NIOS Admission 2019-20 | Apply Online For Class 10th & 12th For NIOS
Updated on Mar 16, 2020
NIOS Admission 2019 as we all know, stands for national institute for open learning or national open school (name changed in 2002) is the board of education that comes under the responsibility of union government of India. It provides education to all segments of the society with their main aim of enhancing the literacy rate in the country and it is a flexible segment as it provides education through their distant leaning mode. It was initiated in 1989 by the ministry of human resource development of the government of India. It comes under the national board that administers examinations for secondary and senior secondary examinations having same boards as CBSE and CISCE and it is not just limited to this but it also offers vocational or add-on courses after the high school.NIOS receives a huge amount of enrolment every year which is nearly equal to about 1.5 million students at secondary and senior levels and it enrols about 3,50, 000 students a year and this fact makes it the largest open schooling system in the world. The examinations take place twice a year, once in April-May and second in October-November, whose dates are fixed by NIOS itself.
Courses Offered By NIOS
- Open Basic Education Programme, which has three levels courses
- OBE 'A' Level course—Equivalent to class III
- OBE 'B' Level course—Equivalent to class
- OBE 'C' Level course—Equivalent to class VIII
- Secondary Course—Equivalent to class X
- Senior Secondary Course—Equivalent to class XII
- Vocational EducationCourses
- Life enrichment programmes
- EL.ED. course
NIOS Admission 2019-20 For Class 10th And 12thStudents who are seeking For The NIOS Admission for the session 2019-20, can apply through an online mode to get an NIOS admission, however, make sure you do this before the last date of closing the registrations. After that, registrations will be closed and a candidate would not be able to apply for an admission. Make sure, you provide all the authentic information of yours and upload all the needed documents.If You want to gain knowledge in computer Field, You Can Check Out CCC Online CourseCandidates who want to get an admission into NIOS through stream-1 in block 1 and block 2, will have to appear for a public exam which is conducted by NIOS itself, twice a year, once in April/May and second in October/November.
Dates of NIOS admission (Academic year 2019-20)
|Block for an Online Admission||Dates of Online Admission Stream- 1||NIOS EXAM FEE||Examination dates in which the candidates can appear first time|
|Block-1 (April/May, 2020)||16th March - 31 July 1 August - July 15th August16th August to 31st August1st Sept. to 15th Sept||Normal Feewith late fee of Rs. 200/-with late fee of Rs. 400/-with late fee of Rs. 700/-||April/May, 2020|
|Block-II (Oct/Nov. 2020)||16th Sept. to 31st January1st February to 15th February16th February to 28th February1st March. to 15th March||Normal Feewith late fee of Rs. 200/-with late fee of Rs. 400/-with late fee of Rs. 700/-||October/November, 2019|
Eligibility Criteria For NIOS 2019-20
For students getting into secondary courses:
- The minimum age that a candidate needs to get into a secondary course is 14 years, that is, he or she must have born on 31st, July, 2005, or before it.
- A candidate who has completed his or her eighth standard’s education and has a valid proof of being fourteen-year-old, can apply for registration to get into a secondary course.
- A candidate giving a certificate of his own self stating that he has studied enough to be able to get into secondary course, is also eligible for admission to the secondary course.
- A candidate who has already studied the secondary course but wishes to pursue it again with an aim of self-improvement or anything, can also apply for this.
For students getting into senior-secondary courses
- The minimum age that a candidate needs is 15 years to get himself enrolled in a senior secondary course, that is, he must have born on 31st July, 2004.
- It is mandatory for a candidate pass his secondary course from a recognised board or else he may get failed in getting himself enrolled.
- For a student getting into secondary course: 14 year
- For a student getting into senior secondary course: 15 year
Application Process For NIOS Registration 2019-20
- First you need to visit the official portal of NIOS
- Click on the button, “register”
- Read the instructions and rules written their carefully and click on the “proceed button”
- Select your respective state
- Select the identify type which includes, Aadhaar number, passport, ration card or any other identity proof)
- Enter the number of your selected identity proof.
- Select the course you want to get into (secondary or senior secondary) and then click on the button submit.
- Now, after all the steps, an application form will appear on the screen
- The application form is divided into four different sections, named as, basic details, optional details, subject selection and study centre selection.
- Fill all your details carefully in all those sections and make your payment through an appropriate payment gateway.
NIOS Fee Structure For Admission 2019-20
|Course||Male||Female||SC/ST, Ex-Servicemen, Persons with Disabilities (PWD)|
|For 5 subjects||Rs 1800/-||Rs 1450/-||1200|
|for each additional subject||Rs 720/-||Rs 720/-||Rs 720/-|
|Senior Secondary Course|
|For 5 subjects||2000/-||1650/-||1300/-|
|for each additional subject||Rs 720/-||Rs 720/-||Rs 720/-|
Fee system for Dual Enrolment / Part Admission / TOC (Stream -1)
|Course||Fees (in rupees)|
|Secondary and Sr. Secondary Registration fee (Per subject)||Rs. 480/-|
|Secondary, cost of Course Material for each Subject||Rs. 360/-|
|Senior Secondary, cost of Course Material for each Subject||Rs. 400/-|
- Transfer of credit fee will cost Rs. 150 per subjects for both X and XII.
- The additional subject fee to a candidate will cost Rs. 600 for both the courses, that is, secondary and senior secondary.
- The mode of payment will be both, online and offline, depends on you what you choose, you can make an online payment for your application fee via master, credit card, visa, debit card and if you choose an offline mode, you can make it happen through bank draft of any nationalised bank of India only in the name of secondary.
FAQsQ1. What is the procedure of taking an admission at NIOS?Ans.NIOS comes with online application forms to make an admission procedure flexible for candidates, however, if a candidate finds any problem in online submission, they can visit their nearest study centre and they will help them in online registration.The leaner had the following options
- Apply online from the main website of NIOS for NIOS online admission
- Visit your nearest AI (study centre) as they will help you in an online registration.
- You can visit the concerned regional centre of NIOS to take help for online registration
WRITTEN BYPandit Shivamनमस्कार दोस्तों, मैं Pandit Shivam, HREX का Author हूँ. मुझे नयी नयी Technology से सम्बंधित चीज़ों को सीखना और दूसरों को सिखाने में बड़ा मज़ा आता है. मेरी आपसे विनती है की आप लोग इसी तरह हमारा सहयोग देते रहिये और हम आपके लिए नईं-नईं जानकारी उपलब्ध करवाते रहेंगे I