B2 Visa Documents
Visiting friends and family in the United States? Are you planning a vacation or a medical trip? The US B2 visa is excellent for short-term visitors to the US who are not on business. Y-Axis has assisted thousands of people in successfully obtaining visas all over the world. Because of our extensive knowledge of the US visa process, we are the best choice for you to file your US B2 Visa application.
- A B2 visa is required for anyone who wishes to enter the United States of America for tourism purposes. It is a non-immigrant visa that can be used for a variety of activities such as travel, visits with relatives or friends, medical treatment, and so on. The B2 visa is usually referred to as a tourist visa.
- The B-2 visa is a non-immigrant visa to the United States. The visa allows individuals to enter the United States for a limited time for tourist, recreation, or family visits.
When in the United States, B-visa holders are permitted to engage in the following activities:
Come to the country for a vacation.
Explore the country's numerous cities.
Pay a visit to their friends or relatives.
Participate in social gatherings organised by organisations.
Travel to the country for medical care.
Take part in sporting or musical events.
Take part in short-term courses.
US B2 VISA requirements and details
The US B2 visa is the most convenient route for short-term tourists to visit the United States. It is normally provided for six months. In rare situations, it is granted as a multiple entry visa valid for up to ten years.
The following are the key details of the B2 visa:
You must be able to persuade US consular officials at a US Embassy/Consulate that they are not visiting the nation to become an immigrant.
You must provide arguments and proof for why you would return to your home country.
You must schedule appointments for biometrics (fingerprinting) and visa interviews.
Children under the age of 14 and individuals over the age of 80 do not need to visit the Consulate/Embassy for an interview and can submit their documents at the visa application centre.
People who already have a US Visit Visa and want to renew it can do so by making an appointment at a visa application centre and submitting their documentation in person.
The visa is typically processed in 2-3 days, and your passport can be obtained from the VAC centre or couriered to you.
B2 Visa documents check list for parents
Applicants applying for a B2 visa must bring the necessary documents to the Consulate or Embassy when they visit for their visa interview. Here is the list of B2 Visa documents requirements:
Passport (current and old passports).
Confirmation page for the DS-160 form.
Receipt for application fee payment
Appointment letter copy
Proof of current income, tax payments, ownership of a business or property, or assets
Itinerary and other details about the vacation you've planned.
A letter from the employer. This letter should include your title, salary, employment length, approved vacation (if any), and other pertinent information.
In the event of a conviction/arrest anywhere, the court or criminal records will be available. It must be submitted even if you have been pardoned or have served your sentence.
Additional b2 visa documents requirements
The following documents must be given depending on the applicant travelling to the United States:
- If you are a student, please bring your most recent school report, diplomas/degrees, and transcripts with you to the Consulate or Embassy for the interview. You should also obtain financial documentation, such as monthly bank statements, FD (fixed deposit) slips, and so on.
- If you are a working adult, you should receive a letter from your employer as well as your most recent three months' pay stubs.
- If you are visiting a relative in the United States, you should obtain a copy of your relative's immigration documentation. For instance, a valid visa, Green Card, Naturalization certificate, and so on.
- If you have previously visited the United States, you must bring any documentation proving your visa or immigration status.
- If you are visiting the United States for medical treatment, you must provide the following documents:
- A medical diagnostic from a local doctor outlined the nature of the sickness and why it was necessary to seek treatment in the United States.
- A letter from a medical facility or doctor in the United States expressing a desire to treat the sickness. This letter should include the cost of treatment as well as the projected duration. The cost of therapy should include the doctor's charge, hospitalisation, and other medical expenses.
- A statement from the organisation or persons who are paying for the medical, transportation, and living expenditures. The sponsors must show documentation that they can cover this expense, such as bank statements, savings/income statements, or a copy of their income tax returns.
B2 Visa application form online process
To apply for a B-2 visa, follow the steps outlined below:
- Fill out the online application. You must complete the DS-160 form. Before filling out the form, make sure you read the instructions and submit accurate information. You must add your photo while filling out the online application form.
- Check that you have a photo in the correct format. You will not be able to make changes to the form once it has been submitted. Make a copy of the confirmation page.
- You must pay the visa charge. Make a copy of the payment confirmation page for your records.
- Make the visa appointment. To do so, log in to the visa page and select Schedule Appointment from the left-hand menu on the dashboard. You must make two appointments.
- The first appointment is for the Consulate or Embassy interview, and the second appointment is for the Visa Application Center (VAC). The VAC appointment is to finish the photo and fingerprint scanning process, which must be completed one day before the visa interview. To make an appointment, you must enter your passport number, the date you paid the fees, and the barcode number (10 digits) listed on the DS-160 form confirmation page.
- You will be able to select your visa type, enter personal information, add dependents, confirm visa payment, select the delivery location, and book appointments during this procedure.
Frequently asked questions
Who qualifies for a B-1/B-2 visa?
You can apply for a B-1/B-2 visa if you want to visit the United States for either vacation or employment objectives, such as attending a conference, exploring an area, or visiting relatives. You may be required to provide documentation that you have ties to your native country and intend to leave the United States.
How long may I stay in the United States on a B-1 visa?
When you enter the United States, a customs officer will permit you to stay for up to six months. If you want to stay for a longer time, you may be eligible to request an extension of up to one year.
How can I prolong my B-2 visa stay?
- If you are nearing the end of your permitted stay in the United States, you may prefer to extend it, especially since there may be future implications if you stay in the United States longer than allowed.
- If you have a B-1/B-2 visa, you can extend your stay for up to a year. You will need to complete Form I-539 to prolong or modify your status to do so. It is advised that you seek an extension of your status at least 45 days before your approved stay expires, so plan ahead.
Can I work in the United States on a B-1 visa?
No, while you may enter the United States for business purposes, you are not permitted to work or be hired by a U.S. employer. If you want to work in the United States for a U.S. firm, you might be interested in alternative visa categories, such as the H-1B visa.
What is the process of b2 visa renewal?
For a B2 visa renewal, you must go through the original application process. Depending on the United States embassy or consulate where you apply, you may be able to complete your visa renewal without an interview.
Is it better to apply for a B-1 visa or an ESTA?
- If you are a citizen of one of the 38 countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program, you can apply for an ESTA instead of a B-1/B-2 visa.
- Both allow you to enter the United States for the same reasons, such as tourism or business, however, the ESTA can be applied for online. However, entering the United States in this manner only allows you to stay for up to 90 days, so if you want to stay in the United States for travel or business purposes for a longer time, the B-1/B-2 visiting visa may be a possibility for you.
Do Canadians require a B-2 visa?
Most Canadian nationals do not require a visa for casual business or tourism travel and will be allowed immediately under the B-1 or B-2 categories.
Is the B-1 visa for immigrant or non-immigrant purposes?
The B-1/B-2 visa is a non-immigrant visa, but if your circumstances change, such as marrying a US citizen or permanent resident, there are numerous ways to transition from a guest visa to a green card. Learn more about how Boundless can help you avoid big headaches and simplify the process.