ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) Recruitment 2020
Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has 55 vacancies for the posts of Scientist/Engineer, Technical Assistant, Technician, Draughtsman, Controller, and several other jobs.
Because of the outbreak of Covid19, the application process has been started, but the last date for applying has not been announced. The written examination and the Interview have also been postponed for a few recruitments.
With its headquarters in Bengaluru, and backed by The Government Of India, The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) is a space agency, and it aims better the space technology for the development of our country.
The dates for the postponed examinations will be announced soon.
- For the recruitment of ISRO SAC -Scientist/ Engineer, Technical Assistant, Technician 'B' - the application is open, and the last date is yet to be announced.
- For the recruitment of Technician-B, Draughtsman-B, and Technical Assistant - the written examinations have been postponed.
- For the recruitment of Scientist/Engineer 'SC' in the fields of Civil, Electrical, Ref & Air-Conditioning and Architecture- the Interview has been postponed.
- The online application process for the recruitment starts on 14th March 2020
- The last date of the online application process is yet to be announced.
- The last date of payment is to be announced as well.
- The examination dates of ISRO are, however, to be announced.
There are a total of 55 vacancies under 'A', 'B', and 'C' posts of ISRO.
- Under the post of Scientist/Engineer SD (Group-A), there are two vacancies.
- Under the post of Scientist/Engineer SC (Group-A), there are 19 vacancies.
- Under the post of Technical Assistant (Group-B), there are six vacancies.
- Under the post of Technician/Draughtsman (Group-C), there are 28 vacancies.
- For the post of Scientist/ Engineer, the minimum age is 18 years, and the maximum period is 35 years.
- For the post of Technical Assistant, the minimum age is 18 years, and the maximum period is 35 years.
- For the post of Technician, the minimum age is 18 years, and the maximum period is 35 years.
- For the job of Hindi Typist, the minimum age is 18 years, and the maximum age is 26 years.
- For the post of a cook, the minimum age is 18 years, and the maximum age is 26 years.
- For SC/ST, a relaxation of 5 years is given.
- For OBC, a recreation of 3 years is provided.
- For Ex-servicemen, a relaxation of 3 years is given.
- In order to be eligible to apply for the post of Scientist/ Engineer, the applicant should have BE/ BTech Degree in Electronics/ Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Electrical/ Instrumentation & Control/ Information & Communication Technology (ICT)/ Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Electrical/ Mechanical/ Civil Engineering with a minimum of 65% marks or CGPA/CPI grading of 6.84 on a ten scale. Or M.E./M.Tech in respective subjects with minimum of 60% marks or CGPA/ CPI grading of 6.5 on a ten scale.
- For the post of Technical Assistant, the applicant should have a Diploma in Electronics / Electronics and Communication/ Mechanical/ Civil/ Electrical Engineering from a recognized institute with a minimum of 65% marks or CGPA/CPI grading of 6.84 on a ten scale.
- For the post of a Technician, the applicant should have a Matric (SSC / SSLC / 10th Class) +ITI/ NTC/ NAC in a particular trade (Fitter, Mechanist, Electrician, Information & Technology, Carpenter, Plumber, Draughtsman, and Lab Assistant)
- For the post of a Hindi Typist, the applicant should be Graduate in Art/ Commerce/ Management/ Computer Application courses.
- For the post of a cook, the applicant should be 10th Pass.
The application fee can be paid in online mode as well as offline mode. In the case of online mode, you will have the option to pay using your Debit Card, Credit Card, or Internet Banking. If you want to pay via the offline mode, you will have to visit the nearest State Bank Of India(SBI) and pay the fees there.
- Generally, The application fee for the UR/OBC/EWS category applicants is Rs. 100/-
- There is no application fee for other categories.
But, according to the ISRO Recruitment 2020, there will be no application fee for any candidates who will apply online.
To get selected, the candidates have to appear for a written test. The candidates, who pass in the written test, further go for the Interview.
- The Arithmetic and Reasoning section consists of 30 marks
- The English part consists of 20 marks.
- The Trade/Discipline section includes 20 marks
- The Descriptive analysis consists of 10 marks
The written test consists of a total of 80 marks.
- The time duration of the written test is 90 minutes.
- Each correct answer holds three marks
- For every incorrect answer, 1/3rd of the scores get deducted.
- The paper is contained in the English language only.
The candidates who clear the written test get called for the Interview. 60% of marks in the Interview are taken into consideration in the final selection of the candidates.
For the posts under Group 'B' & 'C', the skill test will be held in a place of the Interview.
It is mandatory to carry the admit card for the written test. The candidates can download the admit cards from their portal on the official website of ISRO. The admit card only gets issued to the eligible candidates. The candidates will be issued separate admit cards for the written test and the Interview.
- Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC)
- National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC)
- ISRO Inertial Systems Unit (IISU)
- ISRO Propulsion Complex (IPRC)
- Space Applications Centre (SAC)
- Antrix Corporation Limited
- Master Control Facility (MCF)
- ISRO Satellite Centre (ISAC)
- ISRO Telemetry, Tracking and Command Network (ISTRAC)
- Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) SHAR
- Department of Space and ISRO HQ
- Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre (LPSC)
- Laboratory for Electro-Optics Systems (LEOS)
- Development and Educational Communication Unit (DECU)
Application Process for ISRO Recruitment
Step 1: Visit the online portal of ISRO.
Step 2: Scroll down to the page and you will find a 'career' option, click on it, and then select "Centralized Recruitment (ICRB), All location."
Step 3: You will find all the recruitment links of different posts there. Click on your desired post link and then register for the exam. You will have to fill in your personal details and other essential details. Once you fill everything, you will get a registration ID and password.
Step 4: Login by using the ID and password, and then you'll simply have to fill your application form.
Step 5: You will also be required to upload a few essential documents along with your password size photograph and a signature.
Step 6: Once you are done with everything, you will be redirected to the payment portal. Pay the application fee, and you will be given the option to take a print out of the application for the future.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the total number of vacancies for ISRO Recruitment 2020?
The total number of vacancies for ISRO recruitment in 2020 is 55.
Q. What is the last date of applying for ISRO recruitment 2020?
The last date is yet to be announced as it got postponed due to the outbreak of COVID19.
Q. I am 17 years old. Am I eligible to apply for ISRO recruitment 2020?
No, the minimum age to apply for any post under ISRO recruitment is 18 years.
Q. Can I fill the application for ISRO recruitment 2020 in offline mode?
No, the ISRO application form can only 0.be filled in the online mode by visiting the official website of ISRO. Official website- isro.gov.in
Q. What is the application fee for ISRO recruitment 2020?
There is no application fee for ISRO recruitment in 2020 for the online mode.