Mata vaishno devi Online
All pilgrims without exception are required to register themselves before undertaking the Yatra. The task of registration is done by mata vaishno devi online Board which is the only Statutory and Legalauthority for the purpose. No other organization, private or public is authorized to issue the Yatra slip. The registration process is entirely FREE and is fully computerized. The entire Yatra Registration process is fully computerized, thus making it convenient, efficient, and smooth. It is to be noted that yatries who proceed without this slip/Parchi shall be turned back from the Banganga check post and not allowed to proceed further. In the rare case of any yatri being found at Bhawan/en-route without the yatra slip, he/she shall not only be turned back but disciplinary action shall also be taken against him/her.
About Vaishnodevi trip
- A pilgrimage to the Holy Shrine of Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Ji is one of the holiest pilgrimages of our times. Popular the world over as Moonh Maangi Muradein Poori Karne Wali Mata, which means, the mother who fulfills whatever Her children wish for, Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Ji resides in a Holy Cave located in the folds of the three-peaked mountain named Trikuta (pronounced as Trikoot). The Holy Cave attracts millions of devotees every year. The number of Yatris visiting the Holy Shrine annually now exceeds one crore. This is due to the unflinching faith of the devotees who throng the Shrine from all parts of India and abroad.
- The Holy Cave of the Mother is situated at an altitude of 5200 ft. The Yatris have to undertake a trek of nearly 12 km from the base camp at Katra. At the culmination of their pilgrimage, the yatries are blessed with the Darshans of the Mother Goddess inside the Sanctum Sanctorum- the Holy Cave. These Darshans are in the shape of three natural rock formations called the Pindies. There are no statues or idols inside the Cave.
About the online website
www.maavaishnodevi.org is the only official vaishno devi online registration website (SMVDSB) and any other website claiming to have been authorized by the SMVDSB is fake and not recognized by the SMVDSB for any bookings/travel-related issues. SMVDSB has not authorized any travel agent to book the online ticket on behalf of SMVDSB Katra. Any booking made through any travel agent shall be canceled without any refund in addition to legal action which may follow.
Terms and Conditions to follow Post Covid:-
Please go through the conditions carefully and if you accept them, you may register and transact on the site.
Only those pilgrims who have registered Online will be allowed.
The pilgrims must use the ‘Arogya Setu’ Application on their Mobile Phones.
Only Asymptomatic pilgrims will be allowed to undertake the yatra.
Use of ‘Face Mask / Face Covers’ is mandatory.
Compulsory Covid-19 Antigen testing for the pilgrims coming from outside Jammu & Kashmir.
Pilgrims from districts falling under Red Zones shall also undergo Covid-19 Testing and be allowed to proceed only when the result is ‘Negative’.
Pilgrims should wash their hands and feet frequently with soap & water and before entering the Sanctum Sanctorum.
Pilgrims are required to maintain a physical distance of six feet at all times.
Touching of Statues / Idols is not allowed.
Face Masks / Covers, Gloves shall be properly disposed of by the pilgrims at the assigned/designated dustbins.
Spitting is strictly prohibited.
Pilgrims shall furnish their contactable details wherever asked by the officials on duty.
Pilgrims are advised not to stay at Bhawan after Darshans.
Persons above 60 years of age, a person with comorbidities, pregnant women, and children below the age of 10 years are advised to stay at home.
Importance of registration Process
Registration at YRC is important because of the following reasons:-
- All Devotees, once they get registered at the YRC for their trek are automatically and compulsorily insured against any accidental causality (a rare possibility) on their way to the Holy Shrine. This is free insurance to all those who undertake this holy pilgrimage. The amount of insurance is Rs.3,00,000/- for majors and Rs, 1,00,000/- for minors and is valid only in case of accidental deaths. For cases of natural deaths including heart attacks, this insurance package is not applicable.
- Unlike other major pilgrim spots, Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine is located deep in the mountains. Though a lot of development has taken place all along the way from Katra to Bhawan, the Holy Mountain has its limitations and saturation levels as regards its capacity to hold and sustain large crowds. Besides, the resources available to provide various services and facilities to the Devotees are also limited. This is because, in the absence of a road, even the most basic and essential items have to be carried either on ponies or by humans.
- Further, since the Holy Pindies are situated in a narrow Cave, group visits for Darshans are not possible. The system of Darshans is thus through a continuously moving queue, round the clock. Thus, only a limited number of pilgrims can have Darshans every day.
- Thus, because of all the above reasons, the number of pilgrims on the track and at the main Shrine Complex needs to be regulated. This regulation helps to avoid overcrowding and accidents and ensures that all of them get basic facilities like food and water.
A. Guidelines for Availing vaishno devi helicopter booking Ticket at "Current Heli-Ticket Counter”:-
Yatra Registration Slip is mandatory for availing Helicopter ticket at "Current Heli-ticket Counter".
ID Proof of all the members of the family (who intend to avail Heli ticket) will be required for the current booking.
Proof of travel documents by Air/Train/Bus/Taxi is required like Train/Bus Tickets or any other proof.
Yatries shall beware of Touts/Travel Agents taking money for Helicopter Tickets. Rate of Ticket (one side) Rs.1800/- per person.)
The tax rates as applicable shall be charged on the date of Travel at the respective location in Katra/Sanjichhat.
B. Guidelines for Online Heli ticket Booking:-
You can register by click on New Devotee sign up, create a username and password, close all links and open the website page again. Log in with the username and password, click on Helicopter Services, select date, route, no. of passenger, time, etc., enter other passenger details. At the end click on the payment gateway, link opens the bank site you can enter the credit card number, CVV number (at the backside of the credit card), and expiry date. If the bank will accept your credit card and the message appears for the Non Secure site you can click on yes. Your booking is completed. You can obtain the printout of said page.
To reduce the waiting time in the main YRC, a second Yatra counter has been made operational near the second bus stand. It is situated nearly one km away from the main Yatra counter on Udhampur road and is called YRC-II. This has been so designed because the area near the YRC-II is used for idle parking of travel and luxury coaches and pilgrims arriving through these coaches, it is more convenient to obtain the Parchi from YRC-II.
Questions and Answers
How to book your puja online?
Step1: Open any browser and visit Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board`s (smvdsb online services) website www.maavaishnodevi.org.
Step 2: Next, request a puja.
Step 3: Three packages are available -- priced at:
- Rs 500
- Rs 1,100
- Rs 2,100
Once the booking is made, the SMVDSB will ensure that the ‘pooja’ is performed within 72 hours and the ‘Prasad’ is dispatched through a speed post. For queries, one can call on 9906019475 from 8 am to 8 pm.
According to the SMVDSB official mata vaishno devi online registration website, "Poojan is performed in the name of the person(s) for whom Pooja has been registered even while the devotee(s) is not present in the Pooja. The Poojan Prashad is delivered through courier to the given address."
Apart from the online puja, the management of Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board is also planning to launch a mobile application for devotees to have live darshan straight from the holy shrine. The app is expected to be launched on October 17the first day of Navratri.
How to get to Vaishnodevi booking?
By Air: Jammu Airport is well connected to major Indian airports and is just 50 kilometers from Katra. Regular taxis and cabs from Jammu to Katra are easily available.
By Train: Udhampur Railway Station is the nearest railway station, from where taxis to Katra are easily available.
By Road: Several Jammu & Kashmir State Transport buses, as well as private air-conditioned buses, operate between Jammu and Katra.
How to cover the walking trip for Vaishnodevi Temple?
You have the option of taking the 12 km trek from Katra.
The temple lies at an altitude of 52000 feet. So you should be prepared for a long walk.
The trek itself is smooth as the way is well paved.
If you do not wish to walk on the slope, you have the option of climbing steep stairs as well.
Start your trek at nightfall, as this will give you an amazing opportunity to catch the sight of the rising sun from the mountain beds, clasping the entire valley in its sunshine.