Uidai Gov in Aadhar
- A random number is generated, devoid of any classification based on caste, creed, religion and geography. As the name suggests, an e-Aadhaar is an electronic copy of your Aadhaar card. This card is protected by a password and is equally effective as its physical copy. Meanwhile, e-Aadhaar can also be downloaded from the UIDAI portal by using a 28-digit enrollment number along with the person’s full name and pin code or the 14-digit Aadhaar number along with personal details.
- Aadhaar card is an important identification document for every citizen not only for its government-related schemes but for financial services as well. This document is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) which is linked with insurance policies, bank accounts, vehicles among others.
- An Aadhaar card contains specifics of the person’s name, gender, date of birth, photograph, and address. Unlike other documents, it is not safe to carry an Aadhaar card everywhere but if you lose or misplace it, one can download an e- Aadhaar card instantly by verifying their identity on the UIDAI portal.
- As per recent updates, an e-Aadhaar is equally valid like its physical copy for all purposes and needs. It can be accessed digitally at the official UIDAI websites - uidai.gov.in and eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in. The first four letters of your name and the year of birth is the password of this e-Aadhaar, as per UIDAI.
- Aadhaar number is a 12-digit random number issued by the UIDAI (“Authority”) to the residents of India after satisfying the verification process laid down by the Authority. Any individual, irrespective of age and gender, who is a resident of India, may voluntarily enrol to obtain an Aadhaar number. A person willing to enrol has to provide minimal demographic and biometric information during the enrolment process which is totally free of cost. An individual needs to enrol for Aadhaar only once and after de-duplication only one Aadhaar shall be generated, as the uniqueness is achieved through the process of demographic and biometric de-duplication.
- Aadhaar number is devoid of any intelligence and does not profile people based on caste, religion, income, health and geography. The Aadhaar number is a proof of identity, however, it does not confer any right of citizenship or domicile in respect of an Aadhaar number holder.
- Aadhaar is a strategic policy tool for social and financial inclusion, public sector delivery reforms, managing fiscal budgets, increasing convenience and promoting hassle-free people-centric governance. Aadhaar can be used as a permanent Financial Address and facilitates financial inclusion of the underprivileged and weaker sections of the society and therefore a tool of distributive justice and equality. The Aadhaar identity platform is one of the key pillars of ‘Digital India’, wherein every resident of the country is provided with a unique identity. The Aadhaar programme has already achieved several milestones and is by far the largest biometrics-based identification system in the world.
A 12-digit unique identity for every Indian individual, including children and infants
Enables identification for every resident Indian
Establishes uniqueness of every individual on the basis of demographic and biometric information
It is a voluntary service that every resident can avail of irrespective of the present documentation
Each individual will be given a single unique Aadhaar ID number
Aadhaar will provide a universal identity infrastructure that can be used by any identity-based application (like ration card, passport, etc.)
UIDAI will give Yes/No answers to any identity authentication queries
Some other information about Aadhaar are
Aadhaar identity platform with its inherent features of Uniqueness, Authentication, Financial Address and e-KYC, enables the Government of India to directly reach residents of the country in the delivery of various subsidies, benefits and services by using the resident’s Aadhaar number only.
Aadhaar number is unique for each individual and will remain valid for a lifetime. Aadhaar number will help the residents to avail various services provided by banking, mobile phone connections and other Govt and Non-Govt services in due course.
Online verification of demographic information in a cost-effective way
Unique and robust enough to eliminate a large number of duplicate and fake identities in government and private databases.
Documents Required for Updating or Correcting Aadhaar Card Information
To know about the list of supporting documents required for updating or correcting details on your Aadhaar Card.
Important Points to Remember While Updating Aadhaar
Things that you must remember while updating your Aadhaar are mentioned below:
Ensure that the data you entered is accurate.
Ensure the spellings are all correct.
The data that you provide must be supported by documentary evidence.
Do not lose the acknowledgement receipt.
Note down your URN for tracking the status of the update.
Reasons why Update Request may get Rejected
Some of the reasons why your Aadhaar update request might be rejected are mentioned below:
The correct procedure is not followed.
The relevant documents are not submitted.
Incorrect information is given.
Any individual, irrespective of age and gender, who is a resident in India and satisfies the verification process laid down by the UIDAI can enrol for Aadhaar. Individuals need to enrol only once but in case of multiple enrolments, the Aadhaar is generated against one of the enrolment ID while others are rejected as a duplicate. Aadhaar Enrolment is free of cost for all the residents of India.
Questions and Answers
How to Check Aadhaar Status?
Check if your Aadhaar is generated or updated (In case you have updated at an Enrolment/Update center).
You will require EID (Enrolment ID) to check your Aadhaar Status.
The EID is displayed on the top of your enrolment/update acknowledgement slip and contains a 14 digit enrolment number (1234/12345/12345) and the 14 digit date and time (dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm: ss) of enrolment. These 28 digits together form your Enrolment ID (EID).
In case if you lost EID you can retrieve lost or forgotten EID by your registered mobile number.
How to Locate an Enrolment / Update center near you?
In order to enrol for Aadhaar for yourself or for your family member, you will be required to visit an Aadhaar Enrolment Center.
In case your Demographic details (Name, Address, DoB, Gender, Mobile Number, Email)are not up-to-date in your Aadhaar, you can get the same updated by visiting an Aadhaar Enrolment Center.
Aadhaar holders children( who have turned 15) or others in need of updating Biometrics details - Finger Prints, Iris & Photographs are required to visit an Enrolment center too.
Please get valid Address proof documents.
How to download e-Aadhaar?
Step 1: Go to the official website - https://uidai.gov.in/
Step 2: Search and click on the ‘Download Aadhaar’ option that appears in the ‘My Aadhaar’ section of the homepage
Step 3: Now, choose between Enrollment ID, Aadhar Number, and Virtual ID as the method for e-Aadhaar download
Step 4: Following this, enter the details of the selection and verify the CAPTCHA code
Step 5: An OTP will be sent to the registered phone number. Enter the OTP to verify the process
Step 6: After entering OTP, the person’s password-protected e-Aadhaar will be downloaded on his/her phone or laptop.
How to Update Aadhaar Card Details Online?
You can update your name, date of birth, address, and gender details online. However, your mobile number must be linked to the Aadhaar in order to make the changes.
The procedure to update the name, address, gender, and date of birth details online is mentioned below:
Step 1 - Visit https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/
Step 2 - Click on ‘Proceed to Update Aadhaar’.
Step 3 - Enter the Aadhaar number and captcha.
Step 4 - Click on ‘Send OTP’.
Step 5 - Enter the OTP that is sent to your registered mobile number.
Step 6 - Next, select ‘Update Demographics Data’.
Step 7 - Select the relevant options on the next page and click on ‘Proceed’.
Step 8 - The changes can be made on the next page. Upload the relevant document next.
Step 9 - Next, you must review the details that have been entered.
Step 10 - Next, submit the change request. You can use the Update Request Number (URN) to track the status of the address change.
How to Update Aadhaar Card Details by Visiting the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre?
The procedure to change any Aadhaar details offline is mentioned below:
You must fill the application correction form by requesting one at the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
Once the documents have been attached, submit the application form to update the changes.
A fee will have to be paid to change the address on the Aadhaar Card.
What are the details that can be changed in the Aadhaar Card Online?
Currently, you can update the address, name, gender, and date of birth details online. However, your mobile number must be linked with your Aadhaar to make the changes online. You will have to visit an Aadhaar enrolment centre in order to make any other changes to the Aadhaar Card.