UPSC EPFO Recruitment 2020
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts some examinations in the country. The recruitment for the posts of Enforcement Officer/ Accounts Officer (EO/AO) in Employees' Provident Fund Organization is one such exam. This is the UPSC EPFO examination. The date which was earlier scheduled to be on 4 October 2020 has now been postponed. The new date will be announced on the website soon.
The UPSC EPFO examination this year has a total of 421 vacancies. All candidates who are interested need to apply for the exam by 31 January 2020. The candidates are selected for the post based on the recruitment test, which is followed by an interview. It also depends on the number of applications received by the Commission. The selected candidates will have permanent posts and can be placed in the 8th Pay Matrix Level of the 7th CPC, General Central Service Group B, Non- Ministerial. Also, any students who have completed their graduate studies can apply. The mode of examination is pen and paper.
As we know, there are 421 vacancies for the post of Enforcement Officer. Here is a list of the vacancies category wise for reservation.
- There are 168 vacancies for Unreserved category
- There are 33 vacancies for ST category
- There are 62 vacancies for SC category
- There are 116 vacancies for OBC category
- There are 42 vacancies for EWS category
The eligibility criteria to appear in a UPSC EPFO examination are nationality, age limit, and education. Let's break this down further.
The candidate must be a citizen of India or could be any of these-
- A subject of Nepal/ Bhutan
- A refugee of Tibet who is permanently residing in India since 1962.
- An Indian origin person who has permanently resided in India from countries like Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Burma, and East Africa countries.
The candidate must be a maximum of 30 years old.
The candidate must possess a degree of their bachelor's of any subject. However, candidates with these degrees are most likely to be preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Law
- Integrated Five Years Degree in Law
- Masters in Business Administration
- Post Graduate Degree in Management
- Company Secretary
- Chartered Accountant
- Cost and Management Accountant
Also, an experience of two years in Administration, Accountants, Legal Matters in any government or private organization is preferable.
- General English
- Social Security in India
- Industrial Relations and Labour Laws
- Current Events and Developmental Issues
- Indian Polity and Economy
- General Mental Ability and Quantitative Aptitude
- Indian Freedom Struggle
- General science and knowledge of Computer Applications
- General Accounting Principles
- The recruitment test will be of multiple-choice questions.
- The test will be an overall of 120 minutes.
- Every question carries the same amount of marks.
- For every wrong answer, there is a negative marking of 1/3rd of the assigned marks.
- No penalty is assigned for an unanswered question.
- The mode of test can be taken in English or Hindi.
The selection for UPSC EPFO is a weightage in the ratio of 75:25. 75% is an MCQ based recruitment examination. If a candidate's score is higher than the cut-off for the recruitment test, he/ she must appear for the interview. The cut-off score changes every year. 25% of selection depends on how well your interview goes.
UPSC EPFO Results
A link will be activated for the checking of results which will showcase the selected candidate's name. The candidate must find their name and roll number in the list. If the candidate's name appears, he/she is qualified. The candidate can also check for the results on the official website and click for the final result and check for their name in the list.
If you get to clear the examination, here are a few documents you will need to present in the interview.
- Your X standard certificate as your 10th result mark sheet.
- Your degree certificate or equivalent diploma certificate showing you are qualified with your bachelor's.
- Certificates from the heads of any organizations or departments you have worked under to view your experience.
- Caste certificate indicating if you come under any caste of SC/ ST or OBC.
- If you are a physically disabled candidate, you must appear with that certificate as well.
- If you are a candidate whose name is changed after 10th, marriage or remarriage, the necessary name changing certificate is also required.
- Any necessary changes made regarding you must be provided in a prescribed format.
So, any candidate who has graduated their bachelor's or is interested in Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) can appear for the exam and be recruited for the post of Enforcement Officer/ Accounts Officer (EO/AO) in Employees' Provident Fund Organization. The UPSC EPFO examination has a vacancy of 421 seats, and the selected candidates can come under the 8th Pay Matrix Level of the 7th CPC. If you are a citizen of India, under the age of 30, and have a bachelor's degree, you can appear for this test. The application fee Rs 25/- but is free of cost for females, SC, ST, OBC categories. The overall weightage of the test is 75:25 ratios, and any candidate who passes the recruitment test appears for the interview.
Application Process for UPSC EPFO Recruitment 2020
The candidates can apply for the examination online with the following steps:
1. Visit the official website for UPSC online recruitment
2. Click on 'Enforcement Officer/Accounts Officer under the Employees' Provident Fund Organization, Ministry of Labor and Employment' link.
3. A page with application links will be listed.
4. Fill the details in part I and part II to complete the application process.
The application fee is Rs 0/- for any candidate who is a female or SC/ST/PH category. Candidates who do not fall into this category must pay an application fee of Rs 25/-
Once admitted for the exam, the UPSC will release an e-admit card on their website 10-15 days before the exam.
A link will be provided to download the admit card.
Click on the link for the admit card for the said post.
Type your login credentials.
The candidate's e-admit card will appear.
Take a print on clean white paper.
For further details, you can have a look at their official website: https://www.upsc.gov.in/
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How many vacancies are available for the UPSC EPFO 2020 exam?
There are a total of 421 vacancies.
Q. What is the application fee of UPSC EPFO?
Rs 25/- in general but Rs 0/- for females/ SC/ ST/ OBC.
Q. What is the selection process of UPSC EPFO?
The recruitment test followed by an interview.
Q. How to apply for the UPSC EPFO 2020 exam?
The candidates can apply online in an application.
Q. When is the last date to apply for the UPSC EPFO 2020 examination?
The last date to apply is 31 January 2020.