Rajasthan Old Age Pension Yojana
The scheme of Rajasthan Old Age Pension Yojana was inaugurated on Second July 2021 and its guidelines got an update on Twenty-third April 2021 as per the new changing situation.
The administration of the state Rajasthan undertook the scheme to assist the elderly citizens of the state because, in many countries, the old people don't have any source of income or are abandoned by their families so the government came up with the scheme to help them with a monetary subsidy as pensions.
The idea behind the policy was to provide financial assistance per month to various categories of people such as old people, widows, divorced citizens, etc so that they can live their life without any hassle.
Features regarding the scheme of Rajasthan Old Age Pension Yojana Scheme
- People who are old aged, widows, divorced, etc can apply for the scheme. The age of the women applying under the elderly pension criteria should be above fifty-five years and the age of men applying should be above the age of fifty-eight years.
- Citizens belonging to the caste such as scheduled caste, scheduled tribe, general caste, and other backward classes can appeal for the policy and get themselves registered under It to avail the benefits.
- The amount decided as subsidy for men ranging from the age of fifty-eight years to seventy-five years would be accountable for rupees seven hundred and fifty, previously their amount was fixed at rupees five hundred and now it has increased.
- The annual income of the individual or its family's income should be below the poverty line and there should be no other source of permanent income for the individual. Only the people from economically distressed families can apply for the scheme.
- Similarly, the amount decided as subsidy for women ranging from the age of fifty-five years to seventy-five years was previously decided to allow the number of rupees five hundred but now it has increased and agreed for rupees seven hundred and fifty per month.
- The amount decided as monthly pension for both men and female aging above seventy-five years is decided at rupees one thousand. Previously the amount allotted to them was rupees seven hundred and fifty.
Benefits regarding the scheme of Rajasthan Old Age Pension Yojana Scheme
- Recently the monthly pension amount has been increased by the administration of the state Rajasthan under the scheme's updated guidelines.
- Also, the people belonging to different castes can now apply to the Rajasthan Old Age Pension Yojana Scheme because almost all caste categories are held as eligible for the scheme.
- The scheme would benefit the old people who cannot afford their loving and would support them for their financial needs.
- The documents required for the scheme are also very limited so that the individual can apply without any difficulty.
- The scheme particularly deals with individuals who belong to distressed families and getting registered under the scheme, would uplift their living standards.
- The scheme's working is mostly done digitally which omits errors and ensures that the scheme is free from any bias. The digital working also makes the scheme process fast avoiding delays.
- The pension amount is directly transferred to the applicant's bank account and they can access it anytime they want making the procedure convenient.
Eligibility criteria for enrolling in the scheme of the Rajasthan Old Age Pension Yojana Scheme
To get eligible for the scheme, the individual should fit into certain criteria. And if the individual passed the eligibility test, then he/she can go ahead and avail of the scheme's benefits.
- To be eligible, the first required for the applicant should be that he/she should be a permanent citizen of the state Rajasthan as this scheme has been launched by the Rajasthan administration and is limited up to its state only.
- The second requirement which is stated under the scheme's guidelines is that the individual should not be engaged with any kind of the permanent basis of earnings as the scheme works to assist only the people who are in need and are helpless.
- The third prerequisite is age eligibility as women above the age of fifty-five years and men above the age of fifty-eight years can only avail of the scheme's benefits.
- The fourth regulation is that the individual applying should be from distressed families or in other words, their family income should be below the poverty line to access the policy.
- The fifth and the last eligibility criteria are regarding the castes. It states that the applicant belonging from general caste, scheduled tribe, scheduled caste, and other backward classes can apply for the scheme.
Documents required for enrolling in the scheme of the Rajasthan Old Age Pension Yojana Scheme
While filling out the application form, the applicant is required to submit a certain set of crucial documents along with the form.
- First, the documents regarding the identification or Aadhar card are the most crucial papers amongst all.
- Second, the documents stating citizenship as only the citizens from the state Rajasthan can apply for the scheme.
- Third, the certificate regarding the age should be attached as only the old people are eligible to attain the scheme's benefits as the women above the age of fifty-five and men above the age of fifty-eight can apply for the policy.
- Fourth, the applicant should also carry a passport size photo as the photo needs to be pasted on the right top corner of the application form and it is mandatory to attach the picture.
- Fifth, the bank passbook details should also be provided by the applicant to the government department so that the authority could directly transfer the pension amount to the applicant's account.
- Sixth, the documents stating the annual income of the applicant should also be provided to cross-check and evaluate the eligibility of the individual.
- Seventh, the caste should be also specified by handing out the certificate giving the proof.
- Eight, the other details such as mobile number, the email id, the area details, etc should be referred.
How to register and fill up the application form of the Rajasthan Old Age Pension Yojana Scheme
- For getting registered, the applicant should stop in the authorized website of the Rajasthan Old Age Pension Yojana Scheme rajssp.raj.nic.in.
- From the homepage of the website, there would be a pop-up page on which all the necessary details should get filled up like the name of the user, age, citizenship, mobile number, email address, caste, etc. After filling up these details the system would send the verification code to the mentioned mobile number through the message to continue. After stating that code on the website, a username and a password would be allotted to the applicant and after this, their username would get registered.
- If the applicant is eligible then he/she can go ahead and up the application form. For filling it up, the applicant needs to again visit the authorized website of the Rajasthan Old Age Pension Yojana Scheme. From the cover page of the scheme, the user needs to log in through their registered username id and password.
- After logging in, the user can check up on the page and read out the eligibility criteria or guidelines to cross-check it.
- To access and get enrolled in the scheme, the user should fill up the application form.
- On the home page, on the top right corner, there would be an option with a symbol of three dots. From that option, the application form would get opened then it needs to be downloaded.
- After getting it downloaded the form needs to be printed out from any nearby print shop for filling up the details.
- After filling up the details, the form should be scanned and then it can be submitted on the website or mail it on the authorized mail id of the scheme.
1) Necessary documents should be also attached while submitting the form.
2) rajssp.raj.nic.in is the official website of the Rajasthan Old Age Pension Yojana Scheme.
The helpline contacts number of the Rajasthan Old Age Pension Yojana Scheme
If the individual is facing any issue, then he/she can ring up the number of the policy which is
They can also write up a mail and send it to the authorized mail id of the scheme. The address of the email is [email protected].
The applicant can also browse the official website of the scheme and check up on the common queries mentioned there, the official website is rajssp.raj.nic.
1 Q) What is the objective of the scheme Rajasthan Old Age Pension Yojana?
A. The main objective of the program of Rajasthan Old Age Pension Yojana is to offer a monthly pension to all of the state's oldster, authorizing them to meet their monetary needs and live comfortably
2 Q) When was the scheme of Rajasthan Old Age Pension Yojana inaugurated, did its guidelines get an update if yes then when?
A. The scheme of Rajasthan Old Age Pension Yojana was inaugurated on Second July 2021 and yes, it's guidelines got an update on Twenty-third April 2021.
3 Q) What is the monthly pension amount decided under the scheme of Rajasthan Old Age Pension Yojana by the government?
A. Rupees seven hundred and fifty is decided for the women aging above fifty-five years and for men aging above fifty-eight years as the monthly pension under the scheme of Rajasthan Old Age Pension Yojana by the government. Rupees one thousand is the amount fixed for both the men and women aging above seventy-five years.
4 Q) What set of caste categories are eligible to avail the benefits of the scheme Rajasthan Old Age Pension Yojana by the government?
A. Merely almost all set of caste categories such as general caste, scheduled caste, scheduled tribe, and other backward classes caste are eligible to avail the benefits of the scheme Rajasthan Old Age Pension Yojana by the government.