Pan Card search by name
- PAN is a ten-digit identification number assigned to each person who has applied for one, and it was created to track taxable financial activities. PAN card acts as identification and aids in the detection of tax evasion.
- Individuals and institutions such as banks, corporations, and other commercial entities can check an individual's PAN details with the IRS. This not only aids in the verification of PAN details but also in determining whether the PAN card is genuine.
- Individuals can use the PAN verification function on the IT department's official e-filing portal to verify the legitimacy of their PAN card. It would be helpful if you could recall your PAN to use this service.
PAN Card search by name and dob
Although there is no mechanism to search pan by name and dob, you may always verify your PAN by entering your name and date of birth. By following the methods outlined below, you will be able to do so:
Step 1: Go to https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home to access the official Income Tax E-Filing website.
Step 2: Go to the "Quick Links" area and click on "Verify your PAN Details."
Step 3: To continue, enter your PAN, complete name, and date of birth.
Step 4: Determine your legal position, including whether you are an individual, Hindu undivided family, an association of persons, body of individuals, company, government, artificial juridical person, local authority, firm, or trust.
Step 5: In the provided box, enter the "Captcha Code" for verification.
Step 6: Select “Submit” from the drop-down menu.
Step 7: You'll be redirected to a new page with the message "Your PAN is Active and the details match the PAN Database."
Search pan card by pan number
Follow the steps below to search for your pan card via your pan number.
Step 1: Go to the e-Filing website of the Internal Revenue Service https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/.
Step 2: Select "Register Yourself" from the drop-down menu and enter your PAN Card number.
Step 3: Complete and submit the Registration Form.
Step 4: An email with a link will be sent to your address. To activate your account, click this link.
Step 5: Go to https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/UserLogin/LoginHome.html to complete your tax return. to Log in to your account and select "My Account."
Step 6: Select PAN Details from the Profile Settings menu.
Step 7: Your personal information will be produced. You will be given the following information: name, area code, jurisdiction, address, and other details.
How do I update details on pan card online
Following the methods outlined below, you can modify the information on your PAN card:
To begin, go to www.tin-nsdl.com.
Go to the ‘Services' page and select ‘PAN.'
Under ‘Change/Correction in PAN Data,' click ‘Apply.'
Complete the form and click the "Submit" button.
You'll be taken to a new page where you'll have to upload scanned photos using e-Sign.
Finally, supply all of the requested personal information.
Finally, submit your contact and address information.
After that, you must upload accepted proofs of age, residency, identification, and PAN.
Finally, sign the declaration and press the ‘Submit' button.
Make a payment using a demand draught, net banking, credit card, or debit card.
After making a successful payment, the acknowledgement must be downloaded, printed, and mailed to NSDL e-Gov, together with two pictures and a cross-signature.
The complete process takes 15 to 20 days once a request for a change or correction in the PAN card is made. The applicant receives a new PAN card with all necessary corrections within the specified time frame.
Importance of pan card
There are numerous reasons why having a valid PAN card is critical today. Here are a few examples:-
- For employment: Your PAN card information is required by almost all companies for salary accounting and taxation purposes. When deducting TDS, professional tax, and other taxes, this is essential. It's also required when it comes to filing income tax forms.
- Proof of identity: A legitimate proof of identity and photo proof is required for a variety of purposes, including opening a bank account and obtaining a gas connection.
- Banking: When opening a bank account and for other banking-related financial operations, a PAN card is required. All types of banks, including public, commercial, rural, and cooperative banks, must comply with this requirement. To combat money laundering, this has been made mandatory.
- PAN card data must be given for cash deposits of more than Rs.50,000 in a single day. When opening a fixed deposit of more than Rs.50,000, you'll additionally require your PAN card information. This is because TDS will be deducted for any interest earned on such deposits.
- All existing bank accounts must be linked to the account holder's PAN card at this time. If you don't have a PAN card, you'll need to fill out Form 60. Zero balance savings accounts and Basic Savings Bank Deposit Accounts are the only exceptions to this regulation (BSBDA). The Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) accounts are also exempt.
- Payment wallets: If monthly transactions surpass Rs.20,000, any digital payment wallet demands PAN card information.
- Post Office Deposits: You will be needed to provide your PAN data to open a deposit of more than Rs.50,000 at a post office.
- Loan applications: PAN card information is required on every loan application form. Applications that are rejected due to a lack of PAN card information or other information might have a negative influence on your credit score.
- Credit or debit card applications: PAN card information is required for both credit and debit card applications. Applications that are rejected due to a lack of PAN card information or other information might have a negative influence on your credit score.
- Property transactions: If the amount of the contract for the sale or purchase of an immovable property exceeds Rs.5 lakh, both the buyer and the seller are required by law to provide PAN card details. The PAN card numbers of both owners are required for joint ownerships.
- Purchase of jewellery: PAN card information is required for any jewellery or bullion purchase exceeding Rs.5 lakh.
- Vehicle purchase: PAN card information is required for the sale or purchase of any vehicle, except two-wheelers.
- Mutual funds: Investments in mutual funds, debentures, and bonds must be completed with PAN card information.
- Buying Shares: When trading shares, the PAN card number must be provided to both the broker and the Demat and trading account provider.
- Foreign currency exchange: When exchanging local currency for foreign currencies, PAN card information is required.
- Insurance premiums: PAN card data must be provided if insurance premiums exceed Rs.50,000 in a financial year.
Frequently asked questions
How Do I Fill Out A Pan Card Application With My Surname As An Initial?
You cannot use an initial as your surname while applying for a PAN card. The sole option available to applicants is to request that only their surname be printed on their PAN card. This can be accomplished by filling out the application form simply with your surname and leaving the spaces for your first and middle names blank.
Is it possible to obtain a PAN card even if it is not needed by law?
Yes, even if they are not needed by law, anyone can freely apply for a PAN card.
Is it possible for my underage child to obtain a PAN card?
Yes, a minor can apply for a PAN card if the application is made on the applicant's behalf by a Representative Assessee.
If I'm buying jewellery for Rs.50,000 or more, do I need to provide my PAN card information?
If the value of the jewellery transaction exceeds Rs.5 lakh, you merely need to provide your PAN card information.
How long does it take for a correction to update on the PAN card?
The PAN card will take at least 15-20 days to be updated with the rectification.
If I change my name, would my PAN card number change?
No, because your PAN is a permanent account number, it will remain the same even if your name changes.