PMGDISHA - Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan
PMGDisha is a scheme or step taken to make six crore people in rural areas across States, digitally literate by reaching around 40% of the rural households and by covering one member from every family. It aims to empower the citizens in rural areas by training them to operate computer or digital access devices for enabling them to use the Information Technology and related applications especially Digital payments which can actively help in the process of nation-building.
ELIGIBILITYThe scheme of Digital Literacy is applicable only for the people of rural areas of the country. The eligibility for the same is given below-Household Eligibility- a household, in other words, is a unit which comprises of Head of family, spouse, children and parents. All those household in which none of the family members is digitally literate is considered as eligible under the scheme.
- The person applying for the scheme must be digitally illiterate
- Only one person from a household will be considered eligible for the training
- The age group of the person applying for the scheme must be between 14-60 years
Priority criteriaThough PMGDisha is available for all those households who fulfil the eligibility criteria there is also a priority list and the candidates that fall under the list are the one who gets preference over the one who does not fall under the list.
- Preference is given to the non-smartphone users, adult literacy mission candidates, Antyodaya households and college drop-outs
- The school students from class 9th to 12th who are digitally illiterate and the facility of computer/ICT Training was not available at their school.
- Preference will be given to specially-abled people, minorities, women, SC, ST and BPL
- CSC-SPV in active collaboration with DeGS, Gram Panchayats and Block Development officers will carry out the process of identification of the beneficiaries and the list of which will be made available on the scheme portal.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCEThe candidates are asked to pay a fee of INR 300 which is meant for the training they undertake. The training partner is to be paid this sum through CSC. The outcome received will get the partners paid. There is a need for DEGs Input for it. The complete process will include the making of digital payments, opening of a digital locker, booking tickets or even sending e-mails, etc. INR 70 will be paid to the registered certifying agency for every candidate as for the examination fee or the certification cost for the certification and the assessments. The states and the Union territories will be receiving INR 2 per candidate for the monitoring of the scheme and taking care of all the overhead costs.
TRAINING PROCESSFor providing the training to the candidates under pmgdisha a maximum period of 30 days and a minimum period of 10 days is allotted with a training program for 20 hours.
Learning OutcomesDuring the program, the candidates will be taught the following digital methods or knowledge by video-assisted training given by the trainer on the basis of digital literacy and digital payment.
- Understanding the basics of terminology, navigation and functionality of digital devices
- Use of digital devices to access, create, manage and share information
- Use of internet for browsing effectively and responsibly
- Use of technology to effective communication
- Use and appreciate the role of digital technology in everyday life, in social life and at work
- Use of digital financial tools like USSD/UPI/eWallet/AEPS/Card/PoS for carrying out cashless transactions
- Use of digital locker and online citizen-centric services
- To make the candidates familiar about the online examination, the periodic assessment will be conducted by the trainer
- The trainers provide demonstrations to the candidates about the content and the hardware components of the digital devices.
TRAINING PARTNERSPMGDISHA scheme allows entities like NGOs/Institutions/Corporates who desires to provide digital literacy training as a training partner with CSC-SPV when they fulfil the prescribed norm. The norms for the Same are-
- A training partner must be registered in India as an organisation, conducting business in the domain of education/IT literacy for not less than three years and must also have the audited statement of accounts for at least last three years along with Permanent IncomeTax Account Number.
- The organisation or the institute that wants to be a training partner must be registered under any act of law in India as a company must be registered with Registrar of Companies and society must be registered with the Registrar of Societies and so on.
- The training partner must have clearly defined well-documented processes, objectives and the procedures that cover the entire range of education/IT literacy training.
Role of Training PartnersA training partner needs to perform the following responsibilities under the scheme-
- A training partner must be responsible enough to have or appoint the Training Centres in the Blocks/Identified Districts/Gram Panchayats that can impart digital literacy training to the beneficiaries
- A training partner must be responsible and liable for accurately and timely reporting of the aforementioned work ascribed to the centres
- A training partner is accountable for monitoring the overall working of the centres that fall under its purview
- A training partner must be responsible enough to see that the training centres adhere to the PMGDISHA requirements.
Documents RequiredThe followings documents are required to be presented by an institution or organisation to become a training partner-
- A certificate of Registration must be presented
- A proof needs to presented which shows their prior experience in education/IT Literacy
- A list of a minimum of 10 training centres needs to be presented with complete details as per the format provided by the PMU
- A PAN card photocopy along with IT return of the last three years
- An audited balance sheet of at least the last three years needs to be presented
- The bank account details of the organisation/NGO/institute/trust etc needs to be presented along with a copy of cancelled cheque
- If required a Recognition certificate needs to be presented
- An affidavit attested by Notary according to the format available on the portal
PMGDISHA ONLINE REGISTRATION
Students Registration ProcessStep1: Open the website //www.pmgdisha.in/ and log in by entering your id and password PMGDisha Step2: Now, click on add student option or simply start “student registration”Step3: The name of the candidate is required to enrol now along with “Adhaar card fingerprint”Step4: Click on the option of ADD. Once you did this you can start your training at PMGDISHA and you can conduct PMGDISHA exams.
Training Centre Registration Process
- If you have a place to start a training centre you need to apply online for the PMGDISHA franchise
- Now submit your documents like PAN card, Centre photos and your Aadhar card
- As the process is of the government sector so it may time for about a month d. Once you get the franchise you can start registering and training the students who are willing to be a student.