UGC Net Admit Card
- This exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency on a fixed schedule every year and a large number of candidates apply for it. This year the online applications for this exam were started on 10 August 2021 and the last date to apply was fixed as 05 September 2021. After the application, a written examination will be conducted for this. A large number of candidates have applied for this exam but you will be passed based on your marks only.
- For those who had applied for the National Eligibility Test, their examination was held on 06 – 11 October 2021. This exam is being conducted for UGC and this exam will be conducted at the national level. Candidates from different states have applied for it and this exam is conducted only once a year. To get more information about this, you can check by visiting the official website of NTA.
University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) is a national-level exam conducted to determine the eligibility of candidates for only Assistant Professor or both Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Assistant Professor post in Indian universities and colleges. Till June 2018, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducted NET on behalf of UGC. However, from December 2018 onwards National Testing Agency (NTA) started conducting the UGC NET exam.
Know more about UGC NET Hall Ticket Date 2021
- Your hall ticket for this exam will be issued about 10 days before the exam which you can get on the official website by entering your application number and date of birth. As of now, no clear date has been issued for the admit card.
- Without the admit card, you cannot give this exam, so you must carry the admit card with you to the exam. This exam will be conducted in two shifts, the first shift will be from 9:30 am to 12 noon and the second shift will be from 3 pm to 6 pm. We cannot change the time or date fixed for the exam.
UGC NET Eligibility 2021
The basic criteria that candidates must fulfil to meet UGC NET eligibility 2021 are mentioned below.
Candidates should secure at least 55 per cent aggregate marks in post-graduation
Candidates should not be more than 31 years of age to be eligible for JRF
There is no age restriction to apply for the post of Assistant Professor
A relaxation of five per cent in educational qualification is given to reserved category candidates
A relaxation of five years in age criteria is given to reserved category candidates
Candidates who have cleared State Eligibility Test (SET) before June 1, 2002, are exempted from taking the UGC NET exam.
What to carry on exam day?
UGC NET 2021 is a computer-based test and candidates are given a pen/pencil and blank sheets for rough work. However, candidates are still advised to carry a pen/pencil to the exam centre to avoid any last-minute hassle.
What NOT to carry on exam day?
UGC NET aspirants are not allowed to carry any instrument, metallic item or electronic gadgets/devices to the exam hall. It may be noted that there might also not be any provision for the safekeeping of candidates’ valuables. Things that are strictly prohibited inside the exam hall are mentioned below.
Things Prohibited inside Exam Centre
Any kind of paper/stationery/textual material (printed or written material)
Eatables and water (loose or packed)
Diabetic students are allowed to carry eatables like sugar tablets, fruit and transparent water bottle to the exam hall. However, such candidates are not allowed to carry any packed food like chocolates, candy and sandwiches.
Details Printed on your UGC NET Admit Card 2021
Complete information about whatever details will be printed on your admit card will be available to you in our article. All your details are as follows:-
Date of birth
Photograph and Signature
Important instructions, etc.
What to bring along with UGC NET Admit Card 2021?
Along with the admit card, you also need to carry some important documents for the exam. Because your identity will be verified by them and it is mandatory to follow this rule. You can take the following documents with you:-
Passport size photograph
UGC NET 2021 exam has been postponed by the NTA after receiving several requests from candidates regarding the clash of exam dates with other major examinations. UGC NET exam for the merged December 2020 and June 2021 cycles was set to be held from October 17 to 25, 2021. The revised exam dates and schedule will be announced shortly. The UGC NET admit card and date sheet will be released together on the official website.
Questions and Answers
How to download PDF online UGC NET Admit Card 2021?
First of all click on the link of the official website for admit card ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
After that search and select the admit card option on the home page.
Then the next page will open, enter your application number and DOB in it.
Your admit card will open on your screen, save it and download it in pdf.
Also do not forget to take the print copy of the admit card for the exam.
How is the UGC NET Selection Process 2021?
UGC NET selection process begins with the release of official notification. The UGC NET notification is the first official document that gives information regarding the exam such as exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus and others. The UGC NET selection process comprises various steps. Have a look at these steps below:
Step 1: Fill UGC NET application form
- The UGC NET process begins with the release of the application form. Candidates need to register and fill the UGC NET application form online by visiting the official website of the exam ugcnet.nta.nic.in. To fill the form, candidates have to pay an application fee.
Step 2: Download the UGC NET admit card
- After successful registrations, the NTA releases the UGC NET admit card around a week before the exam. Candidates can download the admit card by logging in to their registered accounts. Candidates need to carry the admit card to the exam centres on the day of the examination.
Step 3: Appear for the UGC NET exam
- Candidates who have registered for the UGC NET need to appear for the exam. The UGC NET is a computer-based test that consists of Paper 1 and 2. Both the papers contain objective-type questions that candidates need to complete in a duration of three hours.
Step 4: Check UGC NET result
- NTA declares UGC NET results on its official website as per the prescribed schedule. The result contains the roll number and status of candidates, that is, whether a candidate has qualified for the exam for Assistant Professor/JRF or failed to qualify for the exam.
How to apply for UGC NET 2021?
You can apply for the UGC NET 2021 exam by following the steps given below:
Visit the website- ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
Click on the ‘Application form UGC NET Dec 2020 & June 2021 cycles’ link
Click on the ‘New Registration’
Enter the required details and complete the registration
Fill the complete application form
Upload scanned pictures of passport size photo (10-200 kb) and signature (4-30 kb). Both the images should be in JPEG format
Pay the UGC NET application fee (Gen - Rs 1000; OBC/EWS - Rs 500; SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender - Rs 250)
Save and submit the form
Download the confirmation page
How to Recover Application Number?
Check the step by step process to get your application number for UGC NET 2021 Admit Card download below: -
Step 1 – Go to the official website and click on the Admit Card link ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
Step 2 – Find the “Forgot Application No.?” and click on it.
Step 3 – Now, you will be directed to the following page. Fill in all the required details such as your name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, etc. and click on “Get Application Number”.
Step 4 – After submitting the details, you will get your application number.
How to Recover Your Password?
Check the step by step process to get your password below: -
Step 1 – Go to the official website and click on the admit card link ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
Step 2 – Find the “Forgot Password ?” link and click on it.
Step 3 – Now, you will see the following page. Select any one option and click on the “Continue” button.
Step 4 – Fill in all the required details such as application No., DOB, Security Question and Answer, etc., and Submit it.
Step 5 – After this, NTA will send your password via email or SMS on the registered email id or mobile number respectively.