What is CSC?
CSC or as we commonly know it as Common service center is an ICT or Information and communication technology access point. It is created under a scheme which is crafted by the government of India. This project is presented to the public by the name of National e-Governance Project. The main aim and purpose of this project is to enhance the usage of wireless communication among the masses. We can access CSC through our Computer which must be connected to a working Internet connection. To breakdown CSC’s origin we can say that common service center is essentially a kiosk that is powered by a personal computer. This is a very helpful tool which is created under the supervision of Indian Government and it is useful in providing multimedia content to a variety of fields such as Education, health, entertainment, e-governance, telemedicine, and other private as well as governmental services.
List of CSC services that you can provide to citizens
With CSC services into the picture, interacting with government and their policies have become quite easy and effective. There are experts working behind these common service centers that help citizens with a variety of services which more or less come to the point of being related to the government. Following are the list of services that you can provide to citizens with the help of CSC:
Business to consumers (B2C): these are the services that are oriented towards citizens with an origin at governmental institutes:
- IRCTC, Bus and Air ticket services
- English speaking course
- E-commerce sales (Household, electronics, Books etc.)
- CSC Bazaar
- Online Cricket Course
- Mobile and DTH recharge
- Agricultural services
Government to consumers (G2C): these services are a combination of basic services that are offered by the government to the consumers:
- Insurance Services
- Services of Department of Post
- Premium Collection Services of LIC, SBI, ICICI Prudential, AVIVA DHFL and Other Insurance Companies
- Digitize India
- E-Nagrik & E- District Services (Birth/Death Certificate)
- IHHL Project of MoUD (Swachh Bharat)
- Pension Services
- NIOS Registration
- Electoral Services
- Apollo Telemedicine
- PAN Card
- NIELIT Services
- E-Courts and Results Services
- State Electricity and Water Bill Collection Services
- Aadhar Printing and Enrollment
3. Educational services: CSC offers various literacy services for various age groups. There are projects that see into each age groups progress separately. Adult Literacy is offered through TARA Akshar+. IGNOU is also powered by CSC now. NIELIT services and NIOS services are also a part of CSC’s service reach.
4. Other services: CSC also offers several other services such as Recruitment, Agriculture, Income Tax filling etc.
Eligibility for CSC registration
Since CSC is a project of the government, its registration is not much typical compared to registering into registrations into other service projects. Several criterions that are specified by the government for the CSC Registration eligibility are:
- For the participator:
- Age: the applicant must have completed the age of 18 years by the commencement of upcoming year. This age has to be proved by documents such as Driving license or Birth Certificate.
- Qualifications: There is not much boundation when it comes to the qualification criteria for CSC registration. All that a person needs is a qualification of having a passing certificate of Matriculation level or any other course equivalent to Matriculation level from any recognised board.
- Other requirements: some other requirements for CSC Registration are Basic knowledge of English language, Basic knowledge of computer skills, fluency in reading and writing of their native language.
Infrastructure required for CSC registration
Similar to the terms of a person’s eligibility there are set rules about the Infrastructure which is required for a CSC registration.
- A Room/Building having an empty space of 100-150 Sq. Ft.
- Atleast Two Printers. (Inkjet + Dot Matrix)
- All the RAMs that are used in the builds must have the minimum storage capacity of 512 MB
- Hard Disc Drives with a capacity of at least 120 GB are required on each build
- A Web Cam/Digital camera is required on each computer.
- Wireless/Wired/V-SAT Connectivity should be available at the prescribed location
- IRIS/Biometric Authentication Scanner for all the Banking Services and transaction.
- CD/DVD Drive to access the data stored in respective devices.
How to register on Apna CSC
The registration process of Apna CSC starts with completing the eligibility of the above mentioned criteria. Once a candidate manages to satisfy all these requirements they gain the opportunity to submit their registration proposal to the CSC’s official panel.
Step By Step Guide
The process of registration on Apna CSC is as follows:
Step 1: Open the CSC portal which is www.csc.gov.in
Step 2: Once the portal opens up click on the link with the text “Interested to become a CSC” which you can easily find on the left side of the page.
Step 3: After that, click on the highlighted link “For CSC Registration, Click Here”
Step 4: A window will open up after the above step where you are required to enter your Aadhar details.
Step 5: after this you have to complete the Authentication process. You have to choose among the options of authenticating through Finger Print / IRIS / OTP (One time password)
Step 6: Choosing either of these will help to get the details from the archives of Aadhar portal and all the details regarding your personal information will be filled up automatically.
Step 7: Now you are supposed to upload Images of geo-tagged centers.
Step 8: Now you are all good to go, just click on Submit and your application will be submitted
So, this is how you can do the registration at register.csc.gov.in, this CSC portal can also be used for CSC re-registration. This is a very effective tool of getting the governmental services through CSC online.