Delhi Marriage Registration Yojana
Overview of the scheme
Delhi Marriage Registration Yojana has been launched by the administration of Delhi. The scheme was inaugurated on the twenty-second of April, 2014.
The policy was introduced for all married couples, as the administration made it mandatory for the married couple to hold the marriage certificate.
The marriage certificate is one of the most important documents as various other paper works are linked towards it.
Now through the scheme, people can access the certificate easily with convenience. This applies to both the newly married and the case of the couple who got married earlier but don't have the certificate regarding it.
Features regarding the scheme of the Delhi Marriage Registration Yojana Policy
- The scheme of the Delhi Marriage Registration Yojana Policy covers up to two acts of marriage as per the Indian Constitution laws. First is the marriage done according to the Hindu principles in which both the bride and the groom belong to the Hindu community caste, second is the wedding which is conducted based on a special marriage act and in which the individuals belong to all the other caste groups except the Hindus.
- The application form cost one hundred rupees to the individuals belonging to the Hindu marriage act category. Rupees one hundred and fifty is the amount for the application form which needs to be paid by the applicants under the Special marriage act.
- After filling up the application form, the selected candidate list would get published on the official site of the scheme. Separate lists for both the Hindus and Special category would be uploaded. However, the list for Hindu selected candidates would get announced within fifteen days of filling the form and for the Special category list, it would take around sixty days.
Eligibility criteria for enrolling in the scheme of the Delhi Marriage Registration Yojana Policy
To get eligible for the scheme, the individual should fit into certain criteria. And if the individual passed the eligibility test, then he/she can go ahead and avail of the scheme's benefits.
- To be eligible, the first requirement for the applicant should be that he/she should be a permanent citizen of the city Delhi as this scheme has been launched by the Delhi administration and is limited up to its area only.
- The second requirement which is stated under the scheme's guidelines is that the individual should not already have the marriage registration certificate as the scheme works to assist only the people who need the certificate and are helpless.
- The third prerequisite is age eligibility as women above the age of eighteen years and men above the age of twenty-one years can only avail of the scheme's benefits. The reason for this is that the administration doesn't appreciate the individuals under the age of eighteen and twenty-one years old because child marriages are banned.
- The fourth regulation is that the individual applying should be from distressed families or in other words, their family income should be below the poverty line to access the policy.
- The fifth criteria for enrolling are that the applicant should have been married to issue the certificate regarding it.
- The seventh eligibility criteria which an individual should make sure of is that he/she should not have backside any payments previously with any of the Indian registered banks. Hence the applicant applying should be a liable inhabitant.
- The eighth criterion to get eligible is that the individuals should bring a spectator who was present at the time of their marriage to give a word on it. If the marriage was done according to the Hindu principles, then two spectators would be required to be present at the government department. If the marriage was done based on any other principles, then three spectators would be required to be attending.
- The ninth and the last eligibility criteria are regarding the castes. It states that the applicant belonging from general caste, scheduled tribe, scheduled caste, and other backward classes can apply for the scheme.
How to register and fill up the application form regarding the Scheme of Delhi Marriage Registration Yojana:
For getting registered, the applicant should analyze the eligibility test and analyze whether they're applicable for the policy or not, and if they're eligible then they can stop in the authorized website of the scheme Delhi Marriage Registration Yojana edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in.
From the homepage of the website, there would be a pop-up page on which all the necessary details should get filled up like the name of the user, age, citizenship, mobile number, email address, caste, etc. After filling up these details the system would send the verification code to the mentioned mobile number through the message to continue. After stating that code on the website, a username and a password would be allotted to the applicant and after this, their username would get registered.
- If the applicant is eligible then he/she can go ahead and up the application form. To fill it up, the applicant needs to again visit the authorized website of the Delhi Marriage Registration Yojana Policy. From the cover page of the scheme, the user needs to log in through their registered username id and password.
- After logging in, the user can check up on the page and read out the eligibility criteria or guidelines to cross-check it.
- To access and get enrolled in the scheme, the user should fill up the application form.
- On the home page, on the top right corner, there would be an option with a symbol of three dots. From that option, the application form would get opened then it needs to be downloaded.
- After getting it downloaded the form needs to be printed out from any nearby print shop for filling up the details.
- After filling up the details, the form should be scanned and then it can be submitted on the website or mail it on the authorized mail id of the scheme.
If the applicant wishes to fill the application form through the offline mode then he/she can visit any nearby government scheme-orientated ed department. From there, they would get a hard copy of the form from the government clerk present there.
The form then needs to be filled with all the crucial details and then it should be handed out along with the necessary documents.
Note: -1) Necessary documents should be also attached while submitting the form.
2)edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in is the official website of the Delhi Marriage Registration Yojana Scheme.
Process of tracking the filled application form status of the individual
- If the individual has filled the application form regarding the Delhi marriage registration certificate and wants to check the status of his/her form then they first need to visit the official website of Delhi Marriage Registration Yojana edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in.
- After the site gets loaded, the applicant needs to click on the application form option which would be shown on the top right corner of the homepage.
- To access the application form option, the applicant needs to fill up certain details such as user id, application form number, pin code of the area, password, etc.
- After that, there would be another option regarding the track of it. That option needs to be accessed.
- Now the applicant can check the status of the form.
Documents required for enrolling in the scheme of Delhi Marriage Registration Yojana Policy
*These documents are required by the scheme from the side of the bride, groom, and the spectator
While filling out the application form, the applicant is required to submit a certain set of crucial documents along with the form.
- First, the documents regarding the identification or Aadhar card are the most crucial papers amongst all.
- Second, the documents stating citizenship as only the inhabitants from the city Delhi can apply for the scheme of Delhi Marriage Registration Yojana.
- Third, the certificate regarding the age should be attached as only the people who are eligible to attain the scheme's benefits are the women above the age of eighteen years old and men above the age of twenty-one years old can certainly apply for the scheme.
- Fourth, the applicant should also carry a passport size photo as the photo needs to be pasted on the right top corner of the application form and it is mandatory to attach the picture.
- Fifth, the bank passbook details should also be provided by the applicant to the government department so that the authority could directly transfer the respective amount to the applicant's account.
- Sixth, the documents stating the annual income of the applicant should also be provided to cross-check and evaluate the eligibility of the individual.
- Seventh, the caste should be also specified by handing out the certificate stating the concerning proof.
- Eight, the document verifying their marriage such as marriage card, pictures, or other statements should be positively submitted to avail the benefits.
- Ninth, the documents such as the driving license can be also handed out through this certificate is not mandatory.
- Tenth, the details regarding the permanent account number should be specified.
- Eleventh, the bills of electricity, water or telephone can also be submitted. These statements are optional documents.
- Twelfth, the statements regarding the applicant's education should be recommended to the department such as the degree certificate, report cards, etc.
- Thirteenth, the voter identification card is mandatory to defer as this is identification proof.
- Fourteenth, if the applicant is a divorcee, then the statement documents regarding the event are compulsory and in the case of a widow or the widower, the same needs to be followed which is handing out the proof papers regarding it.
- Fifteenth, the other details such as mobile number, the email id, the area details, etc should be referred.
The helpline contact number the scheme of Delhi Marriage Registration Yojana Policy
If the individual is facing any issue, then he/she can ring up the number of the policy which is
They can also write up a mail and send it to the authorized mail id of the scheme. The address of the email is [email protected].
The applicant can also browse the official website of the scheme and check up on the common queries mentioned there, the official website is the edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in
Or the applicant can post the query letter commissioners the address.
– 1, Kripa Narain Marg, Delhi.
1 Q) When did the scheme of the Delhi Marriage Registration Yojana Policy get inaugurated?
1 A) The scheme of the Delhi Marriage Registration Yojana Policy was inaugurated on the twenty-second of April, 2014.
2 Q) What is the application form fees amount under the scheme of the Delhi Marriage Registration Yojana Policy?
2 A) The application form fees amount under the scheme of the Delhi Marriage Registration Yojana Policy cost one hundred rupees to the individuals belonging to the Hindu marriage act category. Rupees one hundred and fifty is the amount for the application form which needs to be paid by the applicants under the Special marriage act.