minister Garib Kalyan Yojana launched?
A) The scheme of Prime Minister Garib Kalyan Yojana was inaugurated in the year 2016 but in the year 2020, the scheme got broadened due to the coronavirus pandemic and is currently being exercised on a huge graph.
Q) How many people have been assisted under the scheme of Prime Minister Garib Kalyan Yojana?
A) People up to eighty crores have been assisted by the government through the scheme of Prime Minister Garib Kalyan Yojana.
Q) What is the budget set by the government under the guidance of the finance ministry to carry out the functions of the scheme of Prime Minister Garib Kalyan Yojana?
A) The budget set by the government under the guidance of the finance ministry to carry out the functions of the scheme of Prime Minister Garib Kalyan Yojana is about rupees one lakh seventy thousand crores.
Q) What is the age eligibility to get enrolled in the scheme of Prime Minister Garib Kalyan Yojana?
A) The applicant applying should be above the age of eighteen years to get eligible for enrolling in the scheme of Prime Minister Garib Kalyan Yojana.