- Those who have been looking out for polyadmission must have clarity on the colleges that offer such facilities and what is the expected process to be a part of it. Polytechnic colleges in the state offer diploma education. This includes more than 45 colleges Government based while 6 Government Aided Polytechnic Colleges and 10 Self Financing Polytechnic Colleges. 20 Diploma Programmes in Engineering/Technology and Commercial Practice/Management are conducted in these Polytechnic Colleges.
- There is also a Special Diploma batch available for the Hearing-Impaired students which are conducted at three Polytechnics namely Kerala Govt. Polytechnic College Kozhikode, Govt. Polytechnic Colleges Kalamassery and Women's Polytechnic College Thiruvananthapuram. Details of the institutions and Diploma programs are available on our websites www.polyadmission.org and www.sitttrkerala.ac.in
What is Polytechnic
- Just the way polyadmission 2020 was conducted similarly, the process of the year 2021 will also be held. But students must have clarity on what exactly this field is all about and how it can help in career growth.
- Polytechnic is a diploma or vocational course where the focus of the institute is to deliver technical education. Generally, polytechnic courses are a three-year program which once completed can let the candidates obtain a certificate. This course also offers students a better platform to begin their career by getting a good job at a reputed company. Many institutes are conducting polytechnic courses primarily in civil, mechanical, electrical, and newly emerging branches.
Polytechnic Course Duration
- There is a process included in the poly admission allotment which is conducted by the polytechnic colleges. It also includes the courses of post-graduation and diploma. Besides, there are also courses of the duration of 3 years, 2 years and also 1 year.
- Talking of which, the 3-year diploma courses include Electrical Engineering, Architectural Assistantship, and so forth. This course can help to improve student’s theoretical and practical knowledge. That means the polytechnic courses are taught in such a way to get a job in the respective field.
- Moving further comes the 2-year diploma courses include Library and Information Science, Pharmacy, and so forth.
- There is also 1-year diploma courses in which subjects like Marketing & Sales Management, Beauty & Health Care, etc are included
What is the difference between Polytechnic and B.Tech
- Many people often get confused between B. Tech and Polytechnic considering both are the same platform. However, both of them are completely different and offer the best possible result but in the respective field for which candidates opt. Talking of which, the basic difference between polytechnic and B.Tech is that polytechnic is a diploma course whereas B.Tech is a degree course.
- Those who are looking for the polyadmission spot admission must know that such courses are generally for three years, whereas B.Tech is a four-year undergraduate program.
- In terms of fee structure, B.Tech is a high fee course as compared to polytechnic.
- Single Window System for Online Polytechnic Admission
- The process of polyadmission spot allotment is automated and conducted through a web-based single window system. Whether it is the design, application, implementation, or development of the admission process, it is taken care of by the Curriculum Development Centre by the in-house development team.
- The center has had good coordination of the admission process from 2008 to 2009. Initially, the desktop application was installed and created in the colleges. Later the software for the admission was even well upgraded in the complete web-based software in the year 2010-2011. Polyadmission.org/index is the best solution from which the details can be gathered.
- Basically, this software is well refined each year with some new models and features. It is even well incorporated with the SSLC database with the admission software for getting SSLC marks and student details automatically. The software interfaces are user-friendly and simple, for ease of access to candidates.
Those who have been looking out for the polyadmission first allotment need to understand that there are some conditions and requirements set already that candidates are expected to fulfill so the admission process is successful. That is why it is important for the candidates to carefully check the eligibility criteria prescribed by the institutes to ensure that they are eligible for admission. It should be noted that the eligibility criteria for each course vary from institution to institution.
Qualification: Should have passed class 10th or 12th
Minimum Marks: Candidates should have obtained 40% marks in the qualifying examination. (Note: Minimum marks can vary from institute to institute)
Nationality: Should be of Indian National
Compulsory Subjects: Generally, Mathematics, Science & English are compulsory subjects to apply for diploma courses.
What is the Admission Process for polytechnic candidates
Those who are looking to enroll for the polyadmission trial allotment must also learn about the registration process. To get the best admission in such a program, the candidates must follow the right format. This includes:
In order to get admission into any polytechnic programme, candidates are required to fill and submit the application form released by the concerned authorities within the specified dates.
While filling out the application form, candidates must provide some basic details such as personal details, academic details, & contact details and upload required documents such as photographs and signatures.
During the application process, candidates will also be required to make a payment of the application fee.
It should be noted that the application form will be different for each polytechnic course.
Know the process of the Issue of admit cards –
For those who want to apply for the admission card or check the polyadmission rank list, the online website in that case can be of great help. Also,
Many state polytechnic entrance exams are conducted for admission to the polytechnic courses offered by the participating institutes of the state.
The authorities will release the admit card for all the candidates who will register within the specified dates.
The admit card will contain all the details regarding the exam day such as the candidate’s name, exam date, exam time, allotted exam center, and exam day instructions.
Key facts to know
Entrance exam - The concerned authorities conduct their respective entrance exams as per the schedule.
Declaration of result - After the examination, the authorities declare the result of the entrance exam. Only those candidates who will qualify for the entrance exam will be eligible for admission.
Counselling Process - Candidates who will qualify for the entrance examination will be called to participate in the counseling process.
After the counseling, the authorities will allot seats to the candidates based on merit, preference, and availability of seats.
Career Options in Polytechnic
Many companies hire students who have completed their polytechnic courses without making it mandatory for them to join a B.Tech or B.E. course.
Students can bag numerous job opportunities in the public as well as the private sector. Candidates who complete their polytechnic courses can find jobs of the junior level as well as technical level positions that are for both engineering and non-engineering students. Some of the top government and Public Sector Unit companies that hire polytechnic diploma holders are given below.
Top government Sector Unit companies
GAIL - Gas Authority of India Limited
ONGC - Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
BSNL - Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
Jobs in Infrastructure Development Agencies
IPCL - Indian Petro Chemicals Limited
NSSO - National Sample Survey Organization
Jobs in Indian Railways
DRDO - Defence Research and Development Organization
BHEL - Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
NTPC - National Thermal Power Corporation
Jobs in Public Work Departments
Jobs in Irrigation Departments
Top Public Sector Unit companies
Some of the companies that recruit students who have a degree in a polytechnic course are given below:
Airlines - Spicejet, Indigo, Jet Airways, etc.
Automobiles - Toyota, Maruti Suzuki, TATA Motors, Bajaj Auto, Mahindra, etc.
Mechanical Engineering Firms - ACC Limited, Hindustan Unilever, Voltas, etc.
Construction Firms - DLF, Unitech, Jaypee Associated, Mitas, GMR Infra, etc.
Communication Firms - Reliance Communications, Bharti Airtel, Idea Cellular, etc.
Computer Engineering Firms - HCL, TCS, Polaris, Wipro, etc.
Electrical / Power Firms - BSES, Tata Power, L&T, Seimens, etc.
Apart from these jobs, some people also choose to go for self-employment jobs and start a business of their own after completing a polytechnic course
Whether it is the polyadmission org trial allotment process or the other details to be known, students must prepare themselves to understand this merging career. This course is designed for the students who are not keen to opt for a regular graduation degree. There are different technical courses for the students that can help them grow in a specific niche. Such a course is a perfect blend of knowledge and skills. There are many diploma courses too. The focus of such course is to cover the area of interest into a regular living source for those who wish to make themselves independent at the financial level
Polytechnic courses are a blend of technical courses such as Electronics and communication, Automobile engineering, production engineering, electrical, civil, and many such courses. The students are free to choose any of the courses offered by their college according to their interests or future perspective.
Question and answers
How to get the Kerala Polytechnic Diploma Provisional Allotment Result List 2021?
The process is quite easy and should be followed stepwise. This includes:
All the polytechnic candidates who have applied on polyadmission.org are loading the website right now
Aspirants must visit the site polyadmission.org to check their respective Provisional Rank List 2021.
How To Check Kerala Polytechnic Trial Allotment List 2021 @polyadmission.org?
The process to check Kerala Polytechnic Trial Seat Allotment List 2021 is very simple, need to visit the official website polyadmission.org and follow the given below steps
After visiting the official website Kerala polytechnic admissions polyadmission.org.
After that, the candidate is required to login into their admissions account.
You will be required to have your User ID and Password.
Once you are logged in successfully, you will be able to check Kerala Polytechnic Trial Seat Allotment List 2021 officially.
How much are the Polytechnic Course Fees?
The nominal tuition fees of around 2000 to 5000 per annum are charged by the Govt. Polytechnic Colleges.
Whereas the Self-Financed Polytechnic Colleges charge approximately higher fees.
In general, the Polytechnic college fees vary from one college to another.
So, it could charge an average amount of around 10000 to 30000 per annum.
Students are advised to check their college website to know the exact tuition fees. Apart from tuition fees, other expenses like uniform fees, lab fees, hostel fees, etc. may also apply.
What are the types of Polytechnic colleges available in India?
The following are the types of polytechnic colleges available in India.
Government Polytechnic Colleges
Private or Self-Financed Polytechnic Colleges
Women’s Polytechnic Colleges
What are the qualifications required to apply for Polytechnic Courses?
Students should have passed class 10th or class 12th board examinations to apply.