Uttar Pradesh Old Age Pension Scheme
Currently, the state government in Uttar Pradesh has increased the pension of Old age that falls between the category of 60 to 79 years of age by Rs 100 on monthly basis. Since the age-old pensioners are now capable of receiving 500 rupees every month and not Rs 400 per month, certainly, it is a good sign that shows slowly but the country is developing. The approval of the Uttar Pradesh Pension Scheme hike was made in the cabinet meeting that Yogi Adityanath who is the chief minister had conducted in Lucknow.
What exactly is the Pension hike all about?
According to the Government Spokesman Srikant Sharma, it has now been set that people who are more than 800 years of age are already getting 500 rupees every month which the Union government shall completely sponsor.
Know more about the Uttar Pradesh Old Age Pension Scheme
According to the Uttar Pradesh Government, with the introduction of a revised old pension scheme, it is expected that senior citizens shall get benefits out of it. The scheme is all about the hike in the Pension for those eligible citizens who are quite senior by age and require financial assistance on a regular basis in monthly form. The scheme further has some additional detailing that you need to know:
- This scheme is a joint fund initiative by the Uttar Pradesh Government and the Government of India
- It is considered as The State through Social Welfare Department based scheme
- The objective of this scheme is to offer financial support to elderly individuals and it started in 1994.
- Citizens who are more than 60 years of age fall under the eligibility criteria of this scheme.
- As per the age group BPL list 2002, the senior citizens are eligible to get Rs.300/-
- Considering the rate of two beneficiaries every month, and breaking down the
This scheme got active by 2011 with the said scheme for eligible beneficiaries falling in the age category till 79 years to get Rs.200 per month for each beneficiary and 100 for every beneficial state every month
Understanding the Selection Process
- To select the beneficiary in the Urban area and even through village panchayat, there is a selection process that is carried out.
- The selection is done through the city magistrate or by the sub-collection
- The gram panchayat sends the proposal with the help of the district block office District
- It is the social welfare office that draws the proposal and then receives the approval of the pension only once the examination is done. The amount is then transferred to the beneficiary bank account
Scheme’ Key Features
There are some of the key features of this schemes which are:
- Through this scheme, the government can give an additional amount of Rs.50 as compared to the previous scheme where the beneficiary thus can claim Rs.800 on monthly basis.
- The government can even permit the senior citizens from economical weak areas to avail the advantages of the scheme
- Under this scheme, the government has the authority to transfer the amount of pension to the beneficiaries using their bank account.
To avail the benefits of the scheme, there is an eligibility criterion in which an individual is expected to fit in. This includes:
- The applicant must be an Uttar Pradesh resident
- The applicant whose age is more than 60 years of age and is eligible for the scheme can only avail of it
- The applicant who has his or her name’s registration done under the list of BPL are eligible
- The applicant can be from the economically weak section or even the society’s backward class.
While applying, if the applicant falls under the eligibility criteria then he is expected to fill out the documents which are:
- The domicile certificate copy of the applicant
- The birth certificate, the housing agreement, the school leaving certificate, and other associated documents of the application
- The caste certificate which is approved by the authorized team
- A copy of the applicant’s driving license, income certificate, and bank passbook details
How to apply for the scheme:
There is a certain process that is expected to be followed by the applicants. The steps include:
- The candidate first must visit the official portal which is designed by the Uttar Pradesh Government for UP Pension Scheme Online Apply
- Then comes the section of old pension which the applicant can see on the portal’s homepage itself. The applicant must click on it and further proceed with the online application.
- On the same page, the person needs to click on the tab of apply UP Pension Scheme Online Application Form and then go ahead with the scheme. There will be a visible entry form
- On clicking the link of the entry form, the person must fill out the details along with all the associated information asked.
- There are some documents that the applicant must even upload once the form is filled out. The documents have to be well scanned with the application.
- It is time to save the application by clicking on the save option
- There will be a registration acknowledgment slip that you shall get along with the registration number. It is generated for further reference
- In the final step, right after the registration form gets saved, you can edit or update it further for the correction only if you haven’t clicked on the final submit button.
- Once you click on the submit option, the form will then get forwarded to the department of DSWO.
The application upon applying can take the whole printout of the page along with the documents that were asked for the submit. They can even submit it periodically at the office of the DSWO/DPO/DHWO within one month before the final submission date arrives. Once the applicant’s submission form is received, the respective office will send a computer-generated acknowledgment receipt.
Steps to Application Status
Since this is an integrated portal facility, the applicant can track down the application status using certain steps. All the applicant must do is:
- Visit the official Uttar Pradesh government website
- There will be an option that an applicant can see by the name of Check Application Status Online. It is available on the homepage itself
- Upon clicking on the section, the applicants can make a new password using the number of application registration and also the bank account number.
- The applicant will then have to click on the login link in the application status using the password that has been generated.
The hike of Rs 100 has been enforced from January 2019 and the Government from then has started bearing all the additional burden of around Rs 106.84 crores from January to March 2019. The new hike in the pension shall eventually prove to be beneficial for more than 44 lakhs of the people residing in the state.
Question and Answer:
Q: How is a calculation of Pension followed in U.P?
A: Well, with the effect from the year 2006, the pension calculation is done with the emoluments reference or even the average emoluments which is the average basic pay that has been withdrawn from the last 10 months whichever is more beneficial.
Q: What is the Eligibility Criteria of old age pension in UP
A: To avail the advantages of this scheme, the person needs to be an Uttar Pradesh resident at the same time must be 60 years of age or more.
Q: Is their widow's pension in UP?
A: Yes, there is a widow pension scheme for destitute women. It offers regular financial assistance for the Uttar Pradesh residing widows of Rs.500 every month.
Q: What is needed for the first-time credit of pension initiation?
A: Earlier for the credit of the pension to be done on the first time, the verification of the pensions is needed to be approved by the bank who shall be undertaking the pension payment.