CBSE Board Exam Date 2021
The Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE, will begin the Term 1 board examinations for Classes 10 and 12 (minor exams from tomorrow, i.e., November 16. According to the date sheet, Class 12 minor exams will begin from November 16, and Class 12 minor exams will begin on November 17. The major exams for Class 12 will begin from December 1, and the major exams for Class 10 will begin from November 20.
CBSE Term 1 Board Exam 2021: Important details to keep in mind
From the academic year 2021-2022 onwards, CBSE has shifted to the two-term board-exam pattern, following which many state boards are also deciding the same.
CBSE will offer 114 subjects in Class 12 and 75 subjects in Class 10. The board has decided that the subjects offered by it will be divided into two parts -- major subjects and minor subjects.
The CBSE Term 1 exam will be of 90 minutes for each subject and MCQ-based. Students will get 20 minutes to read the paper instead of 15 minutes. The CBSE board exam will begin at 11:30 am instead of the usual 10:30 am.
The Term 2 exam will be held in the month of March-April 2022 and will have a mix of subjective and objective-type questions.
The CBSE board exam 2022 Term 1 results will be declared only in the form of marks in each subject. No student will be placed in the pass, compartment, and essential repeat categories after the first term exam. The final results will be declared after the CBSE Term 2 board exam is over.
About the CBSE
CBSE is the national education board of the country for public and private schools. Recognized worldwide, CBSE is an autonomous body that works under the supervision of the Ministry of Human Resource Development. The current chairman of the Board is Manoj Ahuja. In 1952, the CBSE was given its present name ‘The Central Board of Secondary Education, and in the year 1962, the Board was reconstituted. The Board provides affiliations to various schools and all of them have to follow the NCERT curriculum. The CBSE jurisdiction stretches all over India as well as beyond the national geographical boundaries of the country. The CBSE Board has seen rapid growth and expansion at the level of Secondary education resulting in improved quality and standard of education in institutions.
The exam details
- Last year, the CBSE Board exams 2021 were canceled amid rising COVID cases. CBSE released the CBSE 10th Result 2021 on August 3 while CBSE 12th Result was declared on July 30.
- The CBSE 10th, 12th examinations 2021 were slated to be conducted between May 4 and June 14, 2021. The CBSE date sheet for the theoretical exams was released on February 2 and revised on March 5. CBSE admit cards were to be made available to students 10-15 days before the examinations. The Board began conducting CBSE practical exams 2021 from March 1 only later to be canceled.
- Due to the pandemic and resulting lockdowns, the academic session 2020-21 had started late and was conducted online. Given this, the Board had decided to reduce the CBSE syllabus 2021 for Classes 10th and 12th by 30 percent.
Know the primary aim
CBSE’s main aim is to serve the educational institutions more effectively and wants to be responsive to the educational needs of those students whose parents were employed in the Central Government and had frequently transferable jobs. Through the regional offices that are set up by the CBSE, the body maintains educational standards across the country by monitoring the activities of these regional offices regularly. These regional offices in various parts of the country take care of the day-to-day administration of the affiliated schools. The Board conducts centralized examinations for classes 10th and 12th every year in February and March.
What's new in CBSE Exams 2022
The Board reduced the CBSE Syllabus 2021-22 by 30 percent due to the COVID19 pandemic followed by extended lockdowns leading to delay in the commencement of the academic session. It is planning to further slash the syllabus.
Other exams conducted by CBSE
- The Central Board of Secondary Education also conducts entrance exams. Some of the popular national level entrance tests conducted by CBSE are mentioned below: Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST) is designed, developed, and conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education annually to shortlist meritorious students for Class VI admission in each Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNV). It also conducts the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) among others.
- Now that you have completed Class XII, it is time to decide on course selection for higher studies. To help you make an informed decision for a smooth career-building process, Shiksha has compiled a useful list of Courses after class XII.
Choose the right college after Class XII
Looking for details on a specific college or just exploring what options are available? College and course selection can be stressful given that there are thousands of colleges in India. But not anymore! Now you can find all the necessary details in one place. Click on the links below to see the list of colleges offering courses you may be interested in after Class XII. Use filters - Location, Course, Specialisation, Mode of Study, Accreditation, Total Fees - on the left-hand side of these pages to find the colleges you are looking for. You can read college reviews, compare colleges, read questions and answers about each course, and check eligibility criteria to decide on the college and course that works best for you. Click Study Abroad to find overseas options for UG and PG studies.
7 important things
- Term 1 Exams to be conducted in offline mode by the board and would be in MCQ format of 90 minutes. The paper would be 50% of the total theory component. So, for instance, in Class 10 Science – 70% is for theory and 30% is for practical, then the Term 1 MCQ paper would be of 35 marks and so on.
- The examination would begin at 11:30 am and conclude at 1:00 pm on the day of the examination. Students would be given 20 minutes of reading time in addition to the 90 minutes of the paper time.
- Subjects have been divided into minor and major subjects – depending on the number of students enrolled in the same. As per the information, minor examinations would begin from November 15 while major examinations would begin from November 24 – a checklist of major and minor subjects for Class 10 and 12 here
- Term 1 Examinations are compulsory for all students and marks scored by students in Term 1 would be considered for the computation of final CBSE Class 10, 12 Result 2022 in April/May.
- Depending on the nature of the Term 2 exam (offline/ online or no exam based on COVID situation), different percentages of marks of Term 1 would be considered for computation of the final result.
The exam details:
CBSE board exam syllabus, the board will conduct an exam covering 50 percent of the entire syllabus. CBSE board exams will be conducted on the OMR sheets which will be provided by the board to all the affiliated schools. Students' responses will be scanned and uploaded on the CBSE portal by the school authorities.
CBSE has also released the board exam question bank, sample question paper for Class 10 and 12 students. Schools will be required to mark the students as per the marking criteria shared by the CBSE.
The board has provided all exam-related material to ensure fair and equal allocation of marks.
Students appearing for board examinations will be marked on the internal assessment along with the examination. For students of Class 10, there will be three periodic tests along with activities like practical work, speaking, listening activities, projects, and others.
Students of Class 12 will be marked based on end-of-topic or unit tests, exploratory activities, practicals/ projects.
CBSE has already released the term 1 board examination date sheet. CBSE Class10 exam will begin on November 30 and continue till December 11. For Class 12 students, board exams will be held from December 1 to December 22.
Details Mentioned in CBSE Class 10 Date Sheet 2022
The given below details are mentioned in the online CBSE Class 10 timetable 2022:
CBSE Class 10 exam date 2022
Practical exam dates
CBSE Class 10th Time table 2022 Important Instructions
Students who are appearing for the CBSE board exam date 2022 Class 10 have ample time to revise the CBSE Class 10 syllabus 2022.
Students should carry their CBSE admit card 2022 while appearing for the examination. They will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without the CBSE Admit Card 2022.
According to the CBSE Nic in class 10 date sheet 2021, all students should reach the exam center half an hour before the scheduled time.
All students should check their essentials including pen, pencil, sharpener, scale, eraser a night before the exam and also ensure extra of the same.
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts the CBSE 10th, 12th examinations every year. This year, the CBSE board exams 2021-22 for Classes 10th, 12th will be conducted in two terms. CBSE date sheet 2022 for term 1 exams was released on October 18, 2021. The CBSE 10th, 12th examinations for Term 1 will be conducted between November 16 and December 30, 2021, while Term 2 exams will be held in March/April 2022. The CBSE admit cards have been issued on November 9 to all students.
- The Term 1 exams will include questions in only MCQ format and will be of 90 minutes duration. The exams will be held offline for all subjects.
Questions and Answers
What is CBSE Date Sheet 2022 Class 10 - Exam Time?
Students should keep in mind the Class 10 CBSE date sheet exam timings.
Students should reach the exam center at least half an hour earlier to avoid last minute hassle.
Answer sheet distribution will start from 11 am to 11:10
CBSE Class 10th question paper will be issued to students from 11:10 to 11:30 am.
The CBSE 10th exam writing start time is 11:30 am.
Check CERT Solutions for Class 10
What is the CBSE Class 10 Date Sheet 2022 for Practical Exams?
CBSE Class 10 practical exams date sheet 2022 will be released soon. 10th CBSE practical exams are being conducted by the respective schools. Students can download the CBSE date sheet 2021 Class 10 once the board provides a link for the exam dates.
As per the CBSE 10th exam pattern, practical examinations will be of 30 marks.
The exam date sheet for CBSE Class 10th practicals is released by the respective schools
Students should contact the respective schools to know the detailed CBSE 10th exam timetable 2022 for practical exams.
The marks are being allotted based on experiments, viva, practicals, and assignments.
How to Download the CBSE Class 10 Date Sheet 2022?
Students can download the CBSE date sheet 2021 Class 10 pdf from the official website and make a preparation strategy according to the exam dates. They should also download the CBSE Class 10 timetable pdf and keep it safe. Follow the given below steps to download the CBSE Class 10 date sheet 2022.
Visit the official website, cbse.gov.in
On the homepage, click on the link that reads "CBSE Class X Date Sheet 2022".
A pdf file of the CBSE term 1 date sheet containing exam dates and subjects will appear on the screen.
Download and save CBSE date sheet 2022 Class 10 pdf file.
After download, students can refer to the latest date sheet of Class 10 CBSE 2022 anytime.
Take a screenshot or printout of the CBSE Class 10 date sheet to use later.
Also, check NCERT Solutions for Class 10