The University of Windsor (UWindsor) is well-known for its beautiful and unusual setting. It is located in Canada's southernmost city (Windsor), which is next to the busiest international border crossing in North America. The institution also has a view of the Detroit River, which is enhanced by the city's good weather. With more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students, UWindsor is a "comprehensive, student-focused university." It currently has almost 500 faculty members, with a student-to-teacher ratio of 26:1. Class sizes range from moderate to small, ensuring a friendly learning environment. It became the first autonomous degree-granting institution in southwestern Ontario in 1963, and it presently has a campus that spans 51 hectares. The university is also linked with a number of other colleges, including Assumption University, Canterbury College, and Iona College, all of which provide religiously based education.
About egas windsor university
Engineering, Science, Education, Nursing, Law, Business, and Social Sciences are among the 65 graduate programmes, 195 undergraduate programmes, and 6 professional programmes offered by the university. During the Fall, Winter, and Summer Intake Sessions, the University of Windsor accepts applications. It is recommended that international students apply 8-12 months prior to the start of their programmes. During the application process, students must create a UWindsor account.
Windsor undergraduate application process
- You can apply to UWindsor via the UWindsor International Application website (powered by OUAC) or the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) website. All international students have access to this option. Use the UWindsor International Application webpage if you simply want to apply to UWindsor. If you want to apply to other Ontario universities, go to the OUAC website and fill out the 105 application form.
- If you're solely interested in the University of Windsor, select this option. You will not be able to apply to any other Ontario universities after submitting this application.
- If you don't already have one, sign up for an OUAC account. Start your application by logging in with your credentials.
- Before submitting your application, read the instructions carefully and double-check that all 10 areas are completed completely.
- You will receive an acknowledgement email with details of your UWin Account after submitting your application. To finish your 'To-Do List,' activate your UWin Account using the information supplied and log in to the UWinsite Student page. This will entail uploading the appropriate documents in accordance with the instructions. This website also allows you to check the status of your application.
Egas Windsor login and application process
The University of Windsor Graduate Applications website allows you to apply for any graduate programme. Within two business days of submitting your application, you will receive an application acknowledgement email with information on your UWin account. Activate your UWin Account and log in to the university's Electronic Graduate Application System using this information - Windsor eGAS. You'll need to upload the necessary documents to this site and then utilise it to track the status of your application.
Create an account on the website for Graduate Applications at the University of Windsor.
After logging in, click the ‘Application Start' button to begin using your application. The six symbols represent the main areas that must be completed before the application can be submitted.
Before submitting your application, double-check that all relevant parts are completed with accurate information.
Windsor egas eligibility requirements
Application Fee: 125 CAD
Basic Academic Requirement: A bachelor's degree with minimum marks of 70%.
Apply online at the official website.
After completing the application, submit the required documents by uploading them via eGAS.
On receiving an offer of a place, please mail other mandatory documents to The Office of the Registrar – Graduate Division, University of Windsor, 401 Sunset Ave., Windsor, ON N9B 3P4, Canada.
English language proficiency test scores.
Letters of reference.
Windsor egas courses being offered at the university
Master of Applied Computing (MAC)
Master of Arts in Communication and Social Justice (MA)
Master of Arts in Criminology (MA)
Master of Film and Media Arts (MFA)
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Application Fee (non-refundable)
Letters of Recommendation
Required - 2
Required - 3
Statement of Purpose
Frequently asked questions
When should I submit my application?
Each program at the University of Windsor has its own set of deadlines. Some courses accept students on a rolling basis. Please visit the university's official website to keep up with the most recent deadlines.
What are your chances of being accepted to this university?
Academics and skills are given equal weight at Egas UWindsor (practical experience). As a result, a student's academic background and standardised test scores are both critical. Except in a few instances where straight admission with no gaps is desired, the institution also likes candidates to have some practical experience before applying. Aside from that, the application documents and extra essays aid the admissions committee in deducing a candidate's profile and determining whether or not the student would be a good fit for the course/university. As a result, a student must maintain a high academic record while still performing well on standardised tests.
What is the total number of colleges and campuses at the university?
The University of Windsor is divided into two campuses: the Sunset Avenue campus and the Downtown campus. The School of Social Work and the Centre for Executive and Professional Education, as well as the School of Creative Arts, moved to the Downtown campus in September 2015. The university features nine schools on campus, each with state-of-the-art facilities.
Is there any on-campus housing?
- The institution offers a chance to discover the city's splendour as a medium-sized campus located on the west side and downtown of Windsor. It consists of four residential structures, each with its own distinct qualities.
- Alumni Hall (semi-suite or suite-style lodging): Has double and single rooms, a shared kitchen, and washrooms on the floor or in the suite.
- Cartier Hall (semi-suite or suite-style lodging): Provides double and single rooms, a shared kitchen, and washrooms on the floor or within the suite.
- Laurier Hall (traditional single rooms): Each floor has shared washrooms and living areas.
- Macdonald Hall (traditional double and single rooms): Each floor has shared washrooms and living areas.
- Each dormitory has a student population of 150 to 350 students. All of the residence halls are centrally placed on campus, allowing students to walk to class, restaurants, recreational facilities, libraries, and other establishments in just a few minutes. The residence halls have all of the basic amenities, but features differ per building:
- Access to the building is restricted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Microwave rooms or kitchens
- Facilities for doing laundry
- Cable television is available in the public lounges.
- Rooms for study
- A bed, a mattress, an armoire, or a closet are all options.
- Desk, chair, reading lamp, and refrigerator
- Internet access through wireless
- a landline phone
Is it possible to make modifications to an application that has already been submitted?
No, once you've clicked "Submit" in your eGAS uwindsor, you won't be able to change anything.
What if I don't have the required English language skills?
For such students, the University of Windsor offers the English Language Improvement Program (ELIP). Students can attend this programme and get a conditional offer letter from the institution if they do not match the minimal criteria at the time of application.
Is it possible to obtain a paper copy of my acceptance letter in order to apply for a visa?
The institution does not send acceptance letters in hard copy through the mail. Your eGAS Portal will have your offer letter. You can print it out and use it to apply for a visa.