West Bengal Digital Ration Card 2021
The Indian state of West Bengal has implemented the idea of a digital ration card, through which residents' ration cards will be made available to all residents in a digital format. Many residents will profit from the introduction of the digital last ration card because they will no longer be required to carry the old paper ration card anywhere.
It will also be very convenient for residents to provide the ration card at any time thanks to the digital ration card. The digital ration card is a significant step forward in India's digitalization process, which has been ongoing for quite some time.
What is west bengal digital ration card?
West Bengal's automated ration card, or Khadya Sathi system, will be 5 years old on January 27, 2021. The West Bengal government commemorates this day as Khadya Sathi Day.
During the coronavirus lockdown, the government of West Bengal provided food security to 10 crore Bengalis via the West Bengal digital ration card or khadya Sathi scheme.
Aside from that, the West Bengal government has agreed to provide free rations to all. This programme began on January 27, 2016.
The main goal of the West Bengal digital ration card, also known as the Khadya Sathi scheme, is to provide rice and wheat at Rs 2 per kg. This scheme benefits approximately 7 crore people in West Bengal, accounting for 90 percent of the state's population.
Aside from that, the West Bengal government has made rations available to 50 lakh people at half the market price. You must go to the official website if you want to apply for a West Bengal digital ration card or the Khadya Sathi scheme.
West bengal digital ration card apply online
If you want to apply for a West Bengal Ration Card, you must follow the steps outlined below:
- Visit the West Bengal Department of Food and Supplies' official website https://wbpds.wb.gov.in/.
- The connection ‘Application Form for Non-Subsidised Ration Card or Conversion to Non-Subsidised Ration Card' can be found as you scroll down. Select it by clicking on it.
- A new page will appear, prompting you to enter your 10-digit mobile phone number.
- Your registered mobile number will receive a one-time password (OTP). Select ‘VALIDATE' after entering the OTP.
- If you have an existing ration card, you must select one of the following choices after validating your mobile number: AAY, PHH, SPHH, RKSY-I, or RKSY-II Card. If you are applying for your first ration card, you will not be allowed to choose any of the options mentioned above.
- If you are an existing customer, choose one of the following options to convert your digital card to a non-subsidised ration card: AAY, PHH, SPHH, RKSY-I, or RKSY-II Card.
- Enter the district, block/municipality, gramme panchayat, post office, police station, flat number, street road, PIN Code, email address, and ration card number in the next move. To view the details, select ‘DISPLAY' from the drop-down menu.
- Your family members' information will be shown on the phone. You can then choose to convert all or any of the cardholders to non-subsidised ration cards by clicking on the ‘View Selected List' button.
- You must then enter information such as your date of birth, Aadhaar number, EPIC number (if available), and the PAN number of the selected ration card before clicking on ‘Save and View.'
- After that, you must double-check all of your information and the declaration form. After you've completed the summation, press the 'Submit' button. Your application form will be successfully submitted, and a confirmation message will appear on your computer screen.
- If you are a new applicant, choose the choice on the screen that says "New Applicant – Don't have a ration card."
- Pick the Fair Price Shop/ Ration Dealer details and enter the district, block/municipality, gramme panchayat, post office, police station, flat number, street road, PIN Code, email ID, and paper type.
- You must then enter your personal information, including your date of birth, Aadhaar number, EPIC number (only if available), email address, and the PAN number of the ration card you have chosen. After entering your father and mother's details, click on the 'Show Member' button. If you are the family's head, go to the relationship tab and choose 'Head.' You can then click on 'Add Family Members' and fill in the necessary information, such as the member's name, relationship to you, age, and so on. To view a member's details, click on the 'Show Member' button.
- After you've added all of your members, press the ‘Save and View Application' icon.
- Review the declaration form and double-check all of the information you've given. After you've completed the summation, press the 'Submit' button. Your application form will be successfully submitted, and a confirmation message will appear on your computer screen.
How to check wb digital ration card application status?
Follow the steps to track your West Bengal Digital Ration Card Application Status.
To check the status of your ration card, go to the West Bengal ration card status page.
Choose the type of form, the district, and the municipality.
Enter the last eight digits of your ration card application number or the whole 16-digit number.
You'll be able to check the status of your ration card after that.
Eligibility criteria for WB ration card 2021
To be eligible for the new West Bengal digital ration card scheme, the applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria, as set forth by the relevant authorities:-
- The applicant must first be a legitimate and permanent citizen of the state of West Bengal.
A ration card must not be held by the applicant.
Applicants who have applied for a temporary ration card and whose ration card has expired are eligible to apply for a new ration card under the scheme.
The scheme also allows newlyweds to apply for new ration cards.
Documents required for wb ration card 2021
Following documents are mandatory to apply for WB ration card 2021. You will have to submit these documents while applying for the Digital Ration card 2021. Make sure you have these important documents before applying.
Mobile number for validation.
Aadhaar Card for identification.
Voter Id/ EPIC for identification.
Old ration card (as applicable)
How to download west bengal digital ration card
Visit the West Bengal Department of Food and Supplies' official website https://wbpds.wb.gov.in/.
Tap on ‘Official Login' under ‘For Official Purpose.'
After entering your user id and password, you will be asked to answer a security question involving the amount of two numbers.
Select ‘Login' from the drop-down menu.
You will find the details of your ration card and import the ration card in pdf format once you've signed in. You can even get a printout of it for future reference.
Question and answers
Is it possible to attach my Aadhaar number to my ration card?
Yes, your Aadhaar number can be linked to your ration card.
Is it possible for married couples to apply for ration cards?
Yes, married couples may apply for ration cards if one of the spouses is a West Bengal resident.
Is there an application fee I'll have to pay if I want to qualify for a ration card?
When applying for a ration card, you will not be charged an application fee.
May I use my ration card from West Bengal in other states?
Yes, your ratio card is valid in all Indian states.
After I apply for a ration card, how long would it take for me to obtain it?
Your ration card will arrive at your contact address in approximately 2-3 weeks.