- Amid Covid-19 outbreak, nearly 17,715 unemployed youth have bagged jobs in Maharashtra through the online employment workshops and MahaSwayam portal run by the Department of Skill Development, Employment and Entrepreneurship.
- The portal was launched in 2017 by former chief minister Devendra Fadnavis. The web portal 'Mahaswayam' caters to job seekers, employers, entrepreneurs, and training institutes who can avail details regarding skill development and employment.
- But, earlier in July this year, the Uddhav Thackeray-led Maharashtra government had in July launched another new job portal named 'MahaJob'. The state government's MahaJobs portal aims to make available job opportunities to the 'sons of the soil' or domiciled persons. But the state government had forgotten that a similar job portal is already existing called 'MahaSwayam'.
About Registration 2021
Entrepreneurship, Employment, and Skill Development are available at one point. This will also be beneficial for the applicants as well as for Employers. Before grabbing an opportunity under the Mahaswayam Portal 2021 online. Interested candidates need to make a login first. The target of the Maharashtra govt is to make the state more developed by increasing the number of employed candidates. Become a part of this portal, online registration is already started by the concerned department.
About Mahaswayam Portal
Mahaswayam Portal is an effort by the Government of Maharashtra to bring together students, youth, employers, trainers, entrepreneurs and job seekers all under one umbrella. Mahaswayam portal has been developed by the Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Department to integrate the skill-related activities in Maharashtra with Entrepreneurship and Jobs for providing a unique platform to all the stakeholders. This portal will give a single interface to all the stakeholders to get information related to the Skill Training, Job vacancies and Entrepreneurship development programs. In this article, we will look at Mahaswayam Portal in detail.
The objective of the Mahaswayam Portal
To make our country the human resource capital of the world, the Government of Maharashtra has set up a target of generating 4.5 crores of skilled manpower by 2022. To achieve this target, forty-five lakh of skilled manpower will be needed to be produced every year by the state for ten years. As part of this measure, the Government has introduced Mahaswayam Portal. Under this effort, various schemes have been launched as described below:
Directorate of Skill Development, Employment and Entrepreneurship
- The Directorate of Skill Development, Employment and Entrepreneurship is formed to facilitate employment and to provide self-employment guidance for the Maharashtra youth to enhance their incomes, thus promoting inclusive growth.
- Under this program, job fairs have regularly been conducted since 2007 for job seekers and employers by the DSDE&E.
- Registered entrepreneurs and employers with DSDE&E can participate in these job fairs. The job seeker will get the spot employment and the employer can get suitable manpower immediately through the job fairs.
- Note: DSDE&E scheme is applicable in all the districts of Maharashtra.
Employment Promotion Programme (EPP)
- Employment Promotion Programme (EPP) aims to enhance the skills of the youth and make them employable as per the market requirement. EPP is a stipendiary scheme.
- Employment Promotion Programme (EPP) of Maharashtra Government is a scheme to provide job training for Job Seekers for acquisition and up-gradation of the skill and experience in the private sector for experienced as well as un-experienced Job Seekers.
Self Employment Scheme
The Maharashtra government has introduced various self-employment schemes to reduce the unemployment intensity in the state. In this context, this self-employment web portal has been developed for self-financing and the effective implementation of self-employment loan schemes.
Facilities available for candidates on Mahaswayam Portal
Corporation’s plan for candidates of different departments.
Find the right self-employment plan according to the eligibility of the candidate.
Candidates need to fill out self-employment loans online.
Loan eligibility, terms and conditions, loan sanction, loan documents etc. Information
To check the status of the deposited application online, look for the loan repayment status.
More than 250 sample projects are available on the web portal.
Calculate interest payments (EMI calculator).
Helpline to solve problems of candidates
Annasaheb Patil Arthik Vikas Mahamandal Maryadit
To support the economically backward communities for providing entrepreneurship and self-employment opportunities with the Annasaheb Patil Arthik-Magas Vikas Mahamandal Maryadit was formulated in 1998. In the year 2000, the Maharashtra Government announced a scheme for self-employment and employment which was utterly a state-funded scheme.
The objective of Annasaheb Patil Arthik
To enable them to reach economically backward, especially to the unemployed youth.
Making the scheme available for employment and self-employment opportunities.
To develop socio-economic development of financially backward communities
Skill Development Mission – Mahaswayam Portal
- To achieve this Skill Development Mission in Maharashtra, Maharashtra State Skill Development Society has been registered in 2011 under the Societies Registration Act.
- The Society is formed under the chairmanship of the Chief Secretary and is the Single Nodal Agency for planning, coordination, execution and monitoring of Skill Development initiative of Maharashtra Government
- This society is functioning under the Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Departments
- All the skill development schemes of various Maharashtra Government departments will be integrated and implemented via active coordination under the single umbrella of this society.
Key functions of society
Prepare the Maharashtra State Skill Gap Assessment Report & Skill Development Action Plan.
Support State Department & District Skill Development Committees in the formulation and implementation of the Annual Skill Development Plan
Empanel & ensure suitable accreditation & graduation of the public & private skill training providers and conduct a concurrent assessment of training providers to ensure the quality of training.
It provides support and assistance to the Directorate of Employment and Self-Employment in establishing a dynamic Labour Market Information System and launching the stakeholder’s web portal.
Implementation of innovative skill development programs.
The government is conducting support counselling activities, awareness and guidance programs for the workforce in the unorganised sector.
Mahaswayam Portal Login 2021
Employment Portal 2021 consist of 3 parts :
Firstly, job opportunities for the youth.
Secondly, Improvement of expertise.
And last is Independent work.
Through this online portal, many people are getting benefits. All the job opportunities given on the portal are based on skills development. As companies are looking for good candidates. And somehow eligible candidates are not able to get good jobs for them. So that they can also support their family. With the help of the Mahaswayam portal, companies can also find aspirants who can share the workload.
Around 40,000 job seekers participated in the online fairs conducted across the state in the last three months at 'Mahaswayam'. On the 'Mahaswayam' portal, job seekers will be able to register themselves, search as well as apply for jobs, inquire for training, get information on self-employment and get details of job fairs. With the help of a job, the candidate can be independent. and also they can support their family too. But without a job, it is difficult to survive. That is why the government came into support. And providing assistance to the needy unemployed youth. On this portal, both the company and unemployed candidates can register. After that, whenever any job vacancy came in existence related to your profile. Then you will get an automated message from the portal. This message you received on the registered mobile number.
Questions and Answers
How to apply on the MahaSwayam portal?
1. Visit the official website: https://rojgar.mahaswayam.gov.in
2. Here candidates can search for relevant jobs from the List of Jobs by entering their skills/education/district. However, to apply for a job, job seekers will first have to MahaSwayam register at the online portal.
3. New candidates will have to click the “Register” tab under the “Jobseeker Login” section.
4. A New Jobseeker Registration Form will appear
5. candidates should fill in the necessary details.
6. Once the form is filled, candidates can click the “Register” button to complete the Mahaswayam Employment Registration Process.
7. After all the steps are completed, candidates will get Mahaswayam registration id and password through which job-seekers can make login and apply for new jobs.
How does the process of Job Seeker Registration in Mahaswayam Portal work?
Select the Job Seeker Registration option; the application form will be displayed:
Step 1: Kindly fill in personal details as in Aadhaar Card.
Step 2: The system will validate Aadhaar details and send you OTP on mobile.
Step 3: Validate your mobile number using OTP.
Step 4: Add other details and set a password to complete your registration process
How does the process of Mahaswayam Jobseeker Login work?
- Before doing registration. Applicants need to make a login id on the portal.
- And by providing details only you can register as a job seeker here.
- Firstly, visit the Official Link given for the portal.
- Then you reached the home page. So, go to the Employment option given on the main menu.
- Now on the right side, you can also see the Jobseeker Login Box too.
- So you need to click on the Register tab available here.
- A new page has opened on your screen. Then fill in the details asked in it. Such as the First Name,
- Last Name,
- Tick mark on the box (I have the last name in Aadhar Card ),
- Middle Name,
- Aadhar ID,
- Mobile Number,
- Captcha Code,
- Click on the Next button for further procedures. Also, you have to provide details for Skill details, Educational details also.
- Then you need to make a username and password with the help of login.
- Through this Login id and password, Login on the portal first.