E-Way Bill Login
- The term E-Way Bill (EWB) refers to an electronic way bill. If a person registered for GST desires to transport goods in a vehicle with a value exceeding Rs. 50,000 in a single invoice/bill or delivery challan, he must prepare one. The goal of implementing EWBs is to provide a single authorization for the transportation of products across the country.
- The E-Way Bill login portal is a government-run website that allows taxpayers and transportation companies to produce and cancel E-Way bills.
What exactly is the Eway bill login page
- The official government portal or site for generating, managing, and cancelling EWBs is https://ewaybillgst.gov.in/. This is a single web portal that all taxpayers and transporters in India will utilise to create EWBs.
- Previously, the gateway was accessible via ewaybill.nic.in. The GST Council has directed that the same be redirected to a new platform called ewaybillgst.gov.in. NIC maintains this portal, which was previously known as ewaybill.nic.in.
- For the commercial transportation of products valued over $50,000 across state boundaries, an Electronic Waybill, or more often known as an e-Way bill, is required. ewaybillgst.gov.in is the internet gateway via which you can generate the paperwork in question. You may also send one to yourself through text message or through the official app, which is available on Google Play and the Apple App Store. The supplier, recipient, and transporter all receive a unique e-Way bill number after the e-Way bill is issued, thereby authorising the transportation of goods from point A to point B.
When Should an e-Way Bill Be Generated
The e-Way bill must effectively be created before products are transported across state lines. A list of actions for which you must ensure that an e-Way bill is generated can be seen below. Continue reading to learn more.
If you're doing any of the following, you'll need to create an e-Way bill.
Provision of products in exchange for consideration
Provision of commodities without compensation
An unregistered person provided an inward supply.
The term "supply" refers to the movement of commodities not just for sales, but also for other reasons such as inter-branch transfers, purchases from unregistered individuals, and/or barter exchanges of items. However, even if the value of the products does not reach $50,000, an e-Way bill must be generated in certain circumstances. The following is a list of those instances:
The principal or the registered job worker transfers items over state lines to a job worker.
A dealer's inter-state transfer of handmade goods is excluded from GST registration.
Who can create an e-Way Bill
The following groups of people can generate an e-Way bill:
- When articles worth more than $50,000 are transferred to or from a person registered on the e-Way bill site, an e-Way bill is required. Even if the value of the items is less than $50,000, a registered person or transporter may choose to generate and carry e-Way bills.
- Unregistered Individuals: Individuals who are not registered on the e-Way bill portal must also generate e-Way bills. In addition, they will be responsible for ensuring that all compliances are met as if they were the supplier.
- Transporters: Transporters who will transport products by road, air, rail, or other means must also generate e-Way bills if the supplier has not done so.
- If products are supplied by an unregistered person to a registered person, however, the recipient of the items must ensure that an e-Way bill is generated. If the e-Way bill has not been generated by the provider, it is the responsibility of the transporter to do so. Unregistered transporters will be given a Transporter ID if they register on the e-Way bill login page.
Benefist of eway login
1. Less paperwork:
Because the RFID device is affixed to the vehicle and the e-way bill can be confirmed through the device, the person in charge of the vehicle for goods movement will never need to convey physical copies again.
This bill decreases logistic costs by reinforcing appropriate invoicing and, as a result, reduces tax evasion.
3. Transportation that is both efficient and cost-effective:
The Eway bill system will improve transportation efficiency and speed. This will progressively aid in the industry's restructuring. There will be no lines at the checkpoint, and commodities will pass more quickly, resulting in the most efficient use of resources.
4. Convenient to use:
The Eway bill system and interface are incredibly user-friendly and simple to use. The e-way bill can be downloaded by the merchants themselves.
5. Eway bill generating is simple and quick:
In the near future, generating an e-way bill will be a simple procedure. Because the administration is working on a shoestring budget, it will be quite simple.
Also, learn about the E-way bill's impact on the Indian logistics business.
E-Way bill login registration
The e-way bill is available to three sorts of taxpayers. They include registered and unregistered transporters, as well as unregistered providers. The following is a step-by-step guide to registering as a taxpayer or a registered transporter:
Go to https://ewaybillgst.gov.in/ to access the e-way bill portal.
Place the cursor on the word ‘Registration' at the top of the page. You will be presented with a drop-down menu from which you must pick ‘e-Way Bill Registration.'
On the new screen, input your GST Identification Number, the captcha code, and then click ‘Go.'
You will be taken to a new page where you must create and validate a One-Time Password. This page will auto-populate your information, such as your GSTIN, name, trade name, and address. Click ‘Send OTP' after you've double-checked the information and made sure it's correct. By clicking on ‘Verify OTP,' the OTP must be input and validated.
You'll be taken to a new page where you'll be able to establish a new user ID and password.
You can use this user id and password on the eway bill login system.
Eway bill login process
- Taxpayers can log in using a User id and password after registering at the eway portal https://ewaybillgst.gov.in/.
- User ID - It must have at least 8 but no more than 15 characters, including alphabets, digits, and special characters.
- The password must be at least 8 characters long. If a user forgets his Login credentials, he can use the ‘Forgot User ID'/'Forgot TransID'/‘Forgot Password' buttons.
Frequently asked questions
1. When should I extend the E Way Bill's validity?
The validity of the E Way Bill might be extended if the consignment has not arrived at its destination due to one of the following reasons:
Delay in transshipment
During the transit, there were concerns with law and order.
In the event of a breakdown delay.
2. Is it required that I select a tax rate when entering the product information?
No, selecting tax rates when generating an e-way bill is not required.
3. Where can I get an electronic bill of lading?
https://ewaybillgst.gov.in/ can be used to create an e-way bill.
4. Is it required for me to register in the eWay Portal if I have already registered in the GST Portal?
Yes, even if you've already registered on the GST portal, you must register on the eWay bill login Portal.
5. What if the e-way bill contains an error or incorrect entry?
After the e-way bill has been generated, no changes can be made. You must cancel the e-way bill and generate a new one if there is an error.
6. Is the e-way Bill valid for a certain period of time?
If the distance travelled is less than 100 kilometres, the validity period is one day, and if the distance travelled is more than 100 kilometres, the validity period is extended by one day.
7. Is it necessary to print a copy of the bill?
It is not necessary to print an e-way bill.
8. What is URP in the eway bill?
The acronym URP stands for Unregistered Person. If one of the parties is unregistered, you must specify URP in the E-way bill.