How to change mobile number in Aadhar
- Aadhaar has been made essential for a variety of services and document authentication. To use online Aadhaar services, you must first register your mobile number with UIDAI, which will be used to deliver the OTP for authentication.
- If you want to utilise the mAadhaar app, you must first register your phone number with Aadhaar. If your prior UIDAI-registered mobile number has been deleted, or if you want to change your Aadhaar card's mobile number, you must go to an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
How to Change mobile number in Aadhaar Card
You might change your phone number for personal reasons or because you've moved to a new location. If you want to change mobile number, you must go to the Aadhaar Kendra.
The following is the procedure for changing the mobile number on your Aadhaar Card:-
Aadhaar Kendra Seva is a place where you may get help with your Aadhaar card.
On https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1, you can explore the nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
When you go to the enrolment centre, you must have your Aadhaar Card with you.
You have the option of requesting an update.
You will be given an Update Request Number (URN) once your request has been processed. The URN can be used to determine the status of a request.
A fee of Rs.50 will be charged to change your phone number.
You can change as many cellphone numbers as you like in the Aadhaar database, but you must pay the price for changing it in Aadhaar each time. The Aadhaar-linked mobile number allows a user to stay up to date on all subsidies received in their bank account and to use online services using the OTP. All OTPs linked to Aadhaar will be delivered to this mobile number after it has been changed. You can use this OTP to download your Aadhaar card from the UIDAI website.
You do not need to present any documentation to update your Aadhaar mobile number. All you have to do is take your Aadhaar card to the nearest Aadhaar Center and pay the Rs. 50 cost to have it updated.
Why Should You Register Your Phone Number with Aadhar
- Registration of an Aadhar Aadhaar card with a person's cell phone number is recommended for a variety of reasons. Some of the common reasons are as follows :
- An OTP is sent to the registered mobile number to utilise most Aadhaar-related services. The OTP should be given in order to utilise the service, giving Aadhaar an extra layer of protection. If your phone number isn't linked to Aadhaar, you won't be able to utilise these services.
- To utilise any Aadhaar-related online services, you must first register your mobile number with UIDAI.
- You will also need to input the OTP that was sent to your mobile phone to download your Aadhaar online.
- If your cell number is registered with Aadhaar, you can also download the mAadhaar app and carry Aadhaar on your phone.
Frequently asked questions
How can I update my Aadhaar card's mobile number online without using an OTP?
You must go to your nearest Aadhaar enrolment centre to alter your cellphone number in your Aadhaar Card online without an OTP.
How can I update my phone number on my Aadhar card because the one that is registered with Aadhar no longer exists?
If your registered mobile number with Aadhaar does not exist currently, you can replace it on your Aadhaar card by going to the nearest Aadhaar enrolment centre with your original Aadhaar Card.
How much does it cost to update information on an Aadhaar card?
Whether you update one field or many, the Aadhaar Update fee is Rs. 100 if you're also upgrading biometrics. Rs. 50 is charged if you're not updating biometrics and only demographics details are being updated.
Is it possible to link an Aadhaar card to two different mobile numbers?
No, two mobile numbers cannot be linked to an Aadhaar card. A single mobile number, on the other hand, can be linked to multiple Aadhaars.
How long does it take to update a mobile phone number connected with an Aadhaar card?
It could take up to 90 days to alter a telephone number in Aadhaar after submitting a request.