PAN Card Status - UTI and NSDL PAN Card Status and FAQs in 2020
PAN application status can be checked in two ways – one through the NSDL portal and the other through the UTI portal. On the behalf of the Income Tax Department both NSDL and UTI issue PAN card. Both are pretty similar and provide almost similar services, so you can check your PAN application status or apply for PAN Card or search for any other information relating to PAN card through any of these official websites mention below.
In this article we are going to talk about all the latest and relevant information regarding PAN card. So to know more in details, read this article very carefully.
Check PAN Card Status
After you are done with the application process, you can view the PAN card status from NSDL or UTI.
NSDL PAN Card Status
If you have applied for PAN through NSDL site then you can view your application status in the following steps:
1. Visit the official website of NSDL by clicking on https://www.tin-nsdl.com. The homepage of TIN portal will be opened.
2. Scroll down you will see ‘know status of PAN/TAN application’ in a rectangular orange box. Click on it.
3. Now, the PAN/TAN application status page will open. Select ‘PAN – New/Change Request’ from the option given in the Application type.
4. After selecting the application type, type in the 15 digit acknowledgement number and enter the verification code shown in the box.
5. Then, finally you can click the submit button. After the submission, your application status will pop up on the screen.
UTI PAN Card Status
Or if you have applied for PAN through UTI site then you can view your application status in the following steps:
1. Click on the official website UTI i.e., https://www.utiitsl.com to check your PAN application status.
2. The UTI homepage will appear, click on ‘For PAN Card’ option appearing on the top of the homepage. After clicking it, you will see various options select ‘Track your PAN’ from that.
3. New page will open, where you have to enter the required details such as Application Coupon number or PAN Number, date of birth and captcha.
4. After filling all the necessary details, you can click on the submit button and will be able to see the application status.
Other Methods to Check PAN card status
There are many other ways also to check your PAN application status. These are mentioned below:
SMS: You can check your PAN application status by sending a SMS to 57575. You just have to type-in and sent it to that number.
E-mail: You check your PAN application status, you can send an e-mail at [email protected] mentioning your 15 digits acknowledgment number.
Call Centre: You can check your PAN application status by ringing up the PAN Call Centre by typing the number 020-2721-8080.
PAN Card Refund Status
Those who have applied for refund, they can view their PAN Refund Status from NSDL website in the following steps:
1. First, click on the link https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/refundstatuslogin.html a page will appear.
2. If you scroll down, you will see boxes where you have to write your PAN, Assessment year and a captcha code. After you complete, click on the proceed button and your refund status will appear.
Everyone have to link their AADHAR Card with their PAN Card, as per the guidelines of the Income Tax Department. If you don’t link your AADHAR with your PAN your PAN card will become invalid. The last date to link was 31st march, 2020 but because of the COVID-19 situation in the country, the government has extended the date till 30th June, 2020 to link AADHAR card with PAN card. As there are many people who didn’t even applied for AADHAR or who didn’t get their AADHAR card yet, so for them extended date is a breath of fresh air. There are many ways through which you can link your AADHAR card with PAN card, these are mentioned below:
Through UTI – You can link AADHAR card with PAN card through UTI in the following steps:
1. Visit the official website UTI by clicking on https://www.utiitsl.com.
2. Homepage will open. Now scroll down, you see ‘PAN CARD Services’ option. Click it.
3. A new page opens. You will have to go to the ‘News & Updates’ section and click on the link, link AADHAR card with PAN card.
4. The page will redirect to the e-filling website for AADHAR-PAN Linkage. Fill in the required details such as PAN, AADHAR Number, name as per AADHAR, captcha code for verification or you can request an OTP for verification etc.
5. After filling all the details click on Link AADHAR button and your AADHAR card will be linked with PAN card.
You can also directly visit the Income Tax site i.e., https://www1.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-FilingGS/Services/LinkAadhaarHome.html rather than visiting the UTI website, it will save some time.
Via SMS – You can also link your AADHAR to PAN by sending a SMS to 567678 or 56161 from you registered phone number. You have to type UIDPAN <12 digit AADHAR> <10 digit PAN> and send it to those numbers mentioned above.
The last date for linking your AADHAR card with PAN card was originally 31st December, 2019 but the Income Tax Department has extended the due date till 31st march, 2020 to give some time to people. But now because of the COVID-19 situation in the country, the government has extended the date till 30th June, 2020. As all the official work has stopped so who didn’t applied for AADHAR or who didn’t get their AADHAR delivered yet, will get some extra time to link AADHAR to PAN
Download NSDL or UTI E–PAN Card
Now-a-days, e-PAN option is also there. If you had applied for e-PAN, you can download it from NSDL or UTI portal.
There are two options provided by NSDL to download e-PAN:
- E-PAN download for those whose PAN was allotted last month – Click on the link https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/MPanLogin.html a Download e-PAN page will open where you have to enter your Acknowledgement number and the Captcha code and then click on the submit button. Your e-PAN will be downloaded.
- E-PAN download for those whose PAN was allotted before one month – At first, click on the link https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/ReprintDownloadEPan.html. Request for E-PAN card will appear, you have fill-in all the required details such as PAN, AADHAR number, date of birth and GSTN (optional) and then click on the submit button. Your e-PAN will be downloaded.
You can download e-PAN from UTI website in the following steps:
1. Visit the official website of UTI https://www.utiitsl.com/. The homepage will appear, scroll down you will see the ‘PAN Card Service’, click it.
2. A new page will appear, you see a box where ‘Download e-PAN’ written, click on it.
3. Then a page will appear where you have to fill-in the required details such as PAN, date of birth, GSTN, captcha code.
4. After filling all the details, click on the submit button and your e-PAN will be downloaded.
People can search for PAN centres in their nearby location, as there are various PAN centres all over India. So it won’t be difficult to find it. You can also search on internet PAN centres nearby you. You can search PAN centres through both NSDL and UTI.
NSDL – Click on the link https://www.tin-nsdl.com/pan-center.html. Search PAN Centre page will appear then select your state/union territory.
UTI - Click on the link https://www.psaonline.utiitsl.com/PanCenters/applicationCenters. PAN application centre page will appear then select your state and district.
New PAN Card and Features
New PAN cards and e-PAN cards are being issued by the Income Tax Department now. They are of new designs. Income Tax Department has started issuing newly designed PAN cards from 7th July, 2018 onwards. Below are mentioned some of the features of new PAN cards:
The new PAN card will come with enhanced QR code which can be readable by mobile applications.
Positions of the photograph, signature, hologram and QR code are all changed.
The QR code will be available in e-PAN cads also.
Q. What is a PAN?
Permanent Account Number or PAN is a 10 digit alpha-numeric text. PAN is an identification proof issued by the Income Tax Department.
Q. Who can apply for PAN?
Any individual, taxpayers, firms can apply for PAN.
Q. What is the difference between NSDL and UTI?
There is no such difference between NSDL and UTI, both are pretty similar.
Q. Can we download PAN card?
Yes, you can download the e-PAN card from NSDL or UTI websites.
Q. What if PAN card is not linked to AADHAR?
If PAN card is not linked with AADHAR card then the PAN card will be cancelled, it will become invalid.
Q. Is PAN card and AADHAR card are same?
No, they are not same.
Q. Is e-PAN card valid?
Yes, e-PAN cards are valid.
Q. What if my PAN card is invalid?
If your PAN card becomes invalid, you will be deemed to not possess a PAN.
Q. What is the last date for linking AADHAR card with PAN card?
30th June, 2020.
Q. Is it mandatory to link AADHAR with PAN for everyone?
Yes, as per the guidelines of Income Tax Department it is mandatory to link AADHAR card with PAN card or your PAN card will be cancelled.
Q. Is it OK to share PAN card number?
No, it’s not OK to share PAN number or any other personal information with a stranger, it’s not safe.
Q. How much time a PAN card takes to arrive?
It takes around 20-25 working days to arrive PAN card.
Q. What is ITR password?
ITR password or acknowledgement is a combination of PAN and date of birth.
Q. Can I have more than one PAN card?
No, you can’t possess more than one PAN card or you will be fined.
Q. How can I know that my PAN card has been processed/ delivered?
By tracking your PAN on the websites of NSDL and UTI, you can check its status, it has been processed or delivered or not.