Delhi Widow Pension Scheme 2021
To empower the women who are staying in Delhi, the Delhi Government has recently come up with an amazing initiative by the name of the Delhi Widow pension scheme. Of course, by its name you can easily recognize that this scheme depicts financial assistance to those women who are widowed. Given below you shall be exploring all the aspects of the Delhi widow pension scheme and how it can be useful for you in the future. Besides, it is also popular by the name of the Delhi Vidhwa pension scheme which has already gained the attention of a mass audience.
What exactly is Delhi Widow Pension Scheme 2021?
The primary focus of starting with such a Widow Pension Scheme by the Government of Delhi was to bring financial security and independence to women. It shall offer incentives to all those women who have no one to take care of them. Thanks to the scheme’s implementation, the education of the girl and their empowerment will be rightly taken care of by all the Delhi people. This scheme is a fine step for the new India innovation that depicts gender equality at all stages.
To be precise, this is financial aid that offers better security for the widows. It is a monthly pension of Rs.2500/- that a woman shall get on a fixed basis. Once the scheme verification is done within a month then the amount of the pension shall get deposited into the account of the beneficiary. This amount will then be sent directly to the account of the beneficiary once every three months whose rule has been set by the RBI.
Delhi Widow Pension Scheme Amount
The beneficiary is entitled to receive the amount of Rs. 2500 every quarter. The amount will get credited into the bank account directly either through the ECS of RBI or the PFMS. There will be complete assistance that shall be given to the applicant from the next month once the submission of the application is done.
Delhi Widow Pension Scheme Objective
The primary objective of this Delhi Pension Scheme is to offer all those widows who don’t have anyone to look after to be independent. In short, the Chief Minister of Delhi has launched this scheme while focusing on empowering the women of today’s society. Looking at the crime rate that has been increasing against women, suffice it to say that the right action needs to be taken care of. With such initiatives that are launched, the revolution of equality surely has begun.
Other than this, financial assistance is what a woman of today’s time needs especially when she is a widow and was entirely dependent on her husband. That is why with the amount of Rs.2500/- there is no doubt that women shall get the much-needed assistance so that even in near future the right care can be taken. This way women will not just be self-reliant but also be empowered.
Features of Delhi Widow Pension
Those beneficiaries who wish to be a part of this scheme need to understand that some features of it include:
- Applicant women will get financial help monthly
- Women will get self-sufficiency in their lives
- Applicant women will go further towards empowerment.
- With this pension amount, women don’t have to deal with face maintenance.
- To maintain better transparency, the widow pension amount will get transferred to the bank account directly.
To apply for this scheme there is a certain eligibility criterion that has been set. It is important to follow it. This includes:
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Delhi.
- The age of the applicant should be between 18 to 60 years.
- The annual income must not exceed Rs. 1 Lakh income from all sources.
The following documents are required if you are applying for the Delhi widow pension scheme
- Address Proof
- Aadhaar Card
- Death Certificate of husband
- Passport size photograph
- Income proof
- Age Certificate
- Self-declaration certificate
- Bank details
How to apply for Delhi Widow Pension Application Offline
There are no hard and fast rules. All you simply must do is stick to the rules and follow the steps given.
- You firstly must visit the nearest Citizen Service Centre (CSC)
- There will be a Delhi widow pension scheme application form which you can request at the counter
- Fill up all the details asked in the form and then submit it along with the documents requested.
- Once the application form gets forwarded to the designated authority, the verification process shall be issued.
- Once the verification is done, the amount will then be diapered in the beneficiary’s account within a certain time.
How to apply for Pension Scheme Application Online
- In case you don’t want to visit personally and get the application filed with few clicks, it is possible too.
- Firstly, you will have to visit its official website https://edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in/ and go in the user registration where you must create credentials.
- Use the credentials to login and then click on the link that shall further direct you to make the registration.
- Once you click the link, a form will appear on the page where you must fill up all the details and hit the submit button.
- You will then be given fresh credentials of username and password that you can use next time to access the link.
- You will then be taken to the section called pension scheme where there will be another application form which you have till along with the documents to be uploaded and then hit the submit button.
How To Track Application Status
- Now once all the desired application status and forms are filled up you then must:
- Go to the official site where you can see the tab Track Your Application
- Click on the Track Your Application section and check the status of it
Now give all the desired information that is asked on the screen like
- Scheme name
- Applicant name
- Application number
- Captcha code
Once you click on the search button there will be a status displaying on your screen.
The Pension Scheme 2021 process is quite simple. But if still at some point you get stuck up while operating the site, you can get in touch with the technical team support. The team shall help you solve all the concerns otherwise you can even get to the helpline number which is 011-23387715 and 011-23384573.
With an initiative of such a widow pension scheme for the Delhi living women, this certainly is the best approach to show how gender equality matters. There are more such Delhi pension schemes for women than state government-run. However, for all such schemes, the eligibility and document criteria may vary which of course the Delhi government will state when you apply for it.
Questions and answers:
What does Widow Pension Scheme in Delhi mean?
This is a financial assistance scheme for the widow that has been started by the deli government. It is also known as the widow pension.
Can the married woman after her first husband's death avail the benefits of the scheme?
No, the married woman after her first husband's death is not entitled to get the benefits of the scheme.
What exactly was the date when this pension was introduced?
It was 12 December 2018 When Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal introduced this pension.