Paisabazaar cibil report
- A Credit Score, also commonly referred to as CIBIL Score, is a 3-digit number that represents how well you have managed credit, like a home loan or personal loan or your credit cards, in the past. It is primarily a measure of your ability to borrow - calculated based on your past behavior with credit.
- Simply put, your credit score shows lenders whether you are a reliable borrower or a risky one, and the likelihood of you repaying a new loan responsibly.
- When you apply for any kind of loan or a credit card, the lender bank or NBFC takes a close look at your credit score and credit history that is maintained in your credit report. Your credit score is calculated out of 900. The higher your credit score, the more likely lenders are to approve you for new credit. Usually, a score of 750 and above is preferred by lenders.
The role of Cibil Score
- Four Credit Information Companies or Credit Bureaus operate in India – TransUnion CIBIL, Equifax, Experian, and CRIF Highmark. These institutions are licensed to collect and maintain financial records about individuals and generate credit reports/ credit scores based on this data. Credit reports and the credit scores that they contain are used by lenders to analyze an individual’s creditworthiness and financial prudence. Individuals can easily access their credit reports and know their credit score to determine their eligibility for new credit cards and loans.
- CIBIL or Credit Information Bureau (India) Limited is a credit bureau that maintains and calculates your credit score. While CIBIL is the oldest, there are three other credit bureaus that provide you with your credit report - Experian, CRIF High Mark, and Equifax. Each credit bureau calculates your credit score independently based on your credit information that is provided to them by banks and NBFCs regularly. Each credit bureau has its model for calculating your credit score; hence, your score from each bureau is likely to vary.
- On Paisabazaar.com, you can check your credit score for free, with monthly updates. We have a partnership with multiple credit bureaus, including CIBIL, that enables you to check, track and build your credit score – At absolutely zero cost. Please note that checking your paisabazaar cibil score does not have any impact on your score.
Why is your Credit Score important
- Your credit score is the first thing that a lender looks at while evaluating your loan application. In case your paisabazaar cibil score check or credit score is low, the lender might reject the application without even considering it further.
- If the score is high, the lender will look into other details to determine if the applicant is creditworthy. Thus, a good credit score increases the chances of your loan application being approved.
- However, your credit score is not the only factor considered for a person’s ability to secure new credit. Lenders also take into consideration your debt to income ratio, employment history, profession, etc. before approving/rejecting the application.
Benefits of maintaining a High Credit Score
Though credit score is not the only thing that lenders look at when considering a loan or credit card application, it is arguably one of the most important ones. Maintaining a good credit score comes with several benefits that include:
Greater chances of your loan applications being approved, as a high credit score indicates higher creditworthiness and lower risk for the lender
You are more likely to receive lower interest rates on loans
You can get easy and quick approval for your loan and credit card applications
Access to pre-approved loans based on your eligibility
You can avail higher limit on your credit cards
Discount on processing fees and other charges
How is your Credit Score calculated
- Your credit score depends on a lot of factors that a credit bureau takes into consideration while calculating your score. These factors depict your credit behavior in the past and are reported to Banks and NBFCs every time you apply for a credit product. Some of the key factors that influence your credit score are:
- Loan Repayment History: Timely payments can boost up your credit score and help in improving it significantly. Defaulting on your EMIs or making late payments negatively affects your credit score. Your loan repayment history has a high impact on your CIBIL score calculation.
- Duration of Credit History: The duration or age of your credit history also affects your credit score. If you have used credit cards/loans for a long period and made timely payments on them, then it's a sign of disciplined credit behavior. It has a medium impact on your credit score.
- Several Hard Inquiries: Every time you apply for a new credit product, the lender inquires about your credit score. Such inquiries by lenders and financial institutions are known as hard inquiries. Too many hard inquiries may negatively affect your credit score as it shows you to be credit-hungry. Multiple hard inquiries at the same time may have a considerable short-term impact on your credit score.
- Credit Utilization Ratio: The ratio of the credit amount you spend to the credit amount available to you is known as the credit utilization ratio. You should try and not utilize more than 30% of your available credit regularly to have a good credit utilization ratio. A high credit utilization ratio indicates a higher dependency on credit and a potentially high repayment burden which negatively impacts your credit score.
Effects of PAN Change on CIBIL Score
- If your PAN card is lost or stolen and you have requested a duplicate PAN card, it won’t have any effect on your CIBIL/Credit score as the PAN number will remain the same. However, if you have two different PAN cards, then it is advisable to surrender one to avoid any issues.
- Also, getting a new PAN Card might affect your CIBIL score. It’s because your credit score is based on your credit history which is mapped to your existing PAN card. So, if you apply for a new PAN, then the TransUnion CIBIL database may probably show a red flag on your account.
Things to Remember
If your existing credit card CIBIL score is above 750, it is usually considered good for a credit card application
A credit score helps the banks judge the applicants’ credit behavior and payment patterns
A rejected credit card application can drop the credit score
A paisabazaar credit score check is calculated using a complex proprietary formula using credit history data found in the credit report. This score is affected by a range of factors such as payment and borrowing patterns, the number of credit card or loan applications, credit utilization, and so on. As the formula used for generating credit score is proprietary, it varies from one credit bureau to another, so the credit score of the same individual also varies from one CIC to another. A credit score is one of the key factors responsible for the approval of a loan or credit card application. The closer an applicant’s score is to 900, the greater are his/her chances of being approved for new credit cards/loans.
Questions and Answers
How to Check Credit Score on Paisabazaar for Free?
Follow the steps mentioned below to check your paisabazaar cibil check:
Step 1: Click here to get a free credit score
Step 2: Enter personal details such as full name, DOB, PAN, etc. and verify using OTP authentication
Step 3: Click on the ‘Get Your Credit Score’ button
On successful submission, you will be redirected to a new page where your credit score will be displayed. You can download the credit report and use DDMMYYYY as the password for the protected report.
Why provide my mobile number for checking my credit score?
You need to provide your mobile number for OTP authentication to securely access your account. This is to make sure that only you get to check your credit score and other details.
How to Download CIBIL Report?
To check your credit score through Paisabazaar.com, follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Click here to get the free credit score https://www.paisabazaar.com/cibil-credit-report/
Step 2: Enter your details such as full name, DOB, PAN, etc. and verify using OTP authentication
Step 3: When you click on the ‘Get Your Credit Score’ button, you will get credit scores from multiple lenders
Step 4: Select CIBIL score, choose the language and month and click on the ‘Download’ button to download your CIBIL report
Step 5: Your Date of Birth (DDMMYYYY format) is the password of your CIBIL report
What is the minimum CIBIL Score for Credit Card Approval?
The credit score requirement for different card issuers would vary. However, a credit score in the good to excellent score range would help to get approved for a credit card. The minimum CIBIL Score which is required for most credit cards is 750.
How to Maintain a Good Credit Score?
A good credit score can be maintained by keeping the following important things in mind:-
Always pay your dues on time as outstanding bills can negatively affect your credit score
Maintain a healthy credit mix i.e. secured and unsecured loans (However, no lender will deny you a loan just because you do not have both types of credit accounts)
Regularly track your credit report to avoid any inaccuracies
You must keep your old accounts active as it helps banks assess your previous credit behavior for long
How to generate my credit score using an Aadhaar card?
Even though you have to link your PAN card with Aadhaar, but as of now, you cannot get your credit score using your Aadhaar number only. You will have to provide your PAN card to generate your credit score.