Fastag Banks List
- Those who have been looking out for the FASTag bank's list need to first have clarity on what exactly is the FASTag all about. This concept has been introduced by the Indian government to ensure that on the highway the access to enter the states becomes a lot easier. The process is less complex and certainly, you don’t have to maintain cash every time to pay the toll. This is a great initiative that the government has brought and now it is mandatory for all vehicles (private/commercial) from 15 Feb 2021.
- Whether you want to buy/recharge FASTag online, check banks list & charges, activate FASTag at banks or My FASTag App, also available for buying at Paytm, Amazon, PhonePe, My Airtel, etc., everything is now available with the banks as well. Now those vehicles without fastags have today double toll tax at Highway Toll Plazas run by NHAI.
- Whether it is the FASTag bank's list, SBI your preference or another bank, you must know how to apply first from the bank of your choice. FASTag is enabled through the technology of Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID) and is mandatory for all vehicles in India to affix the tag on the windshield of the vehicle. The RFID FASTtag makes toll payments directly from your linked savings/current/prepaid account. And, it lets you drive through National Highway toll plazas across the country without the need to stop to make cash payments.
- The concept of FASTags is not new since it has already been followed in other countries. However, in India, the Central government has come up with it to ensure vehicles, whether commercial or private ones get quick entry. It is mandatory for all vehicles from February 2021. FASTag company list can give you clarity on whether you can attempt to apply from the company of your choice or not.
- You need to know how to Buy FASTag for Vehicles Online & recharge these toll tags. This electronic toll collection tag is currently issued by 22 certified banks. The complete bank list issuing these FASTAGS along with their charges is now available. So whether it is the FASTag banks list Canara bank or another bank, you first must know the banks that offer this service.
- FASTag rate list can of course vary as per the bank or the company you approach. All the vehicles without FASTags will have to pay double the normal toll charges at Highway Toll Plazas. People can get FASTag through various channels such as Point-of-Sale (POS) at National Highway toll plazas and bank branches.
FASTags are prepaid rechargeable tags for toll collection that allow automatic payment deduction from the FASTag. These electronic toll collection tags are normally affixed on the windscreen of vehicles. After activating fastags, you will not have to stop your vehicle at toll plazas to pay the toll. As soon as the vehicle crosses the toll plaza, the toll fee will automatically get deducted from the bank account/prepaid wallet linked to the FASTag.
Validity and charges
- Talking about the charges and validity, well the list of FASTag banks that are mentioned can have different details. if the FASTag is unreadable due to any wear-tear, users can obtain a fresh FASTag from the issuer. Loss of FASTag must be immediately reported to the issuer. Also, if a person owns more than one vehicle, then each vehicle must have a separate FASTag.
- All FASTags come with unlimited validity. A refundable security deposit, depending on vehicle type, will be charged, and will be refunded on the closure of the FASTag account. A one-time charge of Rs 100 deducted is imposed for FASTag account activation. A convenience fee is charged for online recharges depending on the bank and payment method.
List of all the banks that will issue a FASTag
Given below is the list of banks issuing FASTag that can make the process a lot more smoothly for you.
Axis Bank: 1800-419-8585
ICICI Bank: 1800-2100-104
IDFC Bank: 1800-266-9970
State Bank of India: 1800-11-0018
HDFC Bank: 1800-120-1243
Karur Vysya Bank: 1800-102-1916
EQUITAS Small Finance Bank: 1800-419-1996
Paytm Payments Bank Ltd: 1800-102-6480
Kotak Mahindra Bank: 1800-419-6606
Syndicate Bank: 1800-425-0585
Federal Bank: 1800-266-9520
South Indian Bank: 1800-425-1809
Punjab National Bank: 080-67295310
Punjab & Maharashtra Co-op Bank: 1800-223-993
Saraswat Bank: 1800-22-9999
Fino Payments Bank: 1860-266-3466
City Union Bank: 1800-2587200
Bank of Baroda: 1800-1034568
IndusInd Bank: 1860-5005004
Yes Bank: 1800-1200
Union Bank: 1800-222244
Nagpur Nagarik Sahakari Bank Ltd: 1800-2667183
Benefits of using FASTag
Once you approach any of the above-mentioned FASTag bank id lists you are likely to get FASTag faster. Listed are some of the advantages that you need to know:
You do need to carry cash for the toll transactions, it saves your time
The non-stop movement of vehicles leads to lower your fuel cost
FASTag also causes environmental benefits like reducing air pollution and the use of paper.
Fastag will remove traffic congestion at the toll plazas
SMS alerts will be sent to you for all your toll transactions, low balance, etc
You can recharge your FASTag online through Credit Card / Debit Card / NEFT/ RTGS or Net banking
- You can get in touch with the SBI FASTag agent list that might be available in your branch. Otherwise, you can search online for better details about the bank's contact number that offers FASTag services. With the Government's new initiative now, the whole working will be applicable from December 1 across the country to increase transparency and efficiency in processing transactions. FASTags are bank-neutral. This means that no bank is pre-assigned to the FASTag at the time you purchase it from a POS terminal or online platform. The online FASTag is based on the concept of DIY (Do-It-Yourself) where you can self-activate it by entering vehicle details in the “My FASTag” mobile app.
- The Indian Highways Management Company Ltd and various FASTag list of banks that have established more than 28,500 point-of-sale locations
Questions and Answers
How should the Activation Process be followed?
There are different options from which you can make the choice. All possible process is shared below:
FASTag Activation Through Banks –
- At the time of FASTag activation, people need to submit the KYC (Know Your Customer) documentation as per the KYC policy of the bank.
- Apart from the KYC documentation, people need to submit the Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle along with the application for FASTag to the bank.
How does FASTag Activation from My FASTag App works?
- All the android smartphone users can download the My FASTag app from “Google Play Store” and iPhone users can download it from the “Apple Store”.
- The direct link to download the My FASTag App is given online – My Fastag App Download (Google Play Store)
How can I buy a FASTag?
- You have multiple options here. If you need to buy a FASTag for your car, you can buy one at certain toll plazas across India, by carrying your identification as well as the vehicle registration documents with you. This is a mandatory KYC process.
- You could buy one on Amazon. or approach certain banks, including payments banks, for these FASTags. The banks that currently offer FASTags include HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, State Bank of India, Kotak Bank, Axis Bank as well as Paytm Payments Bank, to name a few.
- To buy from a bank, you’ll need to head to their websites. For options such as Paytm and Airtel Payments Bank, you can buy these directly on the payment apps on your phone.
How to Recharge FASTag on Phone Pe App Using BHIM UPI ID?
- Here is the complete process to recharge FASTag using BHIM UPI ID on Phone Pe mobile app: -
- Firstly open the Phone Pe app which is installed on your android smartphone. The homepage of the Phone Pe App will appear where you will have to click on the “To Contacts” tag to open the page as shown below: -
- Then click on ‘BHIM UPI option in the header, then add beneficiary BHIM UPI Id and click on the “Confirm” button to open the payment page as shown below:-
- Here enter the amount and make payment from the bank to complete FASTag recharge. After successful payment from your respective banks, you will get payment confirmation and a Fastag recharge message on your mobile phone: -
- For more information about specific banks' recharge and buying FASTag procedure, please visit the official websites of banks.
How to Recharge FASTag on Google Pay App Using BHIM UPI ID?
- Here is the complete process to recharge FASTag using BHIM UPI ID on Google Pay mobile app: -
- Firstly, open the Google Pay app which is installed on your android smartphone. Enter your google PIN to open the page as shown below: -
- On this page, click on the “New” button to open the payment page as shown below: -
- Here select the “UPI ID or QR” option to open the ‘Pay to’ pop-up window. Select the ‘UPI ID’ tab to open the ‘Enter UPI ID‘ pop up and enter ID as shown below:-
- Click the “Verify” button to open the bank payment page. Select the bank for payment and then make payment using the “Pay” button. To confirm bank correctness, send Rs. 1 as a test case and after verification, make complete payment.
- After successful payment from your respective banks, you will get payment confirmation and a Fastag recharge message on your mobile phone.