PM Wani Yojana (PM Wi-Fi access network interface scheme)
This scheme is announced by the Union cabinet and Prime Minister Narendra Modi. It is mainly for revolutionizing the world of technology and the availability of wi-fi will increase. The Union Minister has made major announcements on Wi-Fi connectivity, submarine optical fiber, 4G coverage, and employment scheme.
Under PM Wani yojana, small shopkeepers will be able to give Wi-Fi service. It will increase their income and simultaneously ensure that our youth get easy internet connectivity. This digital India will also strengthen the mission.
All individuals who want to apply for online applications then download the official notification and read all eligible criteria and application process carefully. We will give a short description of PM Wani Yojana 2021 like scheme benefit, key features of the Scheme, eligibility criteria, and application process.
What is PM Wani Yojana?
In PM Wani Yojana, the government aims to give internet connectivity through public data offices (PDO). The scheme mainly aims to not only increase the “ease of doing” business but also will do the “ease of living”.
The scheme would enable our small shopkeepers to give Wi-Fi service. It will increase as well as ensure our youth gets seamless internet connectivity. It will also strengthen our digital India mission, “PM Modi said in a tweet.
How does the PM Wani Wi-Fi scheme work?
The public wi-fi service will be set up by the public data office aggregators to provide wi-fi service through the PDO spread throughout the country. It will help increase the proliferation of broadband internet services through a public network. The government will also develop an app to register users and discover the Wani-compliant Wi-Fi hotspots in the nearby area and display them for accessing the internet service.
No license fee will be charged for giving broadband internet service. So, using the public wi-fi hotspots will greatly encourage its penetration across the country. A customer wanting to access the network from the PDOs premise can do so only after an eKYC authentication.
Objectives of PM Wani Yojana
The main objective is to provide wi-fi facilities at all public places. Under this scheme, every citizen of the whole country can now connect to the internet. So that they will get many facilities. Public Wi-Fi networks through public data offices will not involve any license, fee, or registration.
- The expansion of public wi-fi will not only create employment but also increase disposable income in the hands of small and medium entrepreneurs and increase the GDP of the country.
Key features of PM Wani Yojana
- The scheme has to get approval from the Union Cabinet on 9 December 2020.
- PM Wani yojana will also enhance the ease of doing business and make life easier.
- The Union Cabinet has assigned the Telecom department across the country.
- In this scheme, a PDO (public data office) will be opened.
- There is no license, no registration fee, or any public fee for this public data office.
- The proposal for creating a network to provide wi-fi service to the public through the public data office has been approved.
- The job of PDA is to look after the authorization and accounting of PDO.
- The registration process should be completed within 7 days of application.
Major benefits of PM Wani Yojana
- Wi-Fi facility will be free of cost under this scheme
- It will enable small shopkeepers to provide Wi-Fi service.
- This scheme will increase as well as ensure that the youth gets seamless internet connectivity.
- It will also increase the Digital India mission.
- The Cabinet has given approval of setting up a open wi-fi service to give free wi-fi service to the public through a data office without any license fee.
- The cabinet has cleared the provision of submarine optical fiber cable connectivity between the mainland and Lakshadweep islands.
How to register for free wi-fi service?
The government will develop an application in which users can register for wani yojana under this scheme. This application also helps them to discover wani-complaint or wi-fi hotspots to nearby ears.
In this application, the center will register all the details of all the app-providers like PDAs and PDOs. All these registrations will be handled by the center for the development of telematics. The main purpose of this scheme is to enhance the availability and use of broadband that will help to enhance the incomes, employment, quality of life and ease of doing the business, etc.
- If the customer wants to access the network from the PDOs premise then he can do it only after an eKYC authentication.
- The eKYC authentication can be done only by the app provider.
- All the users have to install the app provider app from an app store once they have entered in PDOs premise.
- No license fee will be charged for providing the broadband internet services stated by the communication minister.
Frequently asked questions:-
Q. What is PM Vani?
A. This scheme is approved by the union cabinet minister and PM Narendra Modi has announced the yojana for revolutionizing the world of technology and the WI-FI availability will be increased.
Q. Will India have WI-FI?
A. After announcing the free wifi scheme, the businessman Mukesh Ambani has introduced the Reliance Jio Telecom Network. Jio has offered free wifi 4g up to an extended period.
Q. What is the PM-WANI Scheme?
A. With the help of this yojana, the government of India aims to provide internet connectivity all over the country. This scheme will not only provide the ease of doing business but the ease of living too.
Q. How can I get the free wifi internet services in India?
A. In Malls, Museums, Monuments and even in parks free wifi hotspot is accessible. Mostly, these networks are not as secured but still you can share them with your friends and family. In most cases, you can use unlimited free wifi.