BARC (Bhabha Atomic Research Centre) Recruitment 2020
Under the Department Of Atomic Energy (DOE), Mumbai, The Government Of India, has opened the applications for interested and eligible Indian Nationals for filling in 8 vacancies of the posts Medical/Scientific Officers D - GDMO, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Dental Surgeon, Radiology, Medical, and Technical Officers - Chemistry, Mechanical, and Instrumentation/Electronics engineering via direct selection.
The online application procedure starts from 30th March 2020, and it will end on 15th April 2020.
- To be eligible for BARC recruitment, a candidate must have passed in B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. (Engineering) / 5-year Integrated M.Tech. Along with a minimum of 60% marks.
- Any candidate who wants to be selected based on his/her GATE Score, he/she must have a valid GATE-2019 or GATE-2020 Score in the same engineering field as the qualifying degree category.
- Candidates with degrees in branches such as Aerospace, Automobile, Industrial Production, Reliability, Ceramics, Architecture, Geology, Mining, Bio-Medical Electronics/ Instruments, Communication, Information Technology, Master of Computer Applications, Dyes & Dye Intermediates, Electrochemical, Energy Systems, Oils & Fats, Paints & Varnishes, Petrochemicals, Plastics, Paper, Sugar Technology, Textiles, Mechatronics, etc. will not be eligible for any posts.
- The age limit for General Category is 26 years
- The age limit for OBC Category is 29 years
- The age limit for SC/ST Category is 31 years
- The age limit for Dependents of those people who died in the riots of 1984 (Dep1984) is 31 years
- The age limit for Persons domiciled in Kashmir Division of Jammu & Kashmir State from 01/01/1981 to 31/12/1990 is 31 years
The selection procedure includes Shortlisting, Written Examination or Interview, and then Document Verification.
- For each of the nine engineering fields and 5 Science fields, the online exam will take place in March 2020 in more than 40 cities all over India. The candidates will be allowed to select their examination centre and the date and time of the session of Examination in which they wish to appear. The slot of online Examination will be done on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Based on the GATE Score, the applicants will be shortlisted and called for the Interview. Based on the valid ScoreScore of GATE 2020 in the respective GATE subject.
- The applicants who possess a degree in "Nuclear Engineering" will only be screened based on the Online Examination, which will be conducted in March 2020.
- The Interviews of the shortlisted applicants will take place in Mumbai and Hyderabad for all the fields except Geology and Geophysics. The outstation candidates will be given a two-way second-class sleeper train fare, from their registered residential address, by the shortest route or the actual fare whichever will be less.
Compensation in the range of Rs. 56,100 to Rs. Sixty-seven thousand seven hundred per month will be given according to the post, they have been selected for.
The application fee for the BARC examination of 2020 is Rs. 500, which is chargeable from all the male applicants who belong to the General and OBC categories.
There is no application fee taken from the Woman candidates, candidates belonging to SC/ST, Dependents of Defense Personnel Killed in Action (DODPKIA) and Physically Challenged candidates.
- Launch of online application portal- 6th January 2020
- Last date for registration for the online application- 3rd February 2020
- The last date for submission of online application- 9th February 2020
- The Admit Card will be downloaded from- 25th February 2020
- Online ExaminationExamination will take place between- 14th March- 18th March 2020
- Last date for uploading the GATE score- 1st April 2020
- Result of written ExaminationExamination- 15th April 2020
- Interview Slot selection- 17th to 20th April 2020
- Selection Interviews- 14th to 13th June 2020
- List of selected candidates for OCES-2020- Last week of June 2020
- Last date for the selected OCES-2020 to give their confirmation- 5th July 2020
- List of selected candidates for DGFS-2020- 2nd week of July 2020
- The Examination will take place in the online mode
- The paper is held in Multiple Choice Questions mode
- The Examination consists of 100 Questions
- The total exam duration is 2 hours, and each question carries three marks
- For each wrong answer, one marks will be deducted
- Any electrical devices or calculators is not allowed in the examination hall. Virtual calculators will be available on the candidate's terminal
The syllabus is different for different disciplines. The eligible candidates can download the program from the official BARC website.
Application Process for BARC Recruitment (2020)
Step 1: First, visit the official website.
Step 2: Click on “Career Opportunities”.
Step 3: Click on “Recruitment”.
Step 4: Click on “New Vacancies”.
Step 5: Then, you will be redirected to a page that will show you current vacancies.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What does OCES stand for?
OCES stands for Orientation Course for Engineers and Scientists
Q. What does DGFS stand for?
DGFS stands for DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme
Q. What is the last date for filling the application form?
The last date for submitting the application form is 15th April 2020
Q. What is the application fee for women?
There is no application fee to be paid by the Woman candidates, candidates belonging to SC/ST, Dependents of Defense Personnel Killed in Action (DODPKIA) and Physically Challenged candidates
Q. What is the amount of application fee for men?
The application fee for the BARC examination 2020 charged by the male candidates who belong to the General and OBC categories is Rs. 500
Q. Under what all disciplines are the BARC Recruitment 2020 open? How many vacancies are there?
The disciplines are- Medical/Scientific Officers D - GDMO, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Dental Surgeon, Radiology, Medical, and Technical Officers - Chemistry, Mechanical, and Instrumentation/Electronics engineering. There are a total of 8 vacancies.