E Challan Bihar
With the advancement of technology, our traffic department is also getting advanced and stricter related traffic rules. Now not only traffic police will catch you for rash driving but also cameras on the streets are watching you. If you break any traffic rules you have to pay Challan. You will get the challan directly at your home if you are caught for breaking any traffic rule whether it signals jump, weaves through traffic, or over speed. Here in this article today we are going to provide you with all the information related to E Challan Status and relevant information such as the procedure to submit challan, the procedure to check challan status, and other relevant information.
E Challan Payment
Before discussing the e- challan status it is necessary to know what is e-challan? Challan is a payment which citizens of the country have to pay if they break any traffic rule as per the guidelines issued by the traffic department. Till now this payment is to be made by the citizens in specific places but as the technology becomes advanced the government of India has launched an online challan payment portal known as “E-Challan – Digital Traffic/Transport Enforcement Solution”.
What Is E-Challan
e-Challan is a modern programming application containing an Android-based portable application and web interface. The e-challan is produced to give a thorough answer for Transport Enforcement Officers and Traffic Policemen. This application is incorporated with Vahan and Sarathi applications. It also provides an abundance of features while covering every single significant use of the Traffic Enforcement System. The E-challan was inaugurated a few days back to give challans to the people on the official app of the government. This will not only save paper costs but also give a wider scope to the process.
Objective Of E-challan
The Government of India wants to make the payment of the challan process easier and less hectic for the citizens of the country. Till now the citizens of India who have to pay challan have to go to the concerned office and wait for a long time outside the office to submit the fine. As this e-challan method will start, this fine submission process will become easier for the payers.
How to pay e-challan issued by Bihar traffic police?
You can pay an e-challan issued by Bihar traffic police both online or offline.
Paying traffic e-challan online:
There are three ways of paying traffic e-challan online - using Park website, Parivahan website and Bihar Transport official website.
Using Park+ website:
Park+ offers the quickest and easiest three-step process of paying e-challans in Bihar: 1. Enter your vehicle number on the Park+ website. 2. Verify the One Time Password (OTP) sent to your registered mobile number. 3. Access all your e-challans issued by the Bihar traffic police in one place. Select the challan and make the payment.
Using Parivahan website:
You can also pay your Bihar traffic e-challan by using the Government of India’s official e-challan website - Parivahan.
Visit the Parivahan e-challan webpage https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in/.
Enter your Challan number/Vehicle number/Driving License number.
Enter the Captcha code and click on ‘Get Details’.
From the displayed list of e-challans, select one to make the payment.
Your offense details shall be displayed along with the pending fine.
Proceed with the payment.
Once the payment is successful, you will receive a confirmation along with the transaction ID.
What are the basic road safety rules to be followed in Bihar?
- Violation of road safety rules is a punishable offense in Bihar. All categories of vehicles should follow the following basic traffic rules:
- Drive on the left side: Keep to the left side of the road while driving. If there are no dividers or lanes, let the traffic pass safely through your right.
- Overtake from the right: Always overtake from the right side after flashing the indicator or honking the horn. Avoid overtaking on the narrow lanes as it may jeopardize others’ lives.
- Respect traffic police: Never disobey or argue with the police offers. Bribing an officer is a punishable offense. Cooperate with the police to ensure smooth movement of traffic on the road.
- Respect traffic signals: Jumping the traffic signals can cause you a heavy penalty. If there are any pedestrians, wait for them to cross before moving your vehicle.
- Obey ‘No Parking Signs’: Never park your vehicle in the ‘No Parking zone. Also, avoid parking on busy corners or in the middle of the road. Your vehicle can obstruct other motorists and cause accidents or chaos.
- Understand the road signs and markings: Every driver needs to understand and obey the markings and informatory signals on the road. These signs prepare/warn you of what lies ahead. They also indicate what you're allowed or not allowed to do while driving on the lane further.
Make way for emergency vehicles:
- If you see emergency vehicles such as ambulances, police cars, fire engines trying to pass, make way for them. Blocking their passage may lead to loss of life/property. Therefore, it is considered a punishable offense.
- Carry relevant documents: A vehicle owner must always carry the following documents in his vehicle:
- For all Vehicles: Driver’s License, Registration certificate, Insurance certificate, and Pollution Under Control (PUC) Certificate
- Only for Commercial Vehicles: Fitness certificate and tourist permits
Other safety rules for four-wheeler drivers in Bihar:
- Always wear seat belts: Wearing seat belts is essential while traveling in a car. Besides the driver, other passengers should also wear seat belts to avoid injuries in case of unexpected jerks, sudden brakes, or mishaps. Children sitting in the back seat should also have a harness or belt.
- Use mirrors and indicators: Always adjust your rearview mirror before hitting the road. The rearview mirror, called the third eye of the driver, is very helpful while taking a turn, changing lanes, overtaking a vehicle, and reversing the vehicle. It is also a good practice to use indicators for the right turn, left turn, and parking/stopping.
Core Benefits Of E-Challan
Some core benefits of the e-challan procedure are given below in the following list:-
- Efficient utilization of discovery in giving a simple, productive and far-reaching traffic authorization framework.
- It will guarantee across the nation information sharing and lead to all the more suitable traffic orders and street security.
- The framework intends to give an ideal answer for the present difficulties which the vehicle divisions are looking such as the issuance of traffic challans, overseeing records/back-end tasks, following offence history, instalments, reports and so forth.
- Connecting all the partners through a typical framework which is guaranteeing information uprightness, dependability and straightforwardness.
- Start to finish the robotization of the procedure will guarantee productivity at each degree of clients.
- 100% digitization and documentation of records will help in improving the permeability on guilty parties, sorts of offences often dedicated, instalments got on time and so on.
If you do not pay the traffic e challan then you have to face the legal consequences. A summons will be sent by the court to your residential address as the licence holder and after that, you will be called to the court and asked to give an explanation to the judge about not following the traffic rules. If you don’t visit the court after being called and pay the traffic e challan then your driving licence can be suspended. So always remember to pay your E-Challan.
Questions and Answers
How to check Bihar Traffic e-challan status?
You can check your Bihar traffic police e-challan status using the Park+ website or Parivahan website https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in/.
Use the Park+ website and know your challan status in two simple steps:
Visit the Bihar e-challan web portal on the Park+ website.
Enter your vehicle number and view your challan status.
Use the Government of India official website- Parivahan, to check your challan status:
Visit the Parivahan e-challan webpage.
Enter your Challan number/vehicle number/ Driving license number.
A list of your e-challans shall be displayed.
Click on the challan to check its status.
How to Pay Bihar traffic e-challan offline?
To pay e-challan issued by Bihar traffic police offline, you can choose either of these two options:
Visit any traffic police station in your city along with your Driving Licence, Address and Identity Proof, and traffic violation challan. Pay your fine in cash and get the receipt.
Locate a traffic police officer with a handheld e-challan payment device. Swipe your debit/credit card to make cashless payment there and then.
How to check Pending Transaction Details?
First of all, you have to go to the official website of E- Challan https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in/.
The home page will open in front of you
On the homepage, you are required to click on check pending transaction
Now your page will be displayed before you where you have to enter either your challan number or vehicle number
Now you have to click on get details
Pending transaction details will be on your computer screen