Sarathi Parivahan Sewa Apply Online
As we all know that our PM Narendra Modi initiated the digital India campaign in 2015. The aim of this campaign is to make available all government services online so that the citizens of India can easily take advantage of services while sitting at their home or office. With the passage of time, all government departments are incorporating digital platforms to provide their services. Currently, the Ministry of road and transport has also joined the digital platform and more than 1000 RTOs across India. Through this service, users need to submit their application for learner or permanent license and any other services on a platform which is known as “Sarathi parivahan Sewa”. In this article, you will get to know all related details.
Sarathi Parivahan Sewa service
Sarathi parivahan sewa services available on the platform are as follows:-
- Learner driving license
- Driving license
- Driving school license
- Conductor license
- Documents upload
- DL fee submission
- Appointment for DI related
- Application status
- Search driving license
- Add a class of vehicle
- Withdraw your service
Why driving license necessary?
- It is necessary for all the citizens of India to have a “driving license” who drives two or four-wheeler. While driving, ensure that you have your driving license with you otherwise you might face the problems of not doing so.
- DL entitles candidates as an authorized driver: According to the law, driving without a driving license is considered an illegal act. So, it doesn’t matter how safe you are. If you don’t have a driving license with you then you are not considered an authorized driver.
- DL identifies citizens while violating rules: In case, if any mishappening occurs while driving then DL their identity will be recognized help to find others details.
- It acts as identity proof: The candidate can use a driving license as an identity proof for many purposes.
Eligibility for sarathi parivahan sewa services
- MCWG (Motorcycle without gear):- the applicant should be 16 years old and if he is less than 18 years then the consent of his parents or guardians will be required.
- MCW (Motorcycle with gear):- the applicant must be the age of 18.
- Commercial license for transportation:- applicant must have the age of 18 and must hold an LMV license.
So, before applying for a driving license in India, you must know the above eligibility criteria.
Who can apply for a driving license?
Any Indian, foreigner, repatriate, ex-serviceman, and physically handicapped can apply for a driving license in India.
Documents required for learner driving license
Let’s talk about the documents required to be attached along with the application.
- Photograph (10 to 20 KB)
- Signature (10 to 20KB)
- Identity proof (Aadhar card, PAN card, passport, or voter ID card)
- Address proof (Aadhar card, driving license, voter ID card, or electricity bill)
How to apply for a learner driving license?
Now, the application for a learner driving license will easily be submitted at sarathi parivahan portal https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/. So, the following instructions need to follow: -
- You need to open the website of sarathi parivahan sewa https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/.
- On the homepage, you are required to choose the “Driving license-related services” tab.
- A new tab will open in which you need to choose your respective state.
- The sarathi parivahan dashboard will display in front of you.
- In the dashboard, you need to select the “application for new learner license” which is available under the hood of learner license.
- The list of stages for online application will show to you which are:
- Details submission in the application form
- Documents upload
- Fee payment
- Check payment status
- Print application receipt
- Book LL test slot
- Press the continue tab to proceed
- On the next page, you need to select the relevant choice if you fall in any one of them and the choices are: -
- Whether you are a diplomat, foreigner, or refugees
- Do you have a driving license or not?
- Do you have a learning license or not?
- Then, click on submit when you made the appropriate choice
- The learner license application form will display on your screen.
- Fill in all the asked information carefully
- On submitting time, you will get the application number on your mobile number.
Learner license application fee payment
- Click on the next tab, you need to click on the proceeds option to make the fee payment.
- Click on the pay now option and you will be going to the payment gateway window.
- In the payment gateway window, you may choose the payment mode according to your choice.
- On successful payment, download the fee receipt for future reference.
Learner license documents upload
- You are required to select the upload documents tab.
- You need to enter your details like application number and DOB.
- Then, select the documents from the list and upload its scanned file.
- When the documents uploaded successfully its status will show to you
- Then, you need to upload your photography or signature whose size should be between 10 to 20 KB.
- After uploading the documents, take the printout of acknowledgment.
Learner license application status online
- After submission, you can check the status of the learner driving license by following the steps; -
- Move on to the Sarathi Parivahan portal first
- On the homepage, check the application status
- Enter your application number, date of birth, and captcha code.
- After filling in the asked information, your DL application status will show on the screen
How do apply for a new driving license?
Candidates who have a learner license and now their due date to upgrade it for a permanent license then need to submit its application form. The implementation process is given below: -
- Visit the official website of Sarathi parivahan mahal in the web browser https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/
- Then, they need to choose their state from the homepage.
- Now, press on “new driving license option”.
- Then, the instruction page will open up and read the instructions carefully. Then click on the “hit” button.
- On the next page, you need to insert “learner license” details such as license number and date of birth.
- To proceed, tap on “OK”.
- Application form will display on your screen and fill in the complete information and submit it.
- Now, candidates need to upload all the documents such as photos and signed copies.
- Next, applicants have to pay the application as well as the DL test fee.
- Tab on the payment status
- Now, print the receipt for future reference.
- When you submit the application then you can check the status of your payment online by filling in the details.
Documents needed for new driving license
- Application form
- Learner license
- Address proof
- Age proof
- Passport size photo
How to check the application status of your driving license?
- Go to the official website of sarathi parivahan mahal
- On the homepage, select the application status
- Then, a window will display where you have to enter your application number, date of birth, and captcha code.
- If the candidate has to submit the application form through another portal, then select the portal name
- After submitting all the information, your application status will display on your screen.
Q1. Is it necessary to submit a medical certificate for a learning license?
Ans. Yes, every candidate needs to be submitted a medical certificate for applying for a learning license.
Q2. For how much time learner license is valid?
Ans. It is valid for 6 months and after 30 days of issuance of a learning license, the candidate can apply for the permanent license.
Q3. What if I fail the learning license test?
Ans. In this case, you need to take a fresh appointment and also need to pay for it.
Q4. Which documents are needed for learning a driving license?
Ans. Candidates need to upload one valid identity proof and one address proof.