- This examination is conducted every year by the Central Board of Secondary Education, for which a large number of candidates apply. But only according to your written exam you are recruited for this post. This exam is conducted for the post of teacher in schools, which is for teachers of students from class 1 to 18. This recruitment has been organized at the national level, for which candidates from different states apply.
- This year the online application for the Central Teacher Eligibility Test will be started soon. As of now, no clear information has been released by the authorities regarding this. But a few days before the start of the application, you will be given the official notification for this so that you can submit your application form on time.
CTET Exam Eligibility Criteria 2021
Some criteria have been set by CBSE to apply, according to which you can submit your application form for this examination. So today you will be given complete information about the eligibility criteria in our article which are as follows:-
Your age has also been decided by the authority to apply, according to which you can apply. Your minimum age should be 18 years and there is no limit for maximum age. Above 18 years you can submit your application form online for this exam at any age.
For all the candidates, their teacher qualification has been decided for the TET exam, according to which you can apply. If you have taken a Diploma in Teacher Education Pursued by NCTE and also done B.Ed as well as if you have secured 45% marks in your 12th class then you can apply for this exam.
All the candidates would like to know how many times they can apply for this exam. That’s why we want to tell you how many times you can apply for this. There is no limit fixed for applying.
To pass this exam, you should know about some things such as how many marks you have to get to pass in this exam. These marks have been fixed separately for all categories, if your marks come according to it then only you can pass this exam. To qualify your marks are decided as follows:-
You must be nationally Indian to apply. If you are not a resident of India then you cannot apply for this post. If you are a permanent resident of India then you can submit your application form for this exam from any state.
CTET Educational Criteria for Paper 1
- Candidates must have passed senior secondary or equivalent with at least 50% marks.
- Also, he/she must have passed or must be appearing in the final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education
- Applicants must have passed senior secondary or equivalent with at least 45% marks.
- He/she must have passed or must be appearing in the final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education, by NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure), Regulations, 2002.
- Aspirants must have passed senior secondary or equivalent with at least 50% marks.
- They must also pass or appear in the final year of 4- year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
- Candidates must have passed senior secondary or equivalent with at least 50% marks.
- Along with it, they must have a pass certificate of 2- year Diploma in Education (Special Education)*.
- A graduation degree in the relevant discipline must be acquired.
- A certificate of two-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
CTET Educational Criteria for Paper 2
- A graduate degree in the relevant discipline must be obtained.
- Also, the candidate must have passed or must be appearing in the final year of a 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
- A bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks must be acquired.
- Aspirants must have completed a 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed).
- Graduation with at least 45% marks must be done in a relevant discipline.
- He/she must also complete a year in Bachelor in Education (B.Ed), by the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations issued from time to time in this regard.
- Candidates must pass Senior Secondary or equivalent with at least 50% marks
- Also, they must have either passed or appeared in the final year of 4- year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
- Candidates must have passed senior secondary or equivalent) with at least 50% marks.
- Along with it, they must have passed or should be appearing in the final year of 4- year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed.
- Aspirants must have done graduation with at least 50% marks.
- Also, they should have passed or must be appearing in 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education)*.
CTET Application Fees
To apply for this post, you have to keep in mind that you have to submit the application fee as decided by the organization. You can submit this fee in online mode, which has been fixed separately for all categories. But till now no clear information has been released for this.
CTET 2021 Eligibility: Other Parameters
- The organizing body will look at some other factors too for recruitment of teachers. These qualifications will not be essential requirements but will give applicants a better chance to secure a job in a good school. They are listed below:
- A degree or diploma in teacher education must be recognized by NCTE.
- For a Diploma or Degree in Special Education, the programs recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) will be considered.
- Candidates with D.ed (Special Education) will have to undergo an NCTE recognized 6-month special program in elementary education.
CTET Eligibility for Reserved Category
- Seats will not be reserved for individuals belonging to the reserved category (SC/ ST/ OBC and PwD candidates). However, they are granted a relaxation of 5% marks in the qualifying exam of the minimum educational requirement.
- Other than that, no reservation policy is adopted as far as job placement is concerned as per CBSE’s rules.
- Note: 1. Relaxation up to 5% in the qualifying marks in the minimum educational qualification for eligibility shall be allowed to the candidates belonging to reserved categories, such as SC/ST/OBC/Differently abled. 2. Diploma / Degree Course in Teacher Education: For this Notification, a Diploma / Degree Course in teacher education recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) only shall be considered. However, in the case of Diploma in Education (Special Education) and B.ED (Special Education), a course recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) only shall be considered. 3. Training to be undergone: A person with D.Ed (Special Education) or qualification shall undergo, after appointment, an NCTE recognized 6 Month Special Programme in Elementary Education.
Validity Period of CTET Certificate
- The Validity Period of the CTET qualifying certificate for appointment will be seven years from the date of declaration of its result for all categories.
- The Ministry of Education on 3rd June 2021 announced that the Government has decided to extend the validity period of the Teachers Eligibility Test qualifying certificate from 7 years to life with retrospective effect from 2011. The respective State Govts. /UTs will take necessary action to revalidate/issue fresh TET certificates to those candidates whose 7 years have already elapsed.
- There is no restriction on the number of attempts a person can take for acquiring a CTET Certificate. A person who has qualified CTET may also appear again for improving his/her score.
The CTET eligibility criteria are framed by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE). CTET Eligibility 2021 is laid down by CBSE for both Paper 1 and Paper 2. The basic requirement is to have passed senior secondary or graduation with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks and a relevant teacher training program. According to the CTET exam pattern, Paper 1 is taken for becoming a teacher of classes I to V while Paper II is for becoming a teacher of classes VI to VIII. A person who intends to be a teacher for both levels (classes I to VIII) needs to appear in both papers. Candidates scoring 60% or more marks in the exam are considered as TET pass.
Questions and Answers
How to apply for CTET Eligibility Criteria 2021?
First of all, go to the online portal https://ctet.nic.in/.
After that click on the apply option on the home page.
Fill in all your details on the next page.
Then select the submit option.
Your application will be done, save the form.
What are the minimum qualifying criteria for obtaining a CTET Certificate?
Candidates who secure more than 60% in CTET 2021 will be issued a CTET Eligibility certificate by the organizing body.
This certificate will be valid for a lifetime. CBSE may offer certain concessions to the reserved category participants.
What is the applicability of CTET 2021?
The certificate that will be issued to all qualifying candidates will apply to the following:
Central Government Schools like KVS, NVS, Central Tibetan Schools, etc.
Schools administered by UT’s of Chandigarh, Daman & Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Lakshadweep, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, and NCT of Delhi.
Schools owned and managed by the State Government or local bodies as also unaided private schools may exercise the option of considering CTET.
CTET Eligibility 2021 For Reserved Category?
There is no provision of the seat reservation for reserved category (SC/ ST/ OBC and PwD candidates)candidates.
However, they are granted a relaxation of 5% marks in the qualifying exam of the CTET Exam.
What is the minimum passing percentage for applying for the CTET exam?
The minimum passing percentage for applying to CTET exam is:
Graduation with at least 45% marks and professional degree or Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and professional degree.
Who can sit for the CTET exam?
Candidates who are 10+2 passed with a minimum of 45% Marks are eligible to apply for CTET Paper 1 and those who have completed graduation with a minimum of 50&% aggregate marks are eligible for Paper 2.
The candidates who passed B. Ed qualification can now apply for both the papers — Paper-I and Paper-II.